Schoolcraft County
Walsh, Michigan
Also known as Eklund
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Oasis in Walsh, Michigan, Aug. 1948 - Photo contributed by Paul Petosky
 
 
    This town was originally established as Eklund with the post office opening on July 19, 1927 and Nels A. Eklund as its first postmaster. Name changed to Walsh on August 16, 1927 with the post office discontinuing operation on June 30, 1933 with mail service to Seney.