Clearwater County, Minnesota

Genealogy Trails History Group

Genealogy and History
Volunteers Dedicated to Free Genealogy


Harold R. Bakken
Source: Seattle Daily Times (Seattle, WA) Thursday, July 5, 1956; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman

Funeral services for Harold R. Bakken, 48, of 3704 S. 126th St., will be held at 1:30 o'clock Saturday in the Riverton Heights Lutheran Church. Burial will be in Riverton Crest. He died Tuesday after a brief illness.

Born in Fosston, Minn., Mr. Bakken had lived in Seattle 15 years. He was a maintenance mechanic for the Elliott Bay Lumber Co.

Mr. Bakken was a member of the International Association of Machinists, Local 289; Delta Lodge No. 172, F. & A. M., and was a charter member of the Riverton Heights Church.

Surviving are his wife, Alice; two sons, Harold B. Bakken and Roger A. Bakken, both of Seattle; six sisters, Mrs. Elvira Christiansen, Mrs. Sylvia Mabon and Mrs. Ida Zrebiec, all of Seattle; Mrs. Anna Olson of Shevlin, Minn.; Mrs. Thelma Tofte, of Tofte, Minn., and Mrs. Murial Nyhus, Grand Forks, N. D., and a brother, T. M. Bakken, Fosston.

Helen May Bromaghin
Robert Peter Bromaghin

Source: The Pioneer (Bemidji, MN) August 30, 1921; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman

(Special to Pioneer)
Shevlin, Minn., August 30.-Infantile paralysis caused the death of two children in the family of Mr. and Mrs. P. E. Bromaghin last week. Helen May died Wednesday at 1:30 in the afternoon, and Robert Peter, Friday evening at 10 o'clock. Helen was ill four days, and Robert seven days. Dr. Campbell of Bagley who was the attending physician, and Dr. Halliday of the state board of health, who arrived Wednesday afternoon, made a careful diagnosis and pronounced the disease poliomyelitis. Helen was buried Thursday and little Bobby on Saturday in the local cemetery, Father Paquin of Fosston conducting the services.

Helen May Bromaghin was born December 9, 1912, in Foley, Minn. She attended the third grade work in all the children's school activities, she was a leader, taking a prominent part, especially in pageants, plays and singing.

Robert Peter Bromaghin was born May 7, 1915, in Foley, Minn. The entire community feels the loss of the children, and extends its heartfelt sympathy to the parents and the relatives.

A. B. Cates
Source: Duluth News-Tribune (June 11, 1915) submitted by Dena Whitesell

University Professor Dies At Country Home
Minneapolis, June 10 - Dr. A. B. Cates, associate professor of obstetrics in the University of Minnesota Medical school, and a lecturer on the subject in the school for more than 30 years, died last night at his country place on Clearwater Lake. His health had been failing for the last two years. He was 61 years old.

Margaret Cyr
Source: Star Tribune (Minneapolis, MN) May 15, 1915; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman

FORMER RESIDENT DEAD - Mrs. Margaret Cyr, a resident of the Twin Cities for 35 years up to the time she went to Leonard, Minn., a year ago, died Thursday. Funeral from St. Thomas' church at 9 a. m. today. Burial in St. Mary's cemetery.

Source: Star Tribune (Minneapolis, MN) May 17, 1915; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman
Margaret Cyr (61), Leonard, Minn., (St. Barnabas Hospital).

E. W. Dickenson
Source: The Topeka Daily Capital (KS) October 20, 1905; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman
Mayor Davis yesterday received a letter from Shevlin, Minn., asking for confirmation of the death of E. W. Dickenson. Dickenson was the young physician who a few weeks ago died at the hospital at the city jail from the effects of morphine poisoning. The letter was from the parents of the wife of the young man.

Driver Infant
Source: The Pioneer (Bemidji, MN) Jan. 7, 191; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman

The three-weeks old infant of Mr. and Mrs. James Driver of Leonard, Minn., died at the home of Mrs. R. S. Hurd this morning after a short illness. Mr. and Mrs. Driver brought the child to Bemidji yesterday from their home for medical treatment, but nothing could be done to relieve the child, who died this morning. Arrangements for the funeral have not yet been decided upon.

