Gilchrist

Garfield Twp.

Mackinac Co MI




Gilchrist, MI postmark dated May 15, 1912

The Gilchrist, MI Post Office (Garfield Township) was established on September 26, 1879 with Walter Burton as its first postmaster.

LIST OF ALL POSTMASTERS THAT SERVED AT THE GILCHRIST, MI POST OFFICE

Walter Burton..............September 26, 1879
William B. Stephens....January 25, 1881
John Gilchrist...............July 12, 1881

Discontinued January 25, 1883 with mail service to Epoufette
Reestablished on June 12, 1888

John V. Clark.................June 12, 1888

Discontinued October 15, 1891
Reestablished November 26, 1906

Bernhart Lowen...............November 26, 1906
Maximilian J. Redlack.....March 13, 1913
Lloyd M. Prentice.............April 2, 1914
George Mahn...................October 1, 1915
Charles E. Howe...............October 2, 1916 to August 31, 1923
Last date of operation; with mail service to Naubinway.

Contributed by Paul Petosky