was established in May, 1892 on the claim
of Rebecca Rush who settled
station was named after Halsey E. Yates.
is the eastern most village and part of
the village was located in Blaine County.
community is located on the railroad and
is the community closest to the
railroad station was discontinued in 1957.
The peak population in Halsey
in 1950 with 160 residents.
Nebraska National Forest near Halsey is
the only man-made national forest in
United States. About 20,000 acres of grassland
have been planted with pine
cedar trees since the early 1900s.