WHEELER FAMILY of Sullivan County, NH
Transcribed and contributed to Genealogy Trails by Janice Farnsworth - Farns10th@aol.com
Source: History of Charlestown, NH - Fort 4 by Rev. Henry H. Saunderson pub 1876,
Moses Wheeler of Groton, MA m. Dec. l4, 1747 Elizabeth Holden of Groton, MA. Their children:
1. Sarah Wheeler b. Sep 4, 1748.
2. Elizabeth Wheeler b. June 24,1750 m. July 6, 1748 Oliver Farnsworth. (see also Farnsworth Memorial)
3. Moses Wheeler b. Aug 29, 1752 m. Pamela Putnam, dau of Ebenezer and Mary Putnam. Their children:
l. Laura Wheeler b. Oct 3l, 1784 m. Robert Rand.
2. Horace Wheeler b. May l2, 1792 m. Martha Church. Their issue:
l. Simeon C. Wheeler
2. Moses W. Wheeler
3. Horace C. Wheeler
3. William Wheeler b. Janl5, 1796
4. Lucia Wheeler b. 1800
5. Marcia Wheeler b. Feb. 7, 1803 m. ___ Kingsbury of Honeyoye Falls, N.Y.
4. Eunice Wheeler b. Oct 3, 1755 m. Jonathan Hubbard, Jr.
5. Lydia Wheeler b. Nov 5, 1757
6. Phebe Wheeler b. Dec 23, 1760
7. Maria Wheeler b. Apr l0, 1768
8. John Wheeler b. Oct 3l, 1768 m. Hannah Thurston (pub. Sep. 2l, 1788)
l. Laura Wheeler b. Aug 28, 1789
2. Ralph Wheeler b.Feb. 9, 1792
Ensign Moses Wheeler held that office in the company of Capt. Hobbs during the French and Indian Wars. He was one of the company of Capt. Stevens as early as 1746.
Amos Wheeler and his wife, Eunice (Gates) Wheeler came from Acton, MA. Their children:
l. Sarah Wheeler
2. Amos Wheeler Jr. m. Rachel___Their issue:
l. David Wheeler b. Apr l9, 1806
2. William Wheeler b. Nov 7, 1807.
3. Ira Wheeler b. June l5, 1809.
4. Hannah Wheeler b. Nov l6, 18l6.
3. Ira Allen Wheeler
4. Jesse Wheeler b. July 26, 179l m. Philena___ Res: Charlestown, NH d. 1874
5. Catherine Wheeler d. unm.
6. Abigail Wheeler b. Jan 3, 1794
7. Mary Wheeler
8. Hammond Wheeler b. Mar 28, 1796
9. Willard Wheeler (twin) b. Aug 22, 1800.
10. Charles Wheeler (twin to Willard) b. Aug 22, 1800
p.643 Moses Wheeler, inhabitant of Charlestown NH War of Revolution
p.643 Jesse Wheeler of Charlestown NH War of 18l2
p.645 George A. Wheeler Charlestown NH War of Rebellion Company G., Oct l2, 186l wounded Dec l3, 1862 died of wounds Dec. 16, 1862.
Marriages at Charlestown, NH (or publications of intent)
Amos Wheeler Jr. Sep. 18, 1805 to Rachael McGlaughton
Philip Wheeler Jr. Jan 26, 1806 to Polly Grout.
Horace Wheeler Jan 23, 18l2 to Martha Church.
Publishments of intent to marry:
John Wheeler Sep 2l, 1788 to Hannah Thurston, Haverhill.
Ira A. Wheeler Mar l0, 18ll to Hannah Hubbard.
Jesse Wheeler Sep. 3, 18l5 to Phila Willard.
Franklin Wheeler Apr ll, 1824 to Mehitabel Lufkins of Acworth, NH.
Capt Albert H. Wheeler Jan 29, 1843 to Caroline G. Huntly of Langdon.
Ebenezer M. Wheeler of Waterford, VT Feb. 4, 1844 to Mary L. Amsden.
Ira A. Wheeler Jr. May l0, 1844 to Rosanna S. Corlis.
Alfred Wheeler of Langdon Apr l5, 1847 to Mary Ann Pollard.
©2008 Genealogy Trails