Nola Ellis
Source: Extracted from Grand Forks Herald (ND) Thursday, January 28, 1993; contributed by Jim Dezotell

NAME: Nola Ellis
BORN: September 7, 1946 in Sisseton, South Dakota to Charles and Bessie Ellis
DIED: January 27, 1993 in Clearbrook, Minnesota

Eleanora Brown Evans
[Source: Farmer's Independant - (Bagley, MN) June 25th, 1931 transcribed by Carmen Steuck]
Mrs. Eleanora Brown Evans Of Leon Is Called by Death
Mrs. Eleanora Brown Evans, a resident of Leon township thirty-three years, passed away June 13th, 1931.

Mrs. Evans was born at Marion this state, August 26, 1862. At the age of twenty she was united in marriage to Byron T. Evans. They made their home at Eagle Bend for several years then took a homestead in Leon township thirty-three years ago which has been the family home ever since. Nine years ago the home was broken by the death of the husband and father but the mother bravely took up the burden and went on. On June 13, 1931 she laid the burden down and entered into eternal rest.

She is survived by nine children, Mrs. Amanda Price, Mrs. Eva McManus and Merle Evans of Minneapolis, Mrs. Mame Awrey of Pomona, Cal., Mrs. Mabel Hazeltine, Charles John and Roy of Monitoba. Other relatives who mourn her loss is her mother, Mrs. Mary Brown of Sedro Woolley, Washington, two brothers, two sisters and twenty-nine grand children.

The passing of Mrs. Evans is a community loss. She was kind and hospitable, a woman of sterling christian character, who brought up her large family in a way creditable to a christian home. It is with sorrow we note her passing but her life and influence still lives on.
Transcribers Note: The obituary above states she is survived by nine children, then names only eight. The one that's missing is Miles Byron Evans.

O. S. Geer
Source: Duluth News Tribune (1 Apr. 1920) transcribed by FoFG MZ

BAGLEY - O. S. Geer, pioneer, died at the home of his daughter, Mrs. O. L. Halseth. He had returned here a week ago from Seattle, where he spent the winter. Geer was born in Bloomfield, Pa., in 1846. He was a civil war veteran.

Catherine A. Geise
Source: Augusta Chronicle (Augusta, GA) Wednesday, June 2, 1948; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman

Shevlin, Minn., June 1. (AP)-A five months old baby was smothered by a dog, Coroner John H. McKee said today. The victim was Catherine A. Geise, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Harold H. Geise, East Grand Forks.

McKee said the Geises told him they were driving with the child asleep in the back seat of their car. The dog got up from the floor of the car and covered the baby with its body, they said. By the time the parents noticed what had happened the child was dead.

Son of Hans Gorden
Source: Grand Forks Daily Herald (Grand Forks, ND) Thursday, July 18, 1918; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman

The young son of Hans Gorden of Shevlin, Minn., was kicked by a horse while out with a party of berry-pickers. He was immediately taken to the Fosston hospital, but died soon after.

Arthur Gorze
Source: The Ward County Independent (Minot, ND) November 9, 1922; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman

Arthur, the 9-months-old son of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Gorze of near Sawyer, died Sunday at the family home. The remains were buried at Leonard, Minn.

George Frederic Hilts
Source: Eau Claire Leader (WI) December 10, 1907; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman

The funeral of George Frederic Hilts, a pioneer of this section, whose death occurred Saturday evening at his home on Second street, will be held at Lake View cemetery.

Deceased was born in Herkimer county, New York, July 16, 1921, and in 1824 he was married to Miss Anna King, who with four children survive him. The children are Mrs. Kate Avery of Shevlin, Minn., George and Byron Hilts of this city and Fred Hilts of Watertown, S. D.

Mr. Hilts came to this section forty-five years ago, where he has since made his home. He resided in the town of Wheaton for some time and later moved to the city, where he made many friends who mourn his demise.

Mrs. Alfred Larson
- - - Source: Evening Times (Grand Forks, ND) September 16, 1911

The funeral of Mrs. Alfred Larson of Leonard, Minn., was held from the residence of Halvor Jeglum, near Kellys this afternoon.

- - - Source: Evening Times (Grand Forks ND) Saturday, September 16, 1911
Mrs. Alfred Larson of Leonard, Minn., died yesterday afternoon at 2 o'clock at Kellys. The funeral services will be held this afternoon at 2 o'clock from the residence of Halvor Jeglum, near Kellys.

