Keweenaw County MI

SCHOOLS

In 1872, when the school census showed a population of only ninety-six children of school age, the people of Eagle Harbor, Keweenaw County, erected a school, forming the nucleus of the village's school system. The first school established at Eagle River was also used by various church organizations as a place of worship. In 1878, the Central company erected a $7,500 schoolhouse, it being a three-story structure, 40x70 feet. The Lake Superior Copper company built the school at Phoenix, as is common in most communities which are devoted entirely to the mining industry such as this place.
(A history of the upper peninsula of Michigan ... Author: Fuller, George N. (George Newman), 1873-1957)

Eagle Harbor MI - K-P School - Contributed by Paul Petosky

Eagle Harbor, MI (Rathbone School) (1960s) -Contributed by Paul Petosky


Eagle Harbor, MI (Rathbone School House) (1950s) - Contributed by Paul Petosky