HULL FAMILY of Sullivan County, NH
Transcribed by Janice Farnsworth
Source: History of Charlestown, NH - Fort 4 by Rev. Henry H. Saunderson pub 1876,
Elias Hull ancestor of the families of the name at Charlestown, NH was born in Stonington, CT and died at Lempster, NH aged 86. He was captain of a company in the war of the Revolution in service in Rhode Island.
He married (l) Mary Campbell by whom he had five children: Horace, Harriet, Homer, Hendrick and Hiram Hull.
Horace the eldest child m. in Feb. 1806 Taphena, dau of Dr. Abraham and Lois (Abels) Downer of Weathersfield, VT and settled in Charlestown. Taphena (Downer) Hull d. Apr 9, 18l9 aged 39. Horace Hull d. Mar l, 1865 age 84. The children of Horace Hull and wife Taphena (Downer)
l. Miranda Hull b. July 7, 1809 - died.
2. Lois Hull b. Feb l0, 18ll m. Nov 8, 1832 William H. Amsden son of Jacob and Lydia (Miller) Amsden. He b. at Boston, MA July l6, 1803. He d. at Cato, WI Oct 23, 1870. She d. Mar 1875 at Charlestown, NH.
3. Abraham D. Hull b. at Charlestown, NH Oct l0, 18l3 m. Oct l6, 1848 Elithea D. Dwinnell b. Mar 18, 1822 (two children before she d. June l6, 1852)
l. Henry Francis Hull b. Apr l9, 1850 d. the
2. William Henry Hull b. Apr 9, 1852 d. 1863.
Abraham Hull m. (2) on Aug l5, 1853 Millia Augusta Baldwin b. July 4, 1830 (see profile on Baldwin) and had the following children:
3. Harry Baldwin Hull b. July 2, 1854 d. same yr.
4. Emma Elithea Hull b. Jan l5, 1856
5. Albert Earnest Hull b. July 24, 1858.
6. Arthur Egerton Hull b. July l2, 186l.
7. Galen Downer Hull b. Nov l6, 1865.
Abraham D. Hull Esq. had been much and honorably engaged in public business. He held the office of Deputy Sher-iff upwards of thirteen years.
4. Horace Hull son of Horace Hull Sr. b. Nov 4, 18l6 m. July 17, 1838 Abigail K. Tuttle dau of John and Abigail (Stowell) Tuttle. She b. at Alstead Sep. 22 182l. Their children:
l. Sophia Lois Hull b. at Windsor, VT Dec 2l, 1839 m. July 3, 1855 Stephen Alden Spooner son of John A. and Prudence (Jenner) Spooner. He b. at Maria, NH May 30, 1835 (see Spooner)
2. Charles Tuttle Hull b. Dec 23, 184l m. Sep 9, 1866 Rhoda Augusta Howard dau of William Augusta and Emeline (Mason) Howard. She b. May l6, 1849 Their children:
l. Luther Aldrich Hull b. 1869 d. 1869
2. Arnold Kenneth Hull b. 187l
3. Josephine L. Hull b. 1873.
Captain Elias Hull after the death of his wife, Mary (Campbell) Hull, m. (2) Cynthia Carpenter abt the year 1795 at Charlestown, NH. They removed to Hoosick, NH and also, Bennington, VT. Their children were:
l. Ephraim C. Hull b. at Bennington, Vt. June l, 1800 m. Dec 28, 1823 Loisa Graves b. Apr l5, 1804. Their children:
l. Nathaniel Brush Hull b. Oct 2, 1824 m. Dec. 9, 1844 Mrs. Sarah P. McIntyre b. July 1825
2. Cynthia Hull b. Mar l5, 1826 d. 1839.
3. Henry Hull b.Sep 6, 1828 d. 1852.
4. Anne Hull b. July 9, 1830 d. 1839.
5. William Hull b. Apr ll, 1832 m. Feb l4, 1854, Emily Bliss (five children, res: Susquehanna Depot, PA.
Ephraim C. Hull m. (2) Oct 9, 1834 Lucy Graves Locke dau of Frederick and Lucy (Graves) Locke, b. at Acworth May 2d 18ll. By this 2d marriage Ephraim had
6. Louisa Hull b. Oct 29, 1835 d. 1839.
Ephraim C. Hull was a farmer at Charlestown, NH
2. Nathaniel Brush Hull b. Sep l, 1802 son of Captain Elias Hull and his 2d wife, Cynthia Carpenter, arrived at Charlestown Nov 1804 and removed to Acworth in 1823.
Source: Farnsworth Memorial
p.241 - Benjamin Farnsworth/Mary Prescott Line - Groton, MA l600s
Mary Celia Farnsworth b. 1859 dau of Job Farnsworth and his wife, Lucy (Woodworth) Farnsworth. Mary C. Farnsworth grandaughter of John Chute Farnsworth and his lst wife, Cecelia (Park) Farnsworth of Centreville, Nova Scotia. Mary Celia Farnsworth m. Charles D. Hull of Lynn, MA.
Jonathan Farnsworth/Ruth Shattuck Line - Groton, MA l600s Doris Jean Farnsworth b. Jan 3, l935 dau of Joseph E. Farnsworth and wife, Dorothy (Reid) Farnsworth of San Gabriel, CA. Doris Jean Farnsworth born at Maywood, CA m. Sep 25, l959 at Garden Grove, CA William Edward Hull b. June 2, l938 son of Roy E. and Lucile Hull. Their children:
l. Deanna Jean Hull b. Aug 3, l960 at Garden Grove
2. Roy E. Hull b. June 17, l962 at Witchita, KA.
p.762 - Other Lines Section of the Farnsworth Memorial Line of Thomas Farnsworth of Bordentown, NJ Ruth Farnsworth dau of Henry Farnsworth and _____wife, he b. ca 1691/2 at Mansfield, NH. Ruth Farnsworth married John Hull (record ends)
BACK -- HOME
© Genealogy Trails