Genealogytrails Harrison County, Missouri
There are three churches in Mount Moriah, viz: Baptist, Methodist and Christian. The Baptist society was organized in the year 1862, and meetings were first held in a vacant store room. The present house of worship was erected about the year 1887. It is a substantial frame structure, and represents a capital of $1600.00. among the pastors of the church have been elders John Woodward and J.H. Burrows. Present pastor is Rev. V.M. Harper. The society has enjoyed a reasonable degree of prosperity, and at the present time numbers 113 communicants.
The Methodist class was established a little later than the Baptist, and is now one of the most flourishing congregations in the eastern part of the county. The house in which the congregation meets for worship was built in 1877, at a cost of $1,500 or $1,600. Present pastor, Rev. C.A. Watson.