KIMBALL FAMILY of Sullivan County, NH
Transcribed and contributed to Genealogy Trails by Janice Farnsworth - Farns10th@aol.com
Source: History of Charlestown, NH - Fort 4 by Rev. Henry H. Saunderson pub 1876,
William and Jenny Kimball had issue:
1. Mary Kimball b. at Lunenburg, MA Jan 6, 176l.
2. Eliphalet Kimball b. at Ashburnham, MA Dec. 9, 1762.
3. Ansel Kimball b. Sep. 6, 1765.
4. William Kimball b. Jan 17, 1767 at Springfield, NY. (Vt).
5. Edmund Kimball b. Sep. 7, 177l at Springfield.
Richard and Betsy Kimball had issue:
l. Henry Kimball b. Dec. l3, 18l3.
2. Eliza Kimball b. Apr 2, 18l6.
3. Nathan Kimball b. Apr 5, 1818.
p.460 George Kimball father of Brooks Kimball Esq. was b. in Temple NH July 6, 1775 m. May 5, 1799 Catherine Shattuck dau of Nathaniel Shattuck. She b. Mar ll, 178l. They settled lst at Temple but removed abt 1806 or 1807 to Mason village where he d. June l6, 18l3. He was a blacksmith by trade and had eight children all sons all of whom learned and followed at least for a time the trade of their father.
p.460 - 46l
Brooks Kimball the 2d son b. Jan l4, 1802 m. Aug l4, 1827 Priscilla Vinal Bisbee b. Nov 23, 1809 at Springfield, Vt. She was a desc. of John Rogers the Martyr (see Fox' Book of Martyrs during Queen Mary (ENG) reign), by the following line: Mary Rogers dauof the Martyr John Rogers, became Mrs. Mary Goddard. Mary Goddard dau of Mary, married John Vinal Jr. Jacob Vinal son of John Jr. m. and had a dau. Priscilla. Priscilla Vinal dau of Jacob Vinal m. Samuel Litchfield. Hannah Litchfield dau of of Priscilla m. Levi Bates. Cynthia Bates dau of Hannah m. Elijah Bisbee. Priscilla Vinal Bisbee, m. Brooks Kimball, Esq. They remained in Springfield until 1835 then moved to Charlestown. NH He rep. the town in the Leggis. viz: 185l - 1857 and 1850 - 185l.
1. Charles C. Kimball b. 1829 m. 1860 Olive P. Hastings dau of Oliver Hastings Jr. She b. 183l.
1. Kate Hastings b. 186l
2. Charles O. Hastings b. 1866.
3. Ruth Vinal Hastings b. 1875.
2. Abbie Kate Kimball b. 1834 at Springfield, Vt. m. 1862 Henry E. Barrett son of Edward and Orpha (Winchester) Barrett. He b. Rutland, Vt. May 1836.
l. Annie Barrett b. 1869 at Charlestown, NH
2. Henry C. Barrett b. 1870 at Claremont NH d. 1870.
3. Eleanor L. Barrett b. 1872 at Claremont NH Res: Brocton, MA.
3. Henry C. Kimball b. 1837 at Charlestown m. 186l Ellen M. Spaulding b. 1842 at Lempster, NH She d. 1874
1. Morris G. Kimball b. at Charlestown 1863.
4. Ellen C. Kimball b. 1846 m. 1870 Sumner Foster son of Ephraim and Sybil N. (Mason) Foster. b. at Sullivan NH 1845.
1. Carl B. Foster b.1870 at Charlestown d. 187l.
©2008 Genealogy Trails