|Welcome to |
Organized January 2, 1833, from Ray County and named for Charles Carroll of Carrollton. At the organization of the county the intention was to call it "Wakanda," after the river of that name, and the bill forming the new county had passed its first and second reading by that name, but when it came up for its third reading and final action, the news of the death of Charles Carroll, of Carrollton, the last surviving signer of the Declaration of Independence, had just been received in Jefferson City, and in lieu of Wakanda, it passed without a dissenting vote, and was signed the 3rd day of January, 1833, the county having been laid off in townships in 1816, and sectionalized in 1817.
A county in the northwest central part of the State, bounded on the north by Livingston County; east by Grand River, which separates it from Chariton County; south by the Missouri River, which separates it from Saline and Lafayette Counties, and on the west by Ray and Caldwell Counties; area, 443,000 acres. The surface of the county is generally undulating, nearly two-thirds of it prairie, and about one fourth level bottom land, the remainder ranging from low hills to bluffs, with belts of timber following the courses of the streams. The soil of the bottom lands is an almost black alluvial loam of inexhaustible fertility. The soil of the uplands and prairies is also loam, containing considerable sand, and of great productiveness. Originally about one-fourth of the area of the county was in timber, some of which still remains, consisting of the different varieties of oak, hickory, hackberry, walnut, sycamore, maple, locust and lind, cottonwood, etc. The Grand River, which winds along the eastern border, with its numerous small tributaries, waters and drains the eastern part of the county.
The Wakendaâ€”"God's River"flows from the western border eastwardly, and empties into the Missouri about fifteen miles above the mouth of Grand River. Turkey Creek flows from the northwestern part of the county southwardly into the Wakenda. Other streams are Big Creek, Hurricane, Shootman, Little Wakenda and Modd Creeks. Within an area of about fifty square miles north of the center of the county, are a number of mounds, some of them as much as a hundred feet in height.
At De Witt, on the Missouri River, are evidences of earthworks erected by some prehistoric race. The mounds are laid out regularly, and one large mound on an elevation commands an extensive view of the surrounding country, four different counties coming into view. The chief mineral is coal, which crops out in different parts of the county. Some years ago small quantities of iron and lead ores were found, but never in any quantity to justify attempts to open mines. There is abundance of fire clay and building stone of excellent quality.
Of the land 90 per cent is under cultivation. The yield to the acre, on .in average, is: Corn, 40 bushels; wheat, 18 bushels, and oats, 35 bushels. Potatoes average 150 to 200 bushels to the acre; tobacco, 1,000 pounds; clover seed, 2 bushels; timothy seed, 32 bushels; timothy hay, 2 1/2 tons. The most profitable occupations of the residents of the county are agriculture, stock-raising and fruit-growing. According to the report of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 1898, there were shipped from the county: Cattle, 25,388 head; hogs, 81,322 head; sheep, 2,210 head; horses and mules, 2,089 head; wheat, 160,155 bushels; oats, 11,256 bushels; corn, 58,168 bushels; flour, 1,422,975 pounds; corn meal, 28,000 pounds; shipstuff, 82,000 pounds; clover seed, 41,815 pounds; timothy seed, 27,000 pounds; lumber, 144,100 feet; logs, 12,000 feet; walnut logs, 12,000 feet; cooperage, n cars; brick, 10,250; tile and sewer pipe, 14 cars; stone, 223 cars; wood, 84,035 pounds; tobacco, 65,000 pounds ; potatoes, 7,200 bushels ; poultry, 1,139,234 pounds; eggs, 543,877 dozen; butter, 106,339 pounds; dressed meats, 8,305 pounds; lard, 4,010 pounds; tallow, 14,485 pounds; hides and pelts, 90,336 pounds; peaches, 373 baskets; strawberries, 172 crates; fresh fruit, 315,110 pounds; dried fruits, 1,575 pounds; vegetables, 13,873 pounds; onions, 1,639 bushels. Other articles exported were cordwood, sand, cheese, honey, molasses, cider, canned goods, nursery stock, furs and feathers.
