Genealogy Trails Website
Our goal is to help you track your ancestors
through time by transcribing genealogical and historical data and
placing it online for the free use of all researchers
If you have a love for history, a desire to help others, and basic
skills, consider joining us! Get the details on our Volunteer
desire to transcribe data and knowledge of how to make a basic webpage
If hosting isn't for you, we can use your help in other ways.
More information can be found on the Volunteer Page.
This County Site is Available for Adoption!
regret that we are unable to do personal research for anyone..
All data we come across will be added to this site.
We thank you for visiting and hope you'll come back again to view the
updates we make to this site
Trails to you on your quest for your
Hidalgo County Information
was created on February 25, 1919, from the southern part of Grant
County. It was named for the town north of Mexico City where the Treaty
of Guadalupe Hidalgo was signed, which in turn was named for Miguel
Hidalgo y Costilla, the priest who is known as the "Father of Mexican
* Lordsburg is southeast of Virden, where US 70 and I-10 meet
* Virden is in the northwestern corner, near U.S. Highway 70
* Animas is in the middle of the county, south of Cotton City
* Antelope Wells is located on the US-Mexico border
on the southern edge of the county
* Cotton City is about 25 miles southwest of Lordsburg
* Playas is about 13 miles almost due east of Animas, near the county
* Summit is located on County Route A12
* Rodeo is located southwest of Animas on Highway 80
Bramlett * Cloverdale * Cowboy Springs * Cloverdale * Gary
* Road Fork * Steins * Shakespeare * Valedon * Walnut Wells
Check your attics!
Dust off your family
We're looking for DATA for this site!!!
you would like to submit data
for this site,
with your submissions.
2015: Jessie Wright obit; several News articles; John Bartlett obit;
Birth announcement for Trendt (son); Mrs. Henry Eichwurzel obit;
several marriage announcements (news); James Sterling body found
(news); Lordsburg incorporated (news); Cochise County has a new
neighbor (news); [All submitted by Veneta McKinney]
Dec 2012: WW2 Casualties