Columbiana County, Ohio
Lindesmith Family Military Records
Source: An insert in the book "History of Hanover, Columbiana County, Ohio, 1804-1908 (1908)"
Author: Voglesong-Woods, Wessie
Publisher: Alliance, Ohio: Review Pub. Co.
Transcribed by Jeanne Hall
Lindesmith; Soldiers in War, Citizens in Peace
For the love of God and our country.
Rev. E. W. J. Lindesmith, chaplain, U. S. A. St. Ann's Orphan Asylum, Woodland ave., Cleveland. Ohio, 1918.
1. Michael Lindesmith, my great grand-uncle son of Daniel Lindesmith and Elisabeth Bernard of Switzerland; Colonel, Berks Co., Reg. Pa. and his three brothers and a nephew in the Revolution war of 1176, and to the end of it.
2. Jacob Lindesmith, Private in Captain J. Atlee's Battalion, Berks Co., Pa.
3. George Lindesmith, Corporal In Richard Hampton's Company, Pa. Died June 8. 1826.
4. Michael Lindesmith, Private in his uncle's Regiment. Born July 8. 1754.
5. Joseph Lindesmith, wife, Anna Hallman: my great grandfather, musician in Pennsylvania Troops in 1776 to the end of the war. He bad four Sons in the War of 1812 in Columbiana Co., Ohio.
6. Daniel Lindesmith, wife, Elisabeth Weimer: my grandfather; musician in Captain Harbach's Troop, Columbiana Co., Ohio: In 1812 war. He had a son in the Seminole war: three brothers in the War of 1812, and seven grandsons in the Civil war.
7. Jacob Weimer Lindesmith, wife, Barbara Walser: my father, Captain Lucy's Troop, for the Seminole Indiana war in 1834 [1831 ?]. He had two sons in the Civil War, Columbiana Co., Ohio.
8. Rev. ?H Washington John Lindesmith; Chaplain. U. S. A. eleven years. two months and twenty days.
9. Jason Wilson Lindesmith, wife, Margaret Jane McAllister: my brother, Company K, 115th O. V. Columbiana Co., Ohio. Promoted to 2nd Lieutenant. Katharine Lindesmith, William Morgan: my aunt, daughter of Daniel Lindesmith and Gertrude Crissinger, second wife; two sons in Civil war.
10. Daniel Morgan, wife, Sidney Ann Reish. Company F, 76th Ohio Volunteers.
11. James Morgan, wife, Louisa Farr. Company F. 76th Ohio Volunteers
Susanna Lindesmith Patterson Copeland: my aunt; three sons in the Civil war.
12. John H. Copeland, Company I, 1st Reg., Columbiana Co., Ohio. Second enlistment, 181st Ohio Volunteers. Severely wounded.
13. George F. Copeland, wife, Tamar G. McCurdy. Company D, 18th Ohio Battalion. Second enlistment Company C, 143rd Ohio Volunteers, National Guard.
14 William K. Copeland, wife, Mary McCafferty. 100th Ohio Volunteers. Elisabeth, Wm. Knepper: my grandaunt: daughter of Joseph Lindesmith, wife, Anna Bauman. Three sons of her son John, one of Godfrey, two of Daniel and one of Peter, in the Civil war.
15. Bernard Knepper, 4th Indiana Volunteers of first wife. Barbara Ehrhart: two of the second wife, Hanna Custer.
16. Noah Knepper, 1st Indiana, 16th Battalion. Died, Alanta, Georgia.
17. Albert Knepper, wife. Araminta Custer. Company K, 115th [possibly not a 5] Ohio Volunteers.
18. William Knepper, Indiana Volunteers, Beach, Tuscarawas Co., Ohio
Daniel Knepper: two sons in the Civil war.
19. Daniel Knepper, Jr., Indiana Volunteers.
20. Henry Knepper, Indiana Volunteers.
21. William Knepper, wife, Ellen Class; son of Peter Knepper. Company K, 3rd Ohio Volunteers.
22. Jacob Lindesmith, wife, Susanna Crissinger; my granduncle; son of Joseph Lindesmith and Anna Bauman. During the War of 1812 he attended to the farms of his three brothers and his own. (War can't do without farmers); son and grandson in the Civil war.
23. David K. Lindesmith, wife, Malinda Krider. Company E, 48th Indiana Volunteers. Severely wounded.
Hannah, John Young; daughter of Jacob Lindesmith, wife, Susanna Crissinger; son in the Civil war.
