Mr. C. B. Simonson's Residence (1910s)
Charles Bradford Simonson was born at North Newberg, in Shiawassee county, September 12, 1862. His education was received in the public schools of Newburg and Bancroft, and at the age of nineteen he entered his father's store, and continued to be associated with the elder Simonson until the latter's death. At that time the mercantile interests were sold. His attention since then has been chiefly directed to farming, and probably no citizen of Shiawassee county conducts farming operations on a more modern and progressive scale than Charles' Simonson. For ten years his activities were extensively employed in the buying and shipping of stock, but for several years now he has devoted his entire time to the cultivation of two hundred and twenty acres of as fine farm land as is to be seen in any part of Michigan. These lands adjoin the town of Bancroft on the south, the main street leading up to and opposite the old homestead built by his father. That old home has been remodeled since first built, and is now considered one of the three finest residences in Shiawassee county. Click HERE for full Biography
E. Sherman Residence (1910)
First House in Owosso (Michigan Ave & Main St., 1824)
It is said that Elias Comstock built the first permanent home in the
settlement of Owosso. According to the "History of Shiawassee and
Clinton counties" (1880), the following is written.
...Upon their arrival, Mr. Findley immediately built a log cabin and settled on the east part of the northwest fractional quarter of section 13. HIs son-in-law, Mr. Bedell, located a short distance north, on section 12, while the Messrs. Overton and Van Wormer, who were in the employ of Mr. Comstock erected and occupied a double log house, which stood near the river (the lot now owned and occupied by Hon. Jerome W. Turner), the latter being the first building erected within the limits of the city proper....
All data on this website is © Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.