The many mounds and earthworks in different parts of Carroll County bear evidence that in ages long past, the race known as the mound-builders occupied that section. When the French traders visited the country, and as late as 1820, tribes of Sac and Fox Indians occupied the territory immediately west of the Grand River as their hunting ground. They had two or three villages. One, on the banks of the Missouri, was occupied for some years after the first permanent white settlers located in the country. Chief among the first to establish trading camps were Jean Pierre Chouteau and Joseph Robidoux, the founder of St. Joseph. As early as 1800 these venturesome men visited the country. Chouteau, with one Blandeau, had a trading post near the Indian village at the bend of the Missouri, near the present site of Brunswick, and Robidoux had established a post about six miles from the mouth of Grand River. When the Indians began to leave the country and move westward, Robidoux followed and established a post at Black Snake Hills, now the site of St. Joseph. The first cabin in the Carroll County territory was built in the fall of 1817 by a trapper, Martin Palmer, who ventured into the country about a dozen miles from the Grand River, where he remained during the winter. In the spring the Indians demonstrated their displeasure toward him and he returned to the settlement on the Chariton River.
The first permanent settlement within the limits of Carroll County, according to the most trustworthy tradition, was made in 1819 by John Standley and William Turner, who came from North Carolina with their families, and settled on land near the present site of Carrollton. The territory then was a part of Howard County. Soon after the Standley and Turner families were settled in their new homes, the Hardwick, Riffe, Wooley and Carey families and a few others settled in the neighborhood. Some few settlers located on land along the Wakenda, called so by the Indians and meaning "God's River," on account of the abundance of game along its banks and the fish it contained. Owing to the rank growths along its banks and the resultant decaying vegetation, the settlers became affected with malaria, and soon abandoned their location, and sought homes in more healthful localities. During the next few years there was a continuous immigration into the country. Ray County was organized November 16, 1820, and prior to 1833 and subsequent to 1820 the territory now Carroll County was a part of Ray County. The county was divided into two townships called Missouritan and Grand River.
Afterward Missouritan was called Wyaconda or Wakenda. The first representative in the State Legislature from this county, when it was part of Ray, was Martin Palmer, a hunter and trapper, an odd character, of the frontier genus and Davy Crockett species. He called himself the "Ring-tailed Panther," or, as he pronounced it, "Painter," and rejoiced in the cognomen. He was uneducated, unpolished, profane and pugilistic. At the first session of the Legislature he attended he raised a row, got into a rough and tumble fight, and when Governor McNair ran out into the crowd and commanded the peace, Palmer gave him a knock-out blow, landing him some distance away. About 1830 Palmer removed to Texas, took part in her war for independence, and at its close was chosen a member of the council of the republic, on account, it is to be presumed, of his experience in statecraft in Missouri. January 2, 1833, the Legislature passed an act organizing the County of Carroll. John Morse, Felix Redding and Elias Guthrie were appointed a committee to select the county seat.
The first circuit court was held at the residence of Nathaniel Carey, about ten miles east of Carrollton, the Honorable John F. Ryland presiding. Joseph Dickson, then county clerk, was appointed by the judge, clerk of the circuit court. John Curl was sheriff. Only two attorneys, John Wilson and Amos Rees, were entitled and permitted to practice. The various terms of the court continued to be held at Gary's house until the July term of 1834, which was held at the residence of John Standley, as were the two successive terms. The first term held in the courthouse of the county was on June 25, 1835, the courthouse having just been completed. Among the various judges and attorneys who, in the early days, presided at these sittings or practiced in the courts, and who afterward became more or less famous, may be mentioned, Alexander W. Doniphan, Thomas E. Burch, James A. Clark, George W. Dunn, Robert C. Ewing, Robert D. Ray, Austin A. King and Peter H. Burnett, the last named afterward first governor of California. On the 4th of February, 1833, at the house of Nathaniel Carey, the county court was organized; the justices were Thomas Hardwick, William Curl and William Crockett. Joseph Dickson was appointed county clerk, and John Curl was sworn in as sheriff and Rial Bryant as coroner. The court ordered the clerk to issue six blank licenses for ferries, six for venders of merchandise, six for retailers of spirituous liquors and three for peddlers of clocks and other wares. Thus was inaugurated and put in motion the legal machinery of Carroll County.
The present courthouse was built in 1868. It was built as a wing of a contemplated structure much larger and grander than the house now standing, but the plan of the larger structure has never been carried out and the old building still serves its purpose as the temple of justice. The original bill for the organization of the county provided that it be named Wakenda, but before action upon it was taken the death of Charles Carroll, of Carrollton, (who died November 14, 1832), was announced and in his honor the name was changed to Carroll County.
