Goodhue County, Minnesota
Goodhue County was formed from territory within Wabasha County on March 5, 1853.
County boundaries were defined in 1854 and further refined again in 1855.
It was named for James Madison Goodhue, the first printer-editor in Minnesota.
Nearly all of Prairie Island Indian Community is within the county.
The county seat is Red Wing
Volunteers Dedicated to Free Genealogy
|Search Goodhue County|
SEARCH OUR OTHER SITES
Cities and Towns
Bellechester (part) - Cannon Falls - Dennison (part) - Goodhue - Kenyon
Lake City (part) - Pine Island (part) - Red Wing - Wanamingo - Zumbrota
Townships Belle Creek - Belvidere - Cannon Falls - Cherry Grove - Featherstone - Florence
Goodhue - Hay Creek - Holden - Kenyon - Leon - Minneola - Pine Island
Roscoe - Stanton - Vasa - Wacouta - Wanamingo - Warsaw - Welch - Zumbrota
||Court and Legal|
||Directories and Gazetteers |
||Public Officials |
||State Training School|
|Wills and Probate
Pierce County, Wis. (northeast)
Pepin County, Wis. (northeast)
Wabasha County (southeast)
Olmsted County (southeast)
Dodge County (southwest)
Rice County (west)
Dakota County (northwest)
VISIT OUR MINNESOTA STATE SITE
where you can find Military Rosters, Patents and Inventions, State History,
Transportation History, Executions, Ghost Counties and other interesting facts.
VISIT OUR NATIONAL GENEALOGY TRAILS SITE
for Native American, African American and Early American ancestry,
along with MUCH more, even recipes!
All data on this website is © Copyright by Genealogy Trails
with full rights reserved for original submitters.