24. Jacob A. Young; 81st Ohio Volunteers, 15th Corps. Promoted 2nd Lieutenant.
25. John Lindesmith, wife, Anna Mary Boyer; my granduncle; son of Joseph Lindesmith, wife, Anna Bauman. Captain Zimmerman's Company. Columbiana Co., Ohio: in the war 1812: grandfather of nine in the Civil war and granduncle of twenty-three; great grand-uncle of four in the Phillipine war.
Susanna, Samuel Crissinger, daughter of of John Lindesmith, wife, Anna Mary Boyer; son in the Civil war.
26. Samuel Crissinger. Died in the army.
Joseph Lindesmith, wife, Elisabeth McKarns: son in the Civil war.
27. Thomas Fife Lindesmith, wife, Sarah A. Fitzer. Company F, 12th Indiana Cavalry: 1st Company Bugler. Captain B. 0. Wilkerson: Colonel Anderson, Cassco, Indiana.
28. James L. Anderson, Company K. 115th Ohio Volunteers. Died in the Army
29. John C. Anderson, wife, Elisabeth Lindesmith. Company C, 143rd Ohio Volunteers, National Guard.
Delila, John Brechner; daughter of John Lindesmith and Anna Mary Boyer. Five sons in the Civil war.
30. Aaron Brechner, Company B, 47th Indiana. Colonel James Black.
31. Joseph Brechner, wife, Lydia Sefang.
32. Wilson Brechner, wife, Florence T. Cramer.
33. Peter Brechner, wife, Catherine Bitner. Company B, 47th Indiana Volunteers. Colonel Black.
34. Samuel Brechner, wife, Susan Kunce. 108th Indiana. Captain Joseph Baldwin.
35. Peter Lindesmith; my grand-uncle; in the War of 1812. Wife Susanna Ehrhart. Seven grandsons in the Civil war. Two great-grandsons in the Philippine war.
Elisabeth, Daniel Crissinger; daughter of Peter Lindesmith and Susanna Ehrhart. Three sons in the Civil war.
36. William Crissinger. wife, Mary Martha Whitcraft. Served in Carroll Co., Ohio Company.
37. Simon Peter Crissinger, Company K. 157th Ohio Volunteers. Milwaukee Soldiers' Home.
38. Samuel Lee Crissinger, wife, Sarah Ann Reed. Two terms 3rd Ohio Battery to July 31. 1865. Promoted Sergeant for bravery at the battle, Atlanta. Ga.
Daniel Lindesmith of Bryan, Ohio, wife, Ann Cox; son of Peter Lindesmith and Susanna Ehrhart. Three sons in the Civil war.
39. David Lindesmith, Company K, 68th Ohio Volunteers, a medical student.
40. Peter Lindesmith, Company K. 68th Ohio Volunteers, wife, Margaret E. Bechtol.
41. George W. Lindesmith, Company K. 68th Ohio Volunteers, wife, Frances Umbenhaur.
David Lindesmith, wife, Katherine Simmons; son of Peter Lindesmith and Susanna Ehrhart. Son in the Civil war.
42. Orlando Lindesmith, Sr., wife, Elisabeth Putney.
43. Everett E. Lindesmith, wife, Bertha Theile; son of Orlando, Sr., Company D, N. Dakota; also in Battery B, 5th Artillery.
44. Harry Lindesmith, wife, Hattie Polgin; son of Orlando. Spanish war.
Emma Lindesmith Warren; daughter of David Lindesmith; son is Spanish War Veteran.
45. Ivan Willis Joseph Warren, wife, Anna Margaret Feirer. Spanish war.
Angelina; daughter of David Lindesmith. Son in Spanish war.
46. Franklin D. Hoadley. Company D, 1st N. Dakota.
47. George W. Ott; my nephew. At fourteen he became a cow-boy for twenty years. He then served in the wars of the Pine Ridge, Spanish and Philippine.
This makes forty-seven blood relations.
John and Elizabeth Miller Family Bible
Submitted by Carol Palmer and transcribed by N. Overlander
John and Elizabeth were from Pennsylvania and settled in Columbiana, Ohio where they both died. Carol Palmer's G Grandfather Jessie moved to Springport, Jackson County Michigan in 1864 after the death of his parents.
John Miller(?)was born July 6th in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred & forty-six.
James C. Miller was born Sept. 23 in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred & forty-nine.