The settlement founded by John Standley was made the seat of justice and the place was called Carrollton, after the home of Charles Carroll, the noted signer of the Declaration of Independence. In 1836 the county seat was described as a ''small place, eight miles from Caton's Landing." At that time it did not contain a courthouse and the only store in the county was at the mouth of the Wakenda. Wetmore, in his "Gazetteer," published in 1837, stated that at the mouth of the Wakenda was "a good place for a pork house." Carrollton was not platted as a town until 1837. It was incorporated in 1847, and reincorporated in 1865.
During the Civil War, Carroll County furnished for the Federal service. Company M, Seventh Cavalry, Missouri State Militia captain, Oscar B. Quenn, who enlisted as a private, was promoted through the various ranks, and was mustered out as captain in the spring of 1865 with Company K, Twenty third Missouri Infantry Volunteers. All the officers and men of the last named company, except the captain, were from Carroll County. There were also a large number of enlisted men from Carroll County who served in other regiments. To the Confederate Army the county furnished Company C of Slack's Fourth Division, Missouri State Guard, H. B. Breuster, captain; the Carrollton Light Infantry, Company B of the First Infantry, Missouri State Guard; Company E of Slack's Division; Company H, Third Regiment, Folk's Corps, and a large list who served in other commands.
Carroll County is divided
into twenty-two townships, named, respectively:
The assessed valuation of real estate and town lots in the county in 1899 was $5,597,9711 estimated full value, $16,793,913; assessed value of personal property, including stocks, bonds, etc., $2,290,442; estimated full value, $5,726,105; assessed value of merchants and manufacturers, $239,650; estimated full value, $479,300; assessed value of railroads and telegraph, $1,335,068.49.
There are 91.44 miles of railroad in the county, the Chicago, Burlington & Kansas City, running from Carrollton in a northeastwardly direction, leaving the county at the northeast corner; the Wabash, entering the county near the junction of the Grand and Missouri Rivers on the eastern border, and passing westwardly through Carrollton and leaving the county a little north of the southwest corner, and the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe entering the county a little north of the southwest corner, passing through Carrollton, and running in a northeastwardly direction, leaving the county a little north of the center of the eastern line. The number of schools in the county in 1898 was one hundred and twenty eight; the number of teachers employed one hundred and sixty-eight; the number of pupils enrolled, 8,400; amount of permanent school fund, both township and county, $98,155.06. The population of the county in 1900 was 26,455.
Carrollton.The judicial seat of Carroll County, a city operating under special charter, situated near the center of the county, on the Wabash, the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe, and the Kansas City branch of the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroads, sixty-six miles from Kansas City, one hundred and twenty-four miles from Jefferson City, and two hundred and eleven miles from St. Louis. The city is located on the Missouri River bluffs, at a considerable elevation, affording an extended view of the river bottoms for many miles. John Standley was the first settler, and made the first improvements on the site of the present city and donated the site for the courthouse. George W. Folger, who located there in 1832, was the first physician in the town, and the first school was conducted by Mrs. Nancy Folger. Joseph Dickson was appointed the first postmaster in 1834. The town was laid out in 1833, incorporated in 1847, And the charter under which it now operates bears date of March 20, 1871. It has been the seat of justice since the organization of the county. It has well graded and shaded streets, and is compactly built. It has two fine school buildings, costing $50,000, and a school for colored children. There are ten churches in the cityâ€”Catholic, Baptist, Christian, German Lutheran, Episcopal, Presbyterian, Methodist Episcopal, Methodist Episcopal South, and two churches supported by the colored residents. The various leading fraternal orders have lodges in the town, the Masons, Odd Fellows and Knights of Pythias having fine halls. There is an opera house, three banks, two flouring mills, a woolen mill, foundry and machine shop, steam laundry, brick and tile works, brick works, a wagon factory, harness factory, two cigar factories, three hotels, two newspapers, the "Republican Record" and the "Democrat," and about one hundred other business places, including stores, lumber and coal yards, and shops. The city has electric lights, waterworks, a well equipped fire department, a telephone system, and all the improvements generally found in a progressive city. The population in 1900 was 3,854.
