History and Photos
History of Blaney Park
Source: Manistique Centennial Book, 1960
The Blaney Park Resort had its beginnings in 1928, with the opening of the "Celibeth" cottage. Previously the Wisconsin Land and Lumber Co. had purchased the area, virtually a whole township, from the William Mueller Co. The McEacheran Lumber Co. was the first to operate in that area.
Mueller township's north half was owned by the William Meuller Co. Blaney started as a logging center in 1902 and continued to operate until 1909, when it was sold to the Wisconsin Land and Lumber Co., which lumbered the territory until 1926, and then converted to a resort. The name was changed to Blaney Park. The Celibeth cabin was the home of William Meuller and is still used, together with the various buildings and golf course to accomodate tourists. A bird sanctuary and hunting preserve are included. Wisconsin Land and Lumber Co. was owned by George Earle, father of Harold and Stewart Earle.
Blaney Park view from the air (1940s) - Photo Contributed by Paul Petosky
Celibeth Tavern (1930s) - Photo Contributed by Paul Petosky
Celibeth House 1940's - Photo Contributed by Paul Petosky
Gas Station at Blaney (1930s) - Photo Contributed by Paul Petosky
Museum - Contributed by Marilyn Fischer
Sleigh "Lucy" - contributed by Marilyn Fischer