This is one of the oldest villages in the county and is named after Abraham Perrin, who bought
land here in 1829. The Methodist Episcopal Church at this place was organized in 1864, and is
attached to Wayne. They worship in the Union Church building erected in 1845. It will seat 200
and is worth about $1,000.
History of Detroit and Wayne County and Early Michigan By Silas Farmer 1890