Compton's Ferry.A ferry crossing on Grand River in Carroll County, which was the scene of a fight on the ninth of August, 1862, between the Union troops under Colonel Guitar, and a body of Confederates under Porter. This body of Confederates had been defeated at Kirksville a few days before, and they were again overtaken in their attempt to cross Grand River. A number had already crossed when the Union troops came up with two pieces of artillery and attacked them in the rear. They were thrown into disorder, some throwing away their guns and plunging into the river, some of the horses became unmanageable and swimming back to the shore with their riders. Some were drowned, others killed and a considerable number captured. Two days later, on the 13th of August, the remnant that escaped was again attacked by Colonel Guitar at Yellow Creek, in Chariton County, and the band completely broken up.
Bosworth.A city of the fourth class, in Carroll County, on the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad, twelve miles northeast of Carrollton. It was laid out and first settled in 1888. It has a public school, Baptist and Methodist Episcopal Churches, a bank, flouring mill, sawmill and handle factory, a newspaper, the "Sentinel," and about thirty other business enterprises, large and small. Population, 1899 (estimated), 600.[Source: Encyclopedia of the History of Missouri Volume 1: Edited by Howard Louis Conard; Publ. 1901; Transcribed by Andrea Stawski Pack.]
Additional County History
"Twentieth Century History of Carroll County, Missouri," by S. K. Turner and S. A. Clark Volume 1, 1911, pages 25-165
Carroll County is bounded on the north by Livingston County, on the east by Grand River, which separates it from Chariton County; on the south by the Missouri River, which separates it from Saline and Lafayette Counties; and on the west by Ray and Caldwell Counties.
On the organization of Carroll County in 1833, its boundaries extended north to the Iowa state line, and out of its territory the counties of Livingston, Grundy, and Mercer have been formed. The organization of Livingston County, in 1837, reduced Carroll County to its present limits.
John Standley and William Turner came from North Carolina in 1819. Standley located just east of Carrollton, building his house, which was afterwards used as a place for holding courts, about where the Hillside Greenhouse now stands.
Among other early settlers were Jesse Tevault, H. Bert, John McGraw, W. Beatty, John Mayberry, John Riffe, John Wollard, Ned Munson, Malicah Lyle, and men by the name of Splawn, Buckaridge and Weldon.
In 1818 Jonas Casner came with his family from Cumberland County, Kentucky. Mr. Casner's family consisted of his wife, four sons, Henry, John, Eben and William, and two daughters, Charlotte and Judy.
Nehemiah Woolsey and his son, Noah Woolsey, made their way up the south side of the Missouri River, as early as 1823.
Abraham Hill, with his five sons, crossed the Missouri from the south side of the river on the 17th day of May, 1819. Mr. Hill and a young man by the name of Samuel Todd, Mrs. Hill's brother, who had accompanied the Hills to Missouri, from the state of Tennessee, were the first settlers of Cherry Valley Township.
The earlier permanent settlers of DeWitt Township were the Eppler's, Eli Guthrie, Mr. Smith and a family names Jones. In 1831 Berry W. Jones, from Alabama, located. About the same time, or probably the year previous to the arrival of Berry Jones, came George McKinney, from Alabama. The Maris family came in 1830. James Hensley, Paschal and Joseph Early, from Kentucky, came here about 1833.
John Jones located in 1821 where the town of DeWitt now stands. Thomas McMahan, of Saline County, and Evelyn Eppler were married at the home of Joseph Eppler in 1829, this being the first marriage in the town. Miles Eppler, son of Joseph and Alsea Eppler, born in 1830, is supposed to have been the first child born in the township.
The first settlers of Rockford Township were William Jenkins, John B. Winfrey, Nathanial and William Banks, Elisha Hudson, John Warnock, and Reuben Winfrey.
Early settlers of Eugene Township were Nathaniel Cary, David Lynch, Sachel Woods, Jerry and John Croley and Red Munkers, as early as 1818. John Riffe came in 1820.
Stephen Parker was the first permanent settler in Combs Township and settled in 1824. William Hill located in 1835. Robert Gentry came in 1833 and Reuben Staton, Peter Ball, William Sinnard, Hardin Simpson, Peter Boley and James Walden in 1835 and 1836. In section 19 lands were taken up by William Staton in 1839, C. G. Herrell and Rudolph Thomas in 1836, Stephen Hancock in 1837, George Adkins in 1838, and David Russell in 1839.
