Allen County, Ohio
History and Genealogy
Lima Daily News, Feb 5, 1891
- Peter Zimmerly went to Lima last Saturday on business.
- Jacob Stettler, of Findlay, was home over Sunday visiting his parents and friends.
- We had a street preacher on our streets last Saturday. He drew quite a crowd.
- A. Herrod, the hustler for the Allen County Democrat, was in our village.
Edward Harper and Miss Lillie Harper attended the funeral of their cousin, Mr. Eli Garwood. Deceased was a well known engineer on the P. F. W. & C. railroad. [Lima News, 1898 - Submitted & Transcribed by Kathy Jones]
Miss Carrie Schwilk went to Lima Monday, where she joined Mr. and Mrs. Fred Schwilk and daughter, Edna, and Mr. and Mrs. Edward Harper and little daughter, all of that place, and left this afternoon over the Pennsylvania road in company with them for San Francisco, Ca. Miss Schwilk will return after a several weeks' visit, but the other members of the party expect to locate in the Golden Gate city -Wyandot Chief. [Lima Times Democrat (Lima, Ohio) Wednesday, August 12, 1903 - Submitted & Transcribed by Kathy Jones]
Apr 27, 1924
Mrs. Phil H. Albert, of Albert's Beauty Shop has returned from Chicago where she attended the annual Hair Dresser's State Show, which was held at the Hotel Sherman, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week. [Apr 27, 1924]
Mr. and Mrs. James Britt, 154 E. Circular-st, have returned from Robinson, Ill, where they were called the first of the week on account of the death of their son-in-law, Lloyd La Foy, 54, who died April 19, as a result of a fall from an oil tank, several weeks ago. Mr. and Mrs. La Foy formerly resided in this city on S. McDonald-st, going west at the time of the oil excitement, several years ago. [Apr 27, 1924]
November 2, 1930- Lima News
- Mr. and Mrs. Walter NEIDHART and children were in Ada Saturday, and while there attended the Ohio Northern and Capital University football game.
- Mr. and Mrs. W.R. BRIGGS had the following guests over the week-end, Leon BRIGGS of Dennison, William PEDICER of Canton, Robert ENGLISH and Homer VIRGEL of Uhrecksville, Ohio.
- Miss Helen REED spent the week-end in Toledo with Miss Retha Reed and Mr. and Mrs. Alton REED.
- Miss Mabel METZGER, has returned to New Mexico, after a short visit with her parents. During her visit she attended the Home Missionary Conference at Cincinnati, bringing back with her Deaconess WHITEHEAD, who spent the week here.
- Mr. and Mrs. Carl HUBERT and son and Mrs. Samuel HAUENSTEIN of Bluffton and Mr. and Mrs. Earl GRIFFITHS and family were Sunday guests of Mr. and Mrs. A.C. LACKEY.
- Mr. William TEEGARDIN, student at Ohio State, spent the week-end with his parents, Mr. and Mrs. B.M. TEEGARDIN.
- Miss Helen RASOR entertained with a Halloween party Wednesday evening at the home of her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Cloyd RASOR. Those present were, Leah LAMB, Dorothy MURRAY, Thea Belle SNYDER, Martha SNYDER, Fern STOVER, Louise LAMB, Mary Kathryn SCHULTS, Arthur WATSON, Vernon RASOR, and the hostess, Helen RASOR.
- Mr. Harvey NUNGESTER and children of Lima and Mr. and Mrs. Loree KING were the Sunday guests of Mr. and Mrs. E.J. RITCHIE.
- Mr. and Mrs. Dick HEATH and family were last week-end guests of relatives in Toledo.
- A Halloween party was enjoyed by the members of the Elida fire department and their wives on Tuesday evening at their clubroom.
- Miss Laura WEYER of Detroit is visiting with her sister, Mrs. W.A. DAVIS. Mrs. Emma DAVIS of north Lima was also a Saturday and Sunday guest at the Davis home.
- Mrs. Cora KELLER has gone to Sarasota, Fla., to spend the winter.
- Miss Margaret SNYDER of near Rockford is visiting her sister Mrs. Anna BECHTOL.
© Genealogy Trails