Contributed by Patti Wulff
From Leeson's History of Macomb County, Michigan, pp.567
A special meeting was called June 16, 1827, when Alfred Ashley was erected [sic] Clerk, vice Thomas Ashley, resigned. Baptiste Rattell was chosen Pound-master, vice William McDonald, resigned; John Cotteral was elected a third Constable, and John Rhodes elected Overseer of Highways, vice James Connor.
The village of Cady, or Cady's Corner, is a small settlement composed chiefly of German farmers and their families, dating from 1834. It is on Clinton River, in the center of a rich agricultural region, about seventeen miles above Detroit, five southwest of Mt. Clemens, the county seat, and near Fraser Station, on the Grand Trunk Railway, to which depot goods should be shipped. It has a German Lutheran Church and common school.
Mt. Clemens was established as incorporated village in 1837. Warsaw, Frankfort, Marcellus, Frederick and other little centers of population wished to be incorporated. The first allowed its village charter to lapse, and did not re-seek incorporation until 1851; the other villages died away in toto. The last building of Frederick is now a total wreck.