The Athens Messenger, January 2, 1868
- Tr. by bmt
TRANSFERS OF REAL ESTATE
- Dec 16, Jefferson McVay to Richard Dowler, 40 acres in Waterloo. Price $600.
- Dec 17, Elizabeth Watkins heirs to John F-gan, 40 acres in Athens Tp, Price $700.
- Dec 17, Elijah Vickers to Oliver Wildman, 12 acres in Rome Tp. Price $1,400
- Dec 17, Edward Jack to Matilda Jack, 3849-100 acres in Alexander Tp. Price $800
- Dec 18, Albert Vorhes to Geo L Tippie, 150 20-100 acres in Alexander Tp. Price $6,000.
- Dec 19, Levi Knowlton to Amos Knowlton, 25 acres in Lee Township. Price $300.
- Dec 18, N.Ward to Elisha Archer, 80 acres in York Tp. Price $800.
- Dec 18, George Bewitt to John P Magill, In lot 4, Mineral city. Price $4 25.
- Dec 19, A Paston to John and E... Newton, E. half in lot 50, Nelsonville. Price $300.
- Dec 19, Almus Lindley to James Dixon, in lots 3 and 4, Marshfield. price $100.
- Dec 19, Nathen Lewellen to M. & J. Shaffer, 4 acres in Waterloo Tp. Price $200.
- Dec 19, Samuel Bethel to J Anderson, 25 acres in Trimble Tp. Price $675.
- Dec 20, C.P.Beatty to J.Q. Hull, 1? 61-100 acres in Lodi Tp. Price $498 30.
- Dec , Caleb Engle to Matthew Wood, 20 acres in Bern Tp. Price $500.
- Dec 20, Caleb Engle to Joseph Penrose 20 acres in Bern Tp. Price $400.
- Dec 20, Gilbert and McCoy to Lafayette McCoy, west half lot 3, Marshfield. Price $400.
- Dec 20, Henry Bethell to Isaas M. Botts, 10 acres in Trimble Tp. Price $100
- Dec 20, James D. Spencer to Harvey, Iams, Battleo & Co., in lot 7, Hockingport. Price $123.
- Dec 20, M.B. Cooley to A.J. Swaim, 1 acre in Waterloo Tp. Price $400
- Dec 20, Wm Swaim to A.J. Swaim, 2 95-100 in Waterloo Tp. Price $125
- Dec 20, Wm Swaim to A.J. Swaim, 1 19-100 acres in Waterloo Tp. Price $1,550
- Dec 21, Ester Clemm to Wm. Bingham, 50-100 acres in Troy Tp. Price $150.
- Dec 21, L.Jewett, Adm's of John Walker to Robert Fulton, 17 94-100 acres. Price $50.
- Dec 21, Henry Masters to Martha Miles, 61 acres in Alexander Tp. Price $1,2?0
The Athens Messenger, April 21, 1870
- Tr. by bmt
Real Estate Transfers
The following are the transfers of real estate as obtained from the Recorder's office, suring the past week:
- F.M. Chase to A. Zarley, part of lot 162 in Nelsonville, $100.
- F.M. Chase to Mary J Higgnins, part of same lot, $800
- Thomas Dyson to James N. Sands, farm in Trimble township $1??? [over one thousand but unreadable]
- F.M.Chase to Isaac Continer, part of lot 162 in Nelsonville, 759
- Lucy S Brown Administratrix to Jno. B. Brown, several tracts of land in Ames and Canaan townships, 3,300
- John Miller to T.J. Elliot, 5 acres in Athens township, $200
- J.Y. Crain to Jonathan Smith, lot in Nelsonville $100
- Same to Same, lot in Nelsonville, $200
- J.M. Welch to H.N. Hewitt, 40 acres in Waterloo township $125
- F.M. Michael to D.R. Mellay, 25 acres in Troy tp. [unreadable 3 digits]
- Wesley Michael to D. R. Mellay 10 acres in Troy tp [unreadable 3 digits]
- W.H.Young to Kate P Martin, lots in Athens, $1000.
- H.C. Martin to Martha J. White, lots 210 and 213 in Athens Tp, $250
- H. Armitage to Joseph Herrold, 16 54-100 acres in Athens Tp $766.40
- Thos H. Sheldon to James O Maxwell 46 70-100 acres in Canaan Tp $675
- W.T.Wilson to Elizabeth Stewart, lot in Albany, $600
- Joseph Thompson to A Barker, lot in Nelsonville, $160
- David Goodspeed to James W. Bayard et. al farm in Athens Tp, 3361
The Athens Messenger, May 16, 1872
- Tr. by Sandra Cummins
The following transfers of real estate are recorded at the Recorder's office from May 1st, 1872:
- Josiah Pinkerton to Isaiah William, 65 acres in Canaan Twp.; $1,300.
- E. B. Pickets' administrator, to Jas. Love in lot No. 4, Marshfield; $265.67.
- Douglass Putnam to C. W. Johnson, 80 acres, Troy Twp.; $185.
- Hiram True to L. W. Russell, part of in lot 42, Athens; $1.500.
- Joseph Earich to same, tract land in Dover Twp; $300.
- Chas. L. Wilson to A. L. Roach, out lots in Athens; $900.
- John Cornwell to Chas. Townsend, several lots in Athens; $2100.
- Samuel Pickering to J. B. McCune, farm in Athens Twp; ---.
- O. B. Potter to Abner Cooley, part of in lot, Athens; $200.
- Heirs of Timothy B. Hudson to John Smith, 216 acres in Carthage Twp; $2000.
- John Smith to Anthony Smith, 108 acres, Carthage Twp; $1000.
- David Shaffer to Rachel Daugherty, lots Nos. 5 and 6, Troy Twp; consideration $1.
- Jno. Dew and trustees of C. C. Church, Nelsonville, lot; consideration, $1.
- E. S. Poston to E. W. Sheppard, in lot No. 53, Nelsonville; $550.
- Josephus Tucker to Jas. Caldwell, 145 acres Carthage Twp.; $5,100.
- Josiah Simpson et al to Frank Hall, out lot No. 22, Albany; $300.