Welcome to
Henry County
Missouri


History Index

The Beginning Of The County
The First County Court-Stores Established-County  Seat Located-Economic Conditions.

The Official Organization
Johnson And Rives Counties Organized-The First Officers-The First Sheriff-Acts Of The County Court.

The County Seat Located
Clinton Surveyed-New  Court  House   Ordered - Census   Taken - First Lots Sold.

The Origin Of Names In Henry County
Rives-Changed To Henry - Clinton - Blairstown - Calhoun - Deepwater - Lewis Station - Montrose - Urich - Windsor.

Before 1840
Early Settlers In Clinton Township-The First Preachers-Windsor Township-Muddy Mills-Early Schools-Deepwater Township Organized-
"The North Carolina Colony"-The Lord's Church-Calhoun Located-The Northwest Settlers-The Southwest Settled -The Osage Country.

From 1840 To 1850

The Growth Of The County-St. Clair-Other Counties-Township Of Cedar-The First Dramshops-The Assessed Valuation-The First Bridge

From 1840 To 1860s

Settlements In Deepwater Township-Near Calhoun-Early Church Organizations-New Townships-Incorporation Of Clinton Windor Settled-
Germantown-Montrose-Osage Township-Leesville -Coalesburg.

Henry County Firsts

Post Offices
Postmasters

Towns
Clinton



Return to

Henry County

Missouri

Genealogy Trails

Copyright © Genealogy Trails
All data on this website is Copyright by Genealogy Trails with full rights reserved for original submitters.