GENEALOGY TRAILS: WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
Welcome! My name is Donna Sims Conner and I am pleased to be your host for Rowan County, North Carolina. Our goal, at Genealogy Trails, is to help you track your ancestors through time by transcribing genealogical and historical data and placing it online for the free use of all researchers. All of our hosts are volunteers who regularly make updates to their respective sites. Genealogy Trails is completely independent and not affiliated with any commercial enterprise. You won't find any banner ads or pop-ups here. Unfortunately, transcribing data keeps us so busy that we are unable to do personal research for anyone. We thank you for visiting and hope you'll come back again to view the updates we make to the site. Happy trails to you on your quest for your ancestors!
VOLUNTEER: HOW YOU CAN HELP
If you have a love for history, a desire to transcribe data, and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage, please consider becoming a state or county host! Get the details on our Volunteer page.
If hosting isn't for you, there are other ways to help. Check your attics and dust off your family scrapbooks. We're looking for data for this site. If you would like to submit data for Rowan County, please email me with your information. You may also submit an obituary to us for any of our county sites. We appreciate your contributions!
CONNECT: STAY IN TOUCH
Mailing List: Join our Southeastern States Mailing List to get email notices when our county sites are updated. This list serves the Southeastern states of North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.
E-Mail: Send me your comments and contributions! My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: Get the latest news by visiting the Genealogy Trails Facebook page!
UPDATES: MAY 11, 2016
- African American History: Biographical Sketches - Cicero Richardson Harris
- African American History: Newspaper Articles - Miscellaneous - Tom Dooly
- Biographical Sketches: B. S. Brown, William C. Coughenour, William White McKenzie, Samuel Rothrock, Hilbert Calvin Trexler
- Newspaper Articles: Marriage Announcements - Ada J. Menius & Archie L. Overcash, Aggie Oddie & Lewis I. Cauble, Delila F. Poplin & Ralph P. Burroughs, Lillie Warner & Fred Coggins
- Newspaper Articles: Obituaries & Death Notices - Reese L. Karriher, Nancy Peeler, Capt. John A. Ramsay, Elizabeth Stirewalt, Nancy Verble, George K. Vogler, Jesse W. Walton, Jane Wilhelm, Mary M. Yost