J. P. Larson
Source: Duluth News Tribune (Tuesday, 2 June 1908) transcribed by FoFG mz

BAGLEY, Minn., June 1. - Word came to the coroner today that the body of one J. P. Larson was found at the town of Greenwood, where he was drowned a few days ago and the body had been in the water since that time. The indications are that Larson was out on a stream nearby fishing and his boat was capsized and he was drowned. Larson had been recently married and was living on a homestead.

Paul C. Magner
Source: Seattle Daily Times (Seattle, WA) Friday, January 30, 1948; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman

Paul C. Magner, cashier at the Great Northern Railway's Richmond Beach station died yesterday at his home in Richmond Beach after a brief illness. He was 49 years old. Mr. Magner, born in Hutchinson, Minn., had lived in Seattle and the Richmond Beach area 35 years.

Funeral services will be held at 10:30 o'clock tomorrow forenoon in Wiggen & Sons chapel, with burial in Evergreen.

Surviving are his widow, Atha; a daughter, Mrs. Pauline Roe; a step-son, George Lown, all of Richmond Beach; two sisters, Mrs. Miles Gilbert, Olympia, and Mrs. Ruth Dalby, Forks, Clallam County; a brother, Jay Magner, Seattle, and a half brother, Charles McDonald, Shevlin, Minn.

Joe Marchaud
Source: Duluth News-Tribune (Duluth, MN) Sunday, May 19, 1901; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman

Three Bodies Lie in Depths of Lake.

Two Burned Victims at Point of Death.

Searching Parties Drag Lake All Day.

Feared That Even Now Full List of the Victims is Not Known.
-Coroner's Inquest.

BEMIDJI, Minn., May 18.-The Norwegian celebration disaster turns out to have been more fatal than the first reports. The bodies of three of the passengers on the steamer Shadow lie at the bottom of Lake Bemidji, and two of the victims of the explosion are at the point of death as the result of burns received.

It is now apparent that all of those who attempted to escape from the burning steamer by swimming, did not reach shore. Those who are known to be drowned are:

FRED DRIVER, 10 years of age, of Bemidji.

JOE MARCHAUD, 26 years of age, of Shevlin, Minn.

RICHARD ZACHARIAS, 11 years of age, of Bemidji.

Those who are at the point of death from burns received from the explosion of fireworks are:
Fred McCauley, 12 years of age.
Adolph Zacharias, 12 years of age.

In addition to those reported as injured last night are:
G. A. Smith, of Solway, Minn.
Albert Snecta, of Rosby, Minn.

Both are in the hospital here suffering from severe burns, but with prospect of recovery good.

Searching parties have been all day in an effort to recover the bodies of those who were drowned, but so far they have been unsuccessful.

The tragedy has cast a pall over the entire city and all day today crowds of men, women and children have been surging back and forth to the lake shore watching the men dragging for the remains. It is feared that the full list of the dead is not yet known, as there was no way of accounting for all the passengers that were on the boat when the explosion took place.

Just what caused the explosion has not been definitely determined as yet, but a thorough investigation will begin at once.

The coroner will hold an inquest tomorrow over the remains of the bodies found, and there is already much speculation as to the outcome.

Maurice O'Keefe
Source: Morning Oregonian (Portland, OR) Sept. 12, 1907

Maurice O'Keefe, Colfax, Wash.
COLFAX, Wash., Sept. 11. - (Special.) - Maurice O'Keefe, a pioneer stonemason, of Colfax, dropped dead on the street last night of heart failure. He was about 45 years of age and had lived at Colfax for the past 20 years. His former home was in Northfield, Minn., where his mother now lives. He was in school at Northfield the day the Younger and James boys robbed the Northfield Bank and his teacher's husband was killed in the raid. The remains will be held at Colfax until a brother, Thomas O'Keefe of Bagley, Minn., can be communicated with.

Source: East Oregonian (Pendleton, OR) Sept. 13, 1907; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman
Maurice O'Keefe, a stonemason of Colfax, Wash., for the last 20 years, dropped dead on the street of heart trouble. He had been in an intoxicated condition for the last week. He had no family, but leaves a brother, Thomas O'Keefe, a lawyer of Bagley, Minn. His mother lives at their old home in Northfield, Minn. Mr. O'Keefe was a schoolboy when the Younger and James boys raided the Northfield bank, and his teacher's husband was killed by them. He was 45 years of age.