Anne Cathren Miller was born on the 11th day of December in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred & fifty-three.
Wm. Casey was born on the 23 day of May in the year one thousand eight hundred and …
Jacob Bushman was born on the 15 day of January in the year one thousand eight hundred and thirty-two.
Matilda Bushman was born on the 5 day of June in the year one thousand eight hundred and fifty-five.
James Bushman Casey was born on the 2nd day of the April in the year one thousand eight hundred and fifty-seven.
James Bushman was born on the 17th day April in the year one thousand eight hundred and fifty-eight.
Harvey Bushman was born on the 7t5h day of October in the year one thousand eight hundred and sixty.
Virginia (?) Cassey was born on the 21st day of April in the year one thousand eight hundred and sixty-one.
Willard T. Bushman born August 17, 1862.
John Miller – was born June 25th in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and four.
Elizabeth Rohrer was born April 3rd in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and seven.
Mary Miller was born March 30th in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty-two.
Elise Miller was born May 8th in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty-four.
Levi Miller was born June 26th in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty-six.
Isaac Miller was born November 28th in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty-eight.
Jesse Miller was born June 28th in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and forty-one.
Lucinda Miller – was born March 31st in the year of our Lord one thousand Eight Hundred and forty-four.
Isaac Miller deceased on the 22nd day of November in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and forty-two.
Levi Miller deceased on the 24th day of November in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and forty-two.
James Bushman deceased on the 29th day of June in the year one thousand eight hundred and fifty-eight.
Harvey Bushman deceased on the 9th day of April in the year one thousand eight hundred and sixty-one.
John Miller deceased on the 1st day of April in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty. Age 55 years 11 months 7 days [faded]
Eliza Bushman died March 21st A.D. 1869.
Lucinda [Mangus?] died March 21st A.D. 1863.
Elizabeth Miller died April 6th of 1864. Aged 57 years and 3 days.
MILLER BIBLE MARRIAGES
John Miller and Elizabeth Rohrer were married on the 30th day of November in the year one thousand eight hundred and thirty.
Levi Hayman and Annie C. Miller were married December 13, 1871.
Harry Edward Hayman was born Feb. 26th. 1888.
Jacob Bushman and Eliza Miller was married on the 8th day of January in the year one thousand eight hundred and fifty-five.
William Casey and Mary Miller was married on the 11th day of October in the year one thousand eight hundred fifty-six.
Henry Mangus and Lucinda Miller were married Feb. 8th 1863.
MILLER BIBLE DATA
SURNAME, FIRST – Birth/Death/Anniversary – DATE
Bushman, Eliza – D – 21 March 1864
Bushman, Harry – D – 9 April 1861
Bushman, Harvey – B – 7 Oct. 1860
Bushman, Jacob – B – 15 Jan. 1832
Bushman, Jacob & Eliza – Ann. – 8 Jan. 1855
Bushman, James – B – 17 April 1858
Bushman, James – D – 29 June 1858
Bushman, Matilda – B – 5 June 1855
Bushman, Willard T. D. – B – 17 Aug. 1862
Casey, Benjamin – B – 21 April 1861
Casey, James Bushman – B – 2 April 1857
Casey, William – B – 23 May (no year)
Casey, William & Mary – Ann. – 11 Oct. 1856
Hayman, Harry Edward – B – 26 Feb. 1881
Hayman, Levi & Annie – Ann. – 13 Dec. 1874
Mangus, Henry & Lucinda – Ann. – 8 Feb. 1863
Mangus, Lucinda – D – 21 March 1863
Miller, Anne Cathren – B – 14 Dec. 1853
Miller, Elise – B – May 1834
Miller, Elizabeth – D – 6 April 1864
Miller, Isaac – B – 28 Nov. 1838
Miller, Isaac – D – 22 Nov. 1842
Miller, James – B – 23 Sept. 1849
Miller, Jesse – B – 28 June 1841
Miller, John – B – 25 June 1841
Miller, John – B – 6 – July 1846
Miller, John -- D – 1 June 1860
Miller, John & Elizabeth – Ann. – 30 Nov. 1830
Miller, Levi – B – 26 June 1836
Miller, Levi – D – 24 Nov. 1842
Miller, Lucinda – B – 31 March 1844
Miller, Mary – B – 30 March 1832
Rohrer, Elizabeth – B – 3 April 1807
BACK -- HOME
Copyright © Genealogy Trails