ANDERSON - HARRIS
Miss Rachel Harris of Harrisburg, a former Midland resident, and Charles Anderson of Camp Hill, near Harrisburg, were married Saturday afternoon at 4 o'clock at the home of Mr. and Mrs. William Silverman on Beaver Ave.
The double-ring ceremony was performed on the Silverman's flower-decorated porch by Rev. George H. Boblender of the Presbyterian Church.
The bride wore a two-piece suit of gray wool, Navy blue topper. Navy accessories, and a corsage of white orchids.
Miss Cora Friemeyer of Harrisburg was maid of honor. She wore a street-length dress of turquoise silk, matching accessories and a corsage of purple orchids.
Harry Weaver, the bride's brother-in-law, was best man.
A reception for 65 guests was held in the Presbyterian Church social rooms after the ceremony.
The bride was employed by the Petties Bakery when she lived here with her sister, Mrs. Harry Weaver of 11th St.
The bridegroom is a mechanic for the Pennsylvania Railroad Co.
Following a wedding trip to Niagara Falls, the newlyweds will live in Camp Hill.
[Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 26, 1950]
BUTLER - TUCKER
Charlotte Tucker To Become Bride of Alfred Butler
Announcement has been made of the engagement of Miss Charlotte Ann Tucker to Alfred Butler.
The bride-elect is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William C. Tucker of Dresden Ave., Ext., and the bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Butler , 412 Grant St., Newell.
Both are graduates of East Liverpool High School and he served four years with the Marine Corps Airborne Division. He is employed at a caster at the Hall China Co. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, Dec. 29, 1952]
CAIN - MALONEY
Miss Jerry Maloney Weds W. E. Cain In Church Rites
IN THE rectory of St. Aloysius Catholic Church July 21 at 6:30 o'clock, Miss Jerry Maloney and William E. Cain were united in marriage. Right Rev. Msgr. Francis J. Lavery, V. F., officiated for the double ring ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles A. Maloney, 315 Garfield St., and the bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Paul A. Cain, 322 Haywood Ave.
For her wedding, the bride chose a yellow suit with brown accessories and wore a corsage of white roses.
Mrs. Wanda Dickey of Wellsville, friend of the bride was matron of honor in a pink suit with white accessories. Her corsage was of yellow roses.
Phillip Chronister was best man.
A reception for the immediate families followed at the home of the bride's parents.
Following a brief wedding trip, the couple is residing in Newell.
Both the bride and bridegroom are 1946 graduates of East Liverpool High Schoo. The bridegroom is a driver for the City Cab. Co. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 29, 1950]
CLARK - LEPPER
Married on Thursday the 28th ult. by the Rev. W. C. Henderson, Mr. Samuel S. Clark, (formerly of this place,) to Miss Ismena M. Lepper, both of New Lisbon, Ohio. [Republican Compiler, Gettysburg, PA, May 11, 1830; NP,Sub by FoFG]
CORAK - AMEDEO
Miss Dorothy Corak, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Corak of Midland Ave., and Carl Amedeo, son of Mrs. Fanny Amedeo of Chester, were united in marriage Thursday morning at 9 o'clock in the Presentation Catholic Church.
The very Rev. George A. Baumer performed the ceremony before an altar decorated with ferns and palms.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride wore a traditional white satin gown with illusion net yoke trimmed with rhinestones and edged with Chantilly lace. It had long sleeves and a full skirt ending in a long train.
Her fingertip illusion veil was held in place by a coronet crown of rhinestones, and she carried a bouquet of calla lilies centered with a white orchid, stephanotis and satin streamers.
The matron of honor, Mrs. Joseph Pakavich, wore a pink organdy and lace gown, matching small picture hat and a Colonial bouquet of pink roses.
The bridesmaids were Miss Kathryn Gimbus of Midland, and Miss Eleanor Lettiero of Clairton. Frank Amedeo of Clairton, a brother of the bridegroom, was best man. Ushers were Thomas Lettiero of Clairton, and Peter Corak of Midland, a brother of the bride.
After the ceremony a wedding dinner for 75 was held at Deramo's Restaurant, scene of an evening reception of 300.
Following a wedding trip to Atlantic City and New York City, the couple will reside in Chester.
The bride attended Midland High School and the bridegroom was graduated from Chester High School and is employed at the Homer Laughlin China Co. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 17, 1950]
CRESLIP - MCMULLEN
Mrs Ruby McMullen and Archie Creslip, both of Lisbon R. D. 1, were married Saturday afternoon at 2 o'clock in the Second Christian Church of East Liverpool by Rev. Oskey W. Grow, pastor.
The bride was given in marriage by her father, Dorsey Beaver. She wore a street-length dress of blue taffeta with white accessories and an orchid corsage. Her rhinestone necklace and earrings were gifts from her father.
Miss Jennie Stillwagon of Lisbon was bridesmaid. She chose a street-length dress of pink satin, white accessories and a corsage of gardenias.
Following the ceremony, a dinner was served 30 guests at the bride's home.
The bride is employed at the Metsch Refactory Co. at Newell, and the bridegroom works at the McLain Fire Brick Co. in Wellsville, They