|Gardner: The Plat of Gardner was surveyed in
June, 1880, for C.E. Perkins, and is situated on a part of the southeast
quarter of Section 30, Township 64, Range 27. It consists of five
blocks, eighty nine lots and six streets, but has an existence only on
paper, no improvements except a depot having been erected in the
place. The station is about six miles northeast of Bethany, in the
western part of Grant Township.|
Akron: was laid out on the northeast quarter of the southeast quarter of Section 15, Clay Township, May 31, 1858, by John Fisher. At one time there was a store and a blacksmith shop, but at present the place is known only as a post office.
Jacksonville: a prosperous town in Section 36, Sherman Township, was surveyed in November, 1885, for E.J. Bondurant, proprietor. The plat consisted of sixty lots and a public square, but few of which were ever sold, and none improved.
Mitchellville: about five miles southwest of Bethany, on the line between Bethany and Cypress Township, was laid out in 1858, but never became a place of any importance. A postoffice was established a number of years ago, and at one time there was a small store and blacksmith shop.
Bolton: is a small trading point and postoffice in Section 28, Foxcreek Township.
Pleasant Ridge and Bridgeport: are small hamlets in Cyrpress Township.
Source: The History of Harrison and Mercer Counties, Missouri, Goodspeed Publ. 1880