Genealogytrails Harrison County, Missouri
the Village of Andover



Andover, a small village in the northeast corner of Colfax Township, about one mile from the Iowa State line, was originally laid out by Henry Harrison, county surveyor, for Henry Doebbling and James Officer.  The survey was made in June, 1871.  The place was resurveyed in June, 1880, for C.E. Perkins, agent of the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad, and named New Andover.  It has never been noted as a village of any importance, being merely a station and shipping point on the railroad.  There are at this time one general store kept by Frisby & Pullard, and a hardware store by D.L. Frazier..  John Turk deals in agriculture implements, and Miram Haskins operates a blacksmith shop.  Population is about sixty.
[Source: History of Harrison and Mercer Counties, Goodspeeds, 1888]





Back to Index

Copyright © Genealogy Trails All Rights Reserved with Full Rights Reserved for Original Contributor