Daniel Hill was supposed to have been the first settler in Ridge Township. Charles Mitchell came from Boone County in 1849. Asa McLain, formerly of Tennessee, located in 1848. James R. Boley located on section 5. His wife, Mrs. Elizabeth Boley, was the daughter of David Lynch, who came to the county in 1818 with Nathaniel Cary.
Probably the first settler of Hurricane Township was Col. William W. Compton, who came from Tazewell County, Virginia and located in 1835. Jacob Taylor in 1840; Josiah Gray came from Indiana; Reuben Burrow came from Tennessee in 1841; Robert C. Harding located in 1843; Daniel Sharp and Flanders Callaway, in 1845; William P. Dulaney came from Howard County in 1836; Daniel Taylor in 1846; Nicholas Hubbard, in 1846, and Samuel B. Harding.
The first settlement of Carrollton Township was made November 13, 1819, by John Standley and his sons, James, Elihu, Larkin, Hugh, William, Joel and Uriah.
In 1820 William Turner, with his three sons, Samuel, Manly, and Benjamin, and his daughter, Emily, came from Tennessee, locating in the northern part of the present town of Carrollton. Dr. George W. Folger, came in 1832; Reuben Harper, David Thomas, and Joseph Dickson, came in 1833; Edward Warren in 1834; Levi and Samuel H. Wesley Gentry, John Glaze and Ebenezer Caster came in 1839; and John Tull in 1842. The first marriage took place in 1824 between John Trotter and Marion Standley. The first birth was to John and Lucy Standley, a son named Thomas, in 1823, and the first death was that of William Standley, on August 8, 1824.
Carrollton, the county seat of Carroll County, was named in honor of the town which furnished the renowned signer of the Declaration of Independence who furnished the name for the county. May 1, 1883, George W. Brasher and wife, George W. Smith and wife, and J. W. Williamson and wife, being the heirs of Nancy Smith, platted Smith's addition, lying southwest of the original town plat.
Early settlers of Van Horn Township were John Phillips, 1834; his brother, James, 1836; George Mance, 1837; James Sandusky, 1837; Blackburn J. Godsey, 1840; Burley Godsey, 1844; Abbott Hancock, 1842; William Stearne, 1848; Asa McClain came from Cooper County, Kentucky, in 1848. Thomas Thurman's marriage to a daughter of John Phillips in 1850 is said to have been the first marriage in the township. John H. Godsey, a son of William and Elizabeth Godsey, born in 1846, is said to have been the first child born in the township, and the following year Nancy O. Godsey, daughter of Abner and Sarah L. Godsey was born.
Among the early settlers of Stokes Mound Township in about 1832 were Elijah and William Compton, Solon and Axley Lewis, and James Bunch, of Tennessee. Charles Wilcox, of Virginia; Eben O'Dell, Doctor Wolfscale and Doctor Burnside, of Kentucky.
The first settler of Sugar Tree Township were Nehemiah and Noah Woolsey, about 1823; Abraham and Alexander Hill, James Lawson, John Hall and Samuel H. Williams located about the same time; Bartley Pitts in 1835; William Huddart in 1836; Jonathan Traughber in 1837; Wyatt Arnold, D. J. Thompson and Martin Preble in 1838.
Among the first settlers of Moss Creek Township were Stephen Woolsey, from Tennessee; John A. Austin and Col. W. W. Austin of Virginia; R. B. Hudson, 1849; Edward W. Turner, in 1842; and the marriage of Howell E. Heston and Esther Austin, is supposed to have been the first marriage. The second marriage was June 4, 1844, at the same place, when William C. Price led to the altar Sarah M. Austin, and about the same time Rev. Yantis untied Holman Sneed and Susan C. Austin in marriage. Betty, the daughter of Dr. Ed and Susan Arnold, born in 1842, was probably the first person born in the township. In 1845, to the same couple, was born a son, John. Dr. Austin died in 1843 and was buried in Austin graveyard. Doctor Austin was the first regular physician in this township, having located in 1836 with his brother from Bedford County, Virginia.
Early settlers from Trotter Township were in 1829, among whom were John and William Trotter, Judge Thomas Minnis, James Standley and a German by the name of Huffstutter. William Beaty, in 1830; John and William Trotter, in 1834; and the first school was taught by James Goodson.
