Menominee County Michigan

Old Hotels and Inns




Stephenson Hotel 1950's - Contributed by Paul Petosky

The STEPHENSON HOTEL was owned by Andy Sandburg in the 1930's. Andy's daughter, Emmeline Peter Rose. Upon Andy's death Peter and Emmeline assumed ownership and management of the property. In that era the hotel was, primarily, a residence for single teachers on the staff of Stephenson High School. After Emmeline's death Peter sold the property to Jim Beaudoin who has since sold the property. Emmeline had two sisters. Gertrude married George Casebeer and the other sister married a Woessner who published the Menoninee County Journal, a weekly published in Stephenson.