City of Stephenson
Menominee County MI
Postcard 1906 from Paul Petosky

Tho village of Stephenson is the largest settlement in the county outside the City of Menominee and is an incorporated village within the township of that name. It has formerly had quite extensive sawmill interests hut the last mill has given way to what is destined to make this a permanently substantial town—her agricultural surroundings. It has a High School and fine churches, its general merchants are W. B. Winthor, David Goldberg, Frank Lienna, Mrs. A. N. Loth and Carl Borgvall. Dr. Edward Sawbridge is proprietor of a drug store and engaged in the general practice of medicine. Charles De Mille & Son have a hardware store and blacksmith shop. The village has a flour mill, a creamery, a good bank and a weekly newspaper. The latter is the Stephenson Journal, of which Messrs. Woessner and Marson are proprietors. The Stephenson Bank was organized in 1902 with a capital stock of #20,000.00 and does a thriving business. Dr. Edward Sawbridge is president and W. B. Withers, vice president. There are also in the village two livery stables kept by Fred Bartells and William Carney.
(A history of the northern peninsula of Michigan and its people;. by Alvah Litterfield Sawyer 1854-1925)



Stephenson, MI (Main Street) (1909) - Contributed by Paul Petosky




Stephenson, MI (1910s) - Contributed by Paul Petosky




Stephenson, MI (1912) - Contributed by Paul Petosky




Stephenson, MI (1915) - Contributed by Paul Petosky




Stephenson, MI (1923) - Contributed by Paul Petosky




Corner of Main and Ogden - Menominee - Contributed by Christine Walters




River Scene in Menominee - Contributed by Christine Walters




Stephenson, MI (Rehm's Resort) (1940s) - Contributed by Paul Petosky




Tivoli Theatre in Stephenson MI



Stephenson MI - Railroad Street 1920's (W.B. Winter) - Contributed by Paul