Olmsted County Places - Dover Township
DOVER township, originally named Whitewater in 1858, for its river flowing east into Winona county, was organized in May, 1859, being then renamed for Dover in New Hampshire, whence some of its settlers came. The railway village of this name, platted in the spring of 1869, was at first called Dover Center, from its location at the center of this township.
MINNESOTA GEOGRAPHIC NAMES Their Origin and Historic Significance
Home | Olmsted County Places
©2008 Genealogy Trails