Olmsted County Places - High Forest Township
HIGH FOREST township, organized in 1858, took the name of its village, platted in 1855, on high land partly surrounded by forest trees growing along the North branch of the Root river.
MINNESOTA GEOGRAPHIC NAMES Their Origin and Historic Significance
by Warren Upham, Archaeologist of the Society
Published by the Minnesota Historical Society
Saint Paul, 1920
Home | Olmsted County Places
©2008 Genealogy Trails