DELHI CENTER - HOLT
This village on the highway from Mason to Lansing in Delhi township consisted of a collection of houses in or near the center of the township. There were two hotels before the railroad came that did quite a business, furnishing refreshment and dances for the young people. After the railroad came in 1866 their customers left and they closed their bars and dance halls and the proprietors moved away. Not a vestige of these hotels remain today. Within the last five years there has been a revival of interest in teh place and Delhi Center is being boomed as a suburban village between Lansing and Mason. Electric railroad and motor buses give hourly communication with the village county seat and capital. A new school building, stores, bank and other buildings have changed its appearance and given it a lively, up-to-date look.
taken from History of Ingham and Eaton counties, Michigan; by Samueal W. Durant. Phila. D.W.Ensign & Co. 1880.
Copyright © Genealogy Trails