Casnovia is believed to be the only place on Earth with that name, now or at any time in the past. The name is a distortion of the settlement's original name, Casanova Town, founded by Jedediah Craw in 1852. Craw was a Mormon with four wives, all teenagers at the time of his arrival in the area. The name Casanova Town was most likely bestowed on Craw's compound by neighbors, as a reference to his polygamous lifestyle. The settlement grew along what is now Ball Creek, and took the name Casnovia in 1861.
(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Pere Marquette Depot, Casnovia, MI (1905) - Contributed by Paul Petosky
Casnovia, MI (Foster & Sherwood Store) (1909) - Contributed by Paul Petosky
Casnovia, MI (Grand Street) (1911) - Contributed by Paul Petosky
Have no idea who this couple was -- just found this on Ebay
[Added by Christine Walters]
© Genealogy Trails