Halifax County, North Carolina

 

County History

 
 
The county was formed in 1758 from Edgecombe County. It was named for George Montague-Dunk, 2nd Earl of Halifax, President of the Board of Trade from 1748 to 1761. The County seat is at Halifax,

In 1774 the southeastern part of Halifax County was combined with part of Tyrrell County to form Martin County. The county is divided into twelve townships: Brinkleyville, Butterwood, Conoconnara, Enfield, Faucett, Halifax, Littleton, Palmyra, Roanoke Rapids, Roseneath, Scotland Neck, and Weldon.

Cities & Towns
* Aurelian Springs * Brinkleyville * Enfield * Halifax * Heathsville * Hobgood * Littleton * Roanoke Rapids * Scotland Neck * South Rosemary * South Weldon * Weldon

 


Return to Halifax County

Return to North Carolina


Return to Genealogy Trails

Copyright © 2010 by Genealogy Trails - All Rights Reserved - With full rights reserved for original submitters


TRIPLES with EMMA