New Baltimore Lodge. No. 1963. K. of H., was organized Januarv 1, 1880, with D. M. Heath, G. H Benedict. John Carlson. L. S. Parker. C. A. B. Hultgren, H. Zimmerman. Charles Woodgrift. S. J. Benedict. H. T. Leonard. J. M. Chapman. E- F. Haight. J. W. Tavlor. George B. Parker and H. L. Brown, charter members. Tbe present officers are: C. A. B. Hultgren, D. Flovd L. Milton. V. D., J. M. Chapman, A. D.; Ford L. Milton. William Colloff. F. K.; D. M. Heath. C: H. L. Brown, Haight. Guide; George H. Parker. Gnard; B. L. D. German. Senior: and J. W. Taylor. John Carlson and August CollofT. Trustees.
Chesterfield, a hamlet of fifty inhabitants, is located five miles north of Mt. Clemens. A few settlers located there in 1830 but not until the completion of the Grand Trunk Railroad through the township did the place become a little business center. In fact, until very recently, there was not a business house there. At present, Daniel McLean is the village blacksmith; James C. Patton, grocer: O. H. Patterson, cider-manufacturer: J. E. Tremain. railroad and express agent: and Samuel Weller, dealer in cattle.
Milton Village is legated on the Grand Trunk Hailroad. eight miles northeast of Mt.
Clemens and thirty-three above Detroit. It has three churches Baptist. Congregational
and Methodist and a district school. The postoffice is conducted by A. D. Rice. The
pastors of the churches are Rev. P. A. C. Bradford, Congregational; D. W. Fuller, Advenlist: P. A. Hazen. Methodisl; and Rev, W. Kiug. Baptist. The business circle
comprises E. C. Donison and A. D. Bice. A. Goodsell is the physician; John McKinch
and Ford J. Milton. Justices; William Hortennn, blacksmith.