GENEALOGY TRAILS: WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
Welcome! My name is Donna Sims Conner and I am pleased to be your host for Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. Our goal, at Genealogy Trails, is to help you track your ancestors through time by transcribing genealogical and historical data and placing it online for the free use of all researchers. Genealogy Trails is completely independent and not affiliated with any commercial enterprise. You won't find any banner ads or pop-ups here. All of our hosts are volunteers who regularly make updates to their respective sites. Unfortunately, transcribing data keeps us so busy that we are unable to do personal research for anyone. We thank you for visiting and hope you'll come back again to view the updates we make to the site. Happy trails to you on your quest for your ancestors!
VOLUNTEER: HOW YOU CAN HELP
If you have a love for history, a desire to transcribe data, and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage, please consider becoming a state or county host! Get the details on our Volunteer page.
If hosting isn't for you, there are other ways to help. Check your attics and dust off your family scrapbooks. We're looking for data for this site. If you would like to submit data for Mecklenburg County, please email me with your information. You may also submit an obituary to us for any of our county sites. We appreciate your contributions!
GEOGRAPHY: LOCATION & LANDSCAPE
Mecklenburg is the most populated county in North Carolina. The county seat and largest city is Charlotte. Other towns and communities include: Caldwell, Cornelius, Davidson, Hopewell, Huntersville, Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Stallings and Weddington. Mecklenburg is bordered by Cabarrus County; Catawba County; Gaston County; Iredell County; Lancaster County, SC; Lincoln County; Union County; and York County, SC.
CONNECT: STAY IN TOUCH
- Mailing List: Join our Southeastern States Mailing List to get email notices when our county sites are updated. This list serves the Southeastern states of North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.
- E-Mail: Send me your comments and contributions! My email address is: email@example.com
- Facebook: Get the latest news by visiting the Genealogy Trails Facebook page!
UPDATES: JULY 9, 2016
- Biographical Sketches: Armistead Burwell, Dr. D. T. Caldwell, Joseph Pearson Caldwell, John Price Carr, John Randolph Erwin, Cornelia Berry Fore, Mary Brevard Alexander Howell, Rev. Humphrey Hunter, William J. Hutchison, William Maxwell, Edward Chauncey Register, James Monroe Sims, Burton-Hoyle Smith, N. Wilson Wallace, Albert Miller Whisnant, J. Frank Wilkes
- Church Histories: St. Peter's Episcopal Church - 1834-1845 Communicant Membership, Tryon Street Baptist Church - 1855-1903 Ministers
- Citizenship Records: 1927 Alien Registrations - partial list
- Government Officials: 1838-1898 Sheriffs, 1763-1898 Register of Deeds
- Newspaper Articles: Obituaries & Death Notices - Mrs. Maggie M. Ardrey, Mrs. Elizabeth S. Arms, Capt. Thomas Black, Mrs. Isabella Blythe, Patrick Boyd, Hannah Eliza Brown, Peter M. Brown, Mrs. Elizabeth Caldwell, Maj. John H. Caldwell, Julius Carlisle, Mrs. Abigal Christenbury, Mrs. Mary A. Doby, John Duck, Mary Elliott, James A. Ervin, Walter Gordon Gaither, Mrs. Margaret Griffith, John Williams Hawkins, James Hennegan, William Rufus Huneycutt, Hugh Franklin Icehower, Capt. Samuel L. Kerr, Mrs. Mattie J. McCord, Milton Osborne, Robert W. Parks, I. J. Price, Mrs. Harriet R. Sloan, Samuel Taylor, Nicholas Tredinick, Thomas Williams, Morris Wilson, Steven Wilson, Mrs. Margaret Wynens
- School Histories: Charlotte High School - 1915 Faculty & Senior Class