Mary Petterson
Source: The Bemidji Daily Pioneer (Bemidji, MN) July 10, 1922; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman

The remains of Mrs. Mary Petterson were shipped to Bemidji Saturday from her home at Leonard, Minn., and funeral services were held at the Ibertson undertaking parlors at 10:30 Saturday morning interment being made in Greenwood cemetery. Rev. L. P. Warford, pastor of the Presbyterian church officiated.

Abigal Porter
Source: Duluth News-Tribune (May 29, 1909) submitted by Dena Whitesell

First White Woman in Clearwater County Dies
St. Cloud, Minn., May 28 - Mrs. Abigal Porter, one of the oldest settlers in this section of the state and the first white woman to settle in Clearwater county and one of the very first women to settle in the central part of Minnesota, died today. Death was caused by erysipelas. Mrs. Porter was born in Stowe, Vt., on Nov. 19, 1819, and was nearly 90 years of age. She was educated in the local schools and immediately after graduation she was married to Geo. Camp. In 1855 she came to Minnesota and was married to T. C. Porter, and has in that village made her home for 54 consecutive years. Mrs. Porter leaves a daughter, Miss Maude Porter, and a brother, T. P. Robinson of Minneapolis, and a sister, Mrs. M. L. Knowlton of Lake Minnetonka.

Alois Richert
Source: Duluth News Tribune (Tuesday, 2 June 1908) transcribed by FoFG mz

BAGLEY, Minn., June 1. - The coroner was called to Pine Lake township Saturday to view the body of one Alois Richert, a bachelor who had lived on a homestead there for about twelve years, and found that the party had committed suicide by shooting himself. The body was brought to Bagley for internment.

Chauncey M. Shattuck
Source: Duluth News-Tribune (September 19, 1911) submitted by Dena Whitesell

Civil War Veteran Dead
St. Cloud, Minn., Sept 18 - Chauncey M. Shattuck, one of the few remaining veterans and old settlers of Clearwater, died Saturday morning at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Ed. Moody, near Hasty, after a short illness from pneumonia. Deceased was born in Brandon, Franklin county, N.Y., Oct. 11th, 1829.

William Shreck
Source: Duluth News-Tribune (Duluth, MN) Monday, January 23, 1922; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman

SHRECK-William, age 73 ? Died Jan 18, Burial at Shevlin, Jan. 21.

John C. Smith
Source: Duluth News Tribune (19 Aug. 1915) transcribed by FoFG MZ

The body of John C. Smith, who died in St. Mary's hospital Tuesday night, was taken to Bagley, Minn., on the 8:15 Great Northern train, last night for burial.

Melcar Solberg
Source: Duluth News Tribune (MN) Wednesday, 18 Feb. 1920; transcribed by FoFG mz

BAGLEY - Melcar Solberg, 28, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ole Solberg, Bagley, is dead of pneumonia. Miss Inga Solberg, Bemidji, is a sister.

P. H. Stevens
Source: Duluth News-Tribune (Duluth, MN) Friday, November 1, 1901; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman

P. H. Stevens Breaks His Neck While Under Its Stupifying Influence.

Skull Was Crushed and Death Was Almost Instantaneous.

Probable That No Inquest Will Be Held-Victim Has a Family at Leonard, Minn.

P. H. Stevens, a laborer, fell from the stairway landing in the rear of Monson & Anderson's saloon, 602 West Superior street, last night, shortly before 11 o'clock, and was almost instantly killed.

Stevens had been drinking in Bowery saloons during the afternoon, and came into Monson & Anderson's place about three quarters of an hour before his death. A couple of men were with him, and after taking several drinks, Stevens sat down in the rear end of the room. He was under the influence of Bowery liquor. After sitting down for a short time he got up and walked to the rear door, and opening it stepped out on the landing. The guard rail is quite low. Stevens stumbled against it and pitched headforemost into the narrow alleyway dividing the saloon from the Saratoga hotel. The fall is about fifteen feet, and he struck on his head. His skull was fractured and the neck broken.

