Menominee Co, MI
Genealogy and History
CITY OF HARRIS
Menominee County, MI
In the township of Harris, the village
of Harris has one store, which is conducted by Michael Harris,
ex-member of the legislature from this district. In addition to
his mercantile business Mr. Harris handles general forest
products, and the output of the Tuttle Shingle Mill at Indian
Town. The forest product business conducted by Mr. Harris is
quite extensive and amounts to about $10,000 in a single season.
Mr. Harris has been a resident of that locality since 1875.
George De Langhary was appointed the first postmaster of Harris
in 1880, but resigned three years later, since which time the
office has been held by Mr. Harris or his son. The postoffice
was first called De Langhary, but the name was changed to Harris
in 1900. Mr. Harris has been supervisor from his township for
many years and is vice president of the Bark River State Bank.
All data on this website is © Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.