OLD HOTELS
St. Clair County MI



Hotel DeBurt & Bank, Capac, MI (1907) - Contributed by Paul Petosky


PORT HURON HOTELS
Harrington Hotel

In the general history the story of tho first hotels at Port Huron is told. The principal hotel of the city is the Huron House - It was built in 1871 - 72 by a local company. The following are the names of the subscribers to the stock of the Hotel Company with the amounts subscribed: N. P., J. H & E. White (lots), $10,000; Howard & Son. $5,000; John Johnston & Co., $5,000; D. B. Harrington, $5,000; John Miller, $3,000; F. L. Wells, 33,000; William Stewart, $3,000; J. P. Sanborn, $1,000; William Wostell, $1,000; Hull & Boyco, $1,000; M. Walker, $1,000; E. Fitzgerald, $1,000; L. N. & R, A. Minnie, $1,000.

The changes which have marked the management of this house since it was first opened would make a chapter of themselves. It was well conducted under Mr. Whitney, now of the Pacific Hotel, but for some time its manngoment was so poor, that the whole State had to listen to the complaints of discontented spirits. In the summer of 1882, the hotel was re-opened, and gives evidence of good management.

The Pacific Hotel is conducted by Mr. Whitney. Its location on the northeast corner of Butler street and Huron avenue renders it a most convenient hostelry. The house is heated by steam, and very well ordored throughout.

The Larned House is one of the old hotels of the city. The Thompson House, on Military street, is another of tho old hostelries. The Albion House, a new hotel at the foot of Butler street, and a number of smaller houses contribute to render tho city complete in its hotel accommodutions.


Port Huron, MI (Harrington Hotel) (1912) - Contributed by Paul Petosky


St. Clair MI -- Oakland Hotel 1911 - Contributed by Paul Petosky>


Oakland Hotel in St. Clair Springs, MI - Contributed by Paul Petosky>

Back