Ontonagon, MI (Lighthouse) (1907) - Contributed by Paul Petosky
Ontonagon MI - Showing Lighthouse 1940's - contributed by Paul
Ontonagon Lighthouse Keepers
Samuel Peck - August 26, 1853 to February 1, 1857
Michael Spellman - 1857 to July 15,1862
Adolphus Schuler - July 15, 1862 to 1864
Thomas Stripe - September 14, 1864 to August 18,1883
James Corgan - 1883 to early 1919
Fred Warner - 1919 to 1939
James Gagnon - 1939 to 1944
Alvah "Carp" Carpenter - 1944, retired 1944
Arnold Huuki - 1945 to January 1, 1964
Discontinued in 1963 - Officially Closed 1964 - On the National Register since 1975
The building was leased to the last light keeper, and served as his family's private residence for a few years.
The Fresnel lens and keepers' logs were given to the Ontonagon County Historical Society.
In 2003, ownership of the structure was transferred to the Ontonagon County Historical Society.
The society undertook a complete restoration of the structure,
and conducts tours for visitors.