City of Eagan
Eagan Town Hall, After Restoration.
photo by mkkrogman 2016.
The Township of Eagan was officially formed on March 6, 1860. It had previously been a part of Mendota Township. The first Chairman of the Board in this predominantly Irish farm community was Patrick Eagan. For more history on the early township residents, see Eagan Township.
In 1893 Eagan built its first town hall near the intersection of Pilot Knob Road and Lone Oak Road. After the building was destroyed by fire, the second Town Hall building, constructed in 1914, was built a mile south of the original location.
The historic little building was one year from the century mark, in 2013, when it was struck by arsonists. The future of the landmark was in question but thanks to the efforts of local history buffs, the structure was beautifully restored. The arsonists were caught and convicted.
Dakota County Home Page
Visit our National Site:
© Copyright by GenealogyTrails