Sally Sinclair Barrows
974. Sally Sinclair (6)  (Maj. Samuel, Col. Richard, Samuel, John, John). She was born at Eaton, Madison co., N. Y., Dec. 20, 1795. She resided at Sinclairville, N. Y., after her father located there, till her marriage, Jan. 3. 1813, to William Barrows of Sinclairville. He was born in New Bedford, Mass., Jan. 25, 1798. They lived in Ellery, Chautauqua co., N. Y., subsequently removed to Perry, Lake co., Ohio, and in 1867 removed to Warren, Jo Daviess co., Ill., where Mr. Barrows died March 14, 1869. She was well educated, possessed excellent judgment, and had large executive ability. She looked always upon life's bright side and so escaped many of life's shadows. For many years she was an earnest Christian, "full of faith and good works." The last of her life was spent in Hastings, Minn. She entered into the "City of Peace" Nov. 10, 1887, aged 91 yrs. 10 mos. 21 days.
- 975. William Barrows, Jr., b. Jan. 13, 1814; he m. and res. in Monmouth, Warren co., Ill.; mechanic. He with wife and child d. within the space of nine days. His death occurred July 19, 1832.
- 976. Amos Simmons Barrows (1693), b. Oct. 6, 1815; m. Mary Ann Bailey.
- 977. Sally Barrows (1700), b. Nov. 7, 1818; m. Simeon G. Stevens; res. Warren, Penn.
- 978. Mary Eliza Barrows, b. March 18, 1821; m. Riley Murray. He d. leaving four children. She m. 2d Hubbard Nichols, and res. in Hastings, Minn. Children:
- - 1.Laura Murray
- - 2. Mary Murray
- - 3. Lucy Murray
- - 4. Julia Murray
- Laura Barrows, b. Dec. 21, 1822; m. Oct. 25, 1846, Chauncy Johnson; res. Hastings, Minn. He d. Jan. 21, 1888. Children:
- - 1. Norman C. Johnson; res. Aberdeen, Minn.
- - 2. Albert L. Johnson; res. Hastings, Minn.
- - 3. Lovina Johnson; m. S. N. Greenier; res. Hastings, Minn.
- - 4. Henry Johnson; res. Minneapolis, Minn.
- 980. Elisha Barrows, b. Dec. 10, 1825; d. Dec 27, 1825.
- 981. Harriet Barrows, b. Sept. 10, 1829; d. Sept. 13, 1829.
- 982. Martha Barrows, b. Sept. 10, 1829; m. her relative David Sinclair at Perry, Ohio. They res. at Kingston, Adams co., Neb.
- 983. Orlinda Sinclair Barrows, b. April 3, 1834; m. May 20, 1852, Walter C. Wells; res. Marengo, McHenry co., Ill. Child:
- - 1. Estella J. Wells, b. Madison, Lake co., Ohio, April 23, 1853; m. Dr. Albert Green of Shullsburg, Wis. Children:
- - - I. John Green
- - - II. Walter Green
- - - III. Harry Green
- 984. Julia Ann Pitkins Barrows, b. Nov. 11, 1835; m. Dec. 25, 1853, Joseph Butterfield. He is a farmer, and they reside in a fine locality in Perry, Lake co., Ohio. He was b. Nov. 15, 1822, at Crown Point, Essex co., N. Y., and is a son of Wilder and Patty Baxter (Huestis) Butterfield of Westmoreland, N. H. No children.
985. Samuel Sinclair  (Maj. Samuel, Col. Richard, Samuel, John, John). He was born in Eaton, Madison co., N. Y.
[Source: The History of the Sinclair Family in Europe and America by L. A. Morrison, 1896 transcribed by Mary Kay Krogman]
Dakota County Home Page
Visit our National Site:
© Copyright by GenealogyTrails