James Morris came to Leslie Township in 1832 and was soon joined by James Runyon, his son-in-law, from Clay County, Ky.; Obadiah Cook, in 1835; Caleo Shirley, in 1834; John W. Street, from Ohio, in 1837. The first marriage recorded was that of Sarah, daughter of James Morris, to Frank Byron, by Samuel Snowden, a justice of the peace of Ray County, at the home of the bride's father. The house of James Morris was also the scene of the first death in the township, when, in 1842, his brother William died.
Richard, George W., and Nathan Hill were the first settlers in Hill Township, having come from Tennessee in 1836.
The first settler of Fairfield Township was probably Henry Brewer in 1839 from Ray County.
The first settler of Washington Township was James Runion; Payton Lane in 1845; Thomas McKinney and George Carson in 1846.
First Recorded Land Entries
From the Entry Book in the office of the Recorder of Deeds, for the county, we get the following:
Tract – Name – Date
S. W. & N. W., Frac'l. 4-53-20 – Benj. Cross – Nov. 21, 1833
N. W. & S. W. 11-52-21 – Henry Ferrill – Aug. 22, 1832
S. E. Frac'l. 24-53-21 – John Eppler – Oct. 12, 1831
N. W. & S. W. 32-54-21 – William Asby – Nov. 15, 1836
N. W., S. E. & W. ½ N. E. 6-51-22 – John H. Courts – Oct. 30, 1835
W. ½ & N. E. 10-52-22 – Thomas Phillips – Jan. 12, 1829
S. W. & S. E. 15-53-22 – John Boils – May 8, 1834
W. ½ N. W. 30-54-22 – Jonah B. Bassett – July 25, 1836
E. ½ N. W. 5-55-22 – Elisha McGuire – May 14, 1838
E. ½ N. E. 7-51-23 – Giles Parman – Jan. 8, 1835
N. E. 13-52-23 – Nathaniel Cary – July 26, 1827
S. E. – N. W. 31-55-23 – John Standley – Sept. 6, 1830
W. ½ S. E. 30-53-23 – John Phillips – March 14, 1837
S. E. – N. W. 31-55-23 – Allen Casky – June 1, 1837
S. E. – S. W. 34-52-24 – S. H. Williams – Dec. 28, 1835
W. ½ S. E. – 4-51-24 – William Monro – March 15, 1825
W. ½ S. E. – 36-53-24 – James Standley – June 23, 1829
E. ½ N. E. – 1-54-24 – Uriah Standley – May 18, 1836
S. E. – N. W. 35-55-24 – Robert Caskey – Nov. 26, 1836
E ½ S. W. 1-51-25 – Alexander Hill – Jan. 20, 1825
N. W. – S. E. 1-52-25 – John Carsner – Dec. 19, 1833
N. E. N. E. 19-53-25 – Newton McCuistion – Feb. 19, 1836
S. E. N. E. 34-54-25 – Mathew Schaul – July 21, 1838
W. ½ S. E. 18-55-25 – Shadrack G. Moore – March 19, 1841
Page 331 – The first county officers were as follows: Sheriff, John Curl; Clerk, Joseph Dickson; County Judges, Thomas Hardwick, William Curl, William Crockett; Collector, John Curl; Assessor, James Trotter and, upon his resignation, Claibourn Palmer; Surveyor, John Eppler, Jr.; Coroner, Rial Bryant.
The first County Court of Carroll County convened at the house of Nathaniel Cary, on the 4th of February 1833. The judges of the court were:
February 1833 – Thomas Hardwick, William Curl, William Crockett
Dec. 1833 – Thomas Hardwick, William Crockett, Reuben Harper
Oct. 1834 – William Crockett, George W. Fowler, George McKinney
June 1835 – William Crockett, George McKinney, William Barbee
Nov. 1836 – William Crockett, Thomas Arnold, John Standley
Nov. 1838 – Thomas Arnold, John Standley, Edmund J. Rea
Nov. 1840 – Thomas Arnold, Edmund J. Rea, Joseph Winfrey
Sept. 1846 – Thomas Arnold, Joseph Winfrey, Thomas Minnis
Sept. 1848 – Thomas Arnold, Thomas Minnis, Thomas Hardwick
June 1850 – Thomas Arnold, Thomas Minnis, Joseph Winfrey
Sept. 1852 – Thomas Minnis, Benjamin Ely, James Trotter
Oct. 1854 – Thomas Hardwick, James Trotter, Benjamin Ely
Oct. 1856 – Thomas G. Dobbins, James Trotter, Thomas Minnis
Copyright Â© Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.