LIGHTHOUSES'

Detroit Michigan


Detroit, MI (Palmer Park Lighthouse) (1910s) - Contributed by Paul Petosky


Detroit MI - Lighthouse Palmer Park 1912 - Contributed by Paul



Detroit, MI Windmill Point Lighthouse) (1910) - Contributed by Paul Petosky

The lights on the line of the river are located and described as follows: Windmill Point Lighthouse is at the foot of Lake St. Clair. It is a fixed white light, varied with red flashes, with an interval of one minute and thirty seconds between flashes. It is visible thirteen miles. The tower is fifty-one feet high from base to light, and was built in 1838 and rebuilt in 1875. Both it and the dwelling of the keeper are of brick, whitewashed. The light marks the entrance to the Detroit River, and is in the Eleventh Lighthouse District.
(History of Wayne Co - Silas Farmer 1890)