Sergeant Thompson passed the spot almost as the man fell, and went to his assistance. He found him unconscious, but still alive. The sergeant sent an alarm into the central station, and the patrol wagon was dispatched to the scene of the accident. When it arrived life was extinct. Medical aid, which was also summoned, did not arrive until after the man was dead.

The body was removed to Flood & Horgan's undertaking rooms, where an examination was made of the injuries sustained.

From letters on the body it was learned that the dead man's home was at Leonard, Minn., and that he has a family there, as one of the letters was from his little daughter. He was about 40 years of age, and has been working here for some time, as a common laborer. He roomed at 604 West Michigan street, and a meal ticket on the branch Bethel on Superior street was among the papers found on the body.

It is not likely that an inquest will be held, as the cause and manner of his death are not in doubt.

Source: Duluth News-Tribune (Duluth, MN) Thursday, November 7, 1901; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman

Miss Ella Erickson Takes Remains of P. H. Stevens to Minneapolis.

The body of P. H. Stevens who was killed by a fall from the rear end of a Bowery saloon last week, was shipped to Minneapolis last night, where it will be buried.

Miss Ella Erickson, his half sister, arrived here yesterday, and took charge of the remains. She says that investigation into the action of her brother on the day of his death show that he was not intoxicated when the accident occurred. He worked until 7:30 that evening.

Stevens leaves a wife and five small children in destitute circumstances. They have been living on a homestead near Leonard, Minn.

Franklin E. Swartz
Source: Duluth News Tribune (Tuesday, 2 June 1908) transcribed by FoFG mz

BAGLEY, Minn., June 1. - The body of Franklin E. Swartz, who was drowned at Jennings, La., some time ago, was received here yesterday morning and was buried yesterday. The corpse was in a bad state of decay and was only examined here to identify the remains. Rev. Edmund Larke conducted the funeral services at the residence of B. F. Brown the stepfather of the deceased.

Charles Wade
Source: Duluth News Tribune (Duluth MN) Tuesday, August 21, 1906; Page 2; transcribed by Tam

Murder Suspected in Death of Halfbreed
Circumstances Point Strongly To Foul Play---Victim Said He Was To Be Killed.
EBRO, Minn., Aug. 20 - The mangled remains of Charles Wade, a halfbreed White Earth Indian, were found here lying on the railroad tracks and circumstances point to murder having been committed.

The body of Wade, terribly torn was found at the east end of the Great Northern platform. The clothing had all been removed from the body and there was no blood on the rails near the spot. It is believed that Wade was first killed and robbed and his body placed on the track that the wheels of a passing train might forever conceal the evidence of foul play.

Wade came to an Indian camp from Lengby, in an intoxicated condition. He had but recently sold some land which he owned in Clearwater county and it is believed that he had considerable money with him. He told Jack Porter that he was to be killed at the same place as his brother was a year ago. Nothing more was seen of Wade until his body was picked up Saturday morning.

Wade was 37 years of age and has a family living on the White Earth Indian reservation.

William G. Watson
Source: Omaha World Herald (Omaha, NE) Monday, May 13, 1946; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman

San Francisco (INS)-Two separate incidents involving accidental inhalation of fire bomb gas and effects of drinking stolen wood alcohol Monday left three sailors dead, one blinded and 14 others hospitalized at Camp Shoemaker. William G. Watson, Shevlin, Minn., and Ronald Brown, Kodiak, Alaska, died after one of them apparently set off a fire bomb used to extinguish fires in a Sacramento, Cal., hotel room.

Dead from wood alcohol poisoning was Paul D. Peck, 28, apprentice seaman, of Comanche, Okla., Blinded was a sailor identified only as "Crandall." His wife, Catherine Crandall, of El Monte, Cal., was summoned to Camp Shoemaker.

W. W. Webster
Source: Minneapolis Journal (November 18, 1895) submitted by Dena Whitesell

Major Webster Dead
Clearwater, Minn., Nov. 18 - Maj. W. W. Webster died at hishome this morning, after a brief illness, terminating in an acute attack of kidney trouble.

Mrs. B. J. Whittemore
Source: Duluth News-Tribune (March 16, 1910) submitted by Dena Whitesell

Resident of Minnesota Since 1861 Is Dead
St. Cloud, Minn., March 15 - Mrs. B. J. Whittemore died here last night. She was born Nov. 27, 1819 in Dublin, New Hampshire, where she lived until she married Charles Whittemore, Jan. 29, 1839. Mr. and Mrs. Whittemore came to Clearwater as pioneers, May 12, 1861, and both spent practically all of their 90 odd years there.
Mr. Whittemore, who passed away about ten years ago, lived to be 92 years of age.
The deceased is survived by eight children and 12 grandchildren. The funeral will be held Wednesday morning from the home of her daughter, Mrs. G. T. Campbell in this city. Interment will be in the cemetery at Clearwater.

Eleanor Wildman
Source: Evening Times-Republican (Marshalltown, IA) December 21, 1916; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman

Old and Well-Known Resident of City Dies of La Grippe.

Mrs. Eleanor Wildman, widow of John E. Wildman, and one of the old and well-known women of this city, died at 5:30 this morning at her home, 408 North Second street, of la grippe, following an illness of a little over two weeks. Mrs. Wildman, who had been suffering for two years with pernicious anemia, contracted a severe cold. This developed into influenza, and in her weakened condition the patient was unable to withstand the ravages of the latter illness.

Mrs. Wildman was born Eleanor Kimberly Aug. 6, 1940, in Jefferson county of what was then the territory of Iowa. She was one of fifteen children of Rev. and Mrs. William Kimberly, the former a pioneer Methodist minister of Iowa, who moved in an early day from Jefferson to Jasper county. At the age of 16 Miss Kimberly was united in marriage with Daniel Conner, who enlisted for service in the civil war at its outbreak, and fell a victim of a rebel sharp-shooter's bullet on a southern battlefield. At Newton, on April 5, 1866, Mrs. Connor was united in marriage to John E. Wildman, who only the year before had finished his service as a soldier in an Ohio regiment. Mr. and Mrs. Wildman lived on farms near Newton and Kellogg until 1876, when they came to this city. They celebrated their golden wedding on April 5 of this year, the event creating much interest within the family circle and among the friends of the celebrants in the local Grand Army post and the W. R. C. Mr. Wildman lived only a little over a month after this happy event, dying on May 13.

Mrs. Wildman was member of the Methodist church of this city, and had been active in church work for many years. She was also a member of Central Chapter, No. 67, Order of the Eastern Star, and of Frank M. Thomas W. R. C. No. 9.

Surviving Mrs. Wildman are two children by her first marriage, and five by her second. Addison W. Conner, of Minneapolis, is her oldest son, and Mrs. L. F. Stokes, of Leonard, Minn., the daughter by the first marriage. The other children are William B. Wildman, news editor of the Times-Republican; J. W. Ralph Wildman, cashier of the Times-Republican; Mrs. F. J. G. Pulsipher, of Jacksonville, Fla., who has been here since last summer; Mrs. Rose Reed, of this city; and Mrs. Amos Ball, of Des Moines. One son died in infancy. W. C. Kimberly of this city, a brother of Mrs. Wildman, is the last surviving member of his father's family.

E. P. Willson
Source: Deadwood Pioneer-Times (SD) October 26, 1945; transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman

Funeral Services For E. P. Wilson At Spearfish Today
Funeral services will be held Friday at 2 p.m. at the McColley funeral home in Spearfish for Edward P. Willson, 59, who died Oct. 23 at a Yankton hospital. Rev. L. A. Johnson, Belle Fourche, will conduct the rites and interment will be in the spearfish cemetery.

Willson was born in 1886 in Jamestown, N. Y., and moved with his parents when about nine year old to the Bear Lodge country in Wyoming. He was educated in Wyoming and at the Spearfish Normal school. The family lived in Spearfish for 12 years while operating a ranch at Spearfish. Ill health forced Willson to retire several years ago.

He was married in 1908 to Bessie Agnes Tubbs, of Plattsmouth, Neb.

Survivors are his widow, two sons, Frank and Ted, Rapid City; three daughters, Mrs. Vera Halberg, Shevlin, Minn.; Mrs. Zeta Helmer and Mrs. Creta Braithwaite, St. Onge; a brother H. L. Willson, Pocatello, Ida.; a sister, Mrs. Curtis Clark, Devil's Tower, Wyo.; six grandchildren, and several nieces and nephews.

Clearwater County Home Page

Genealogy Trails

Copyright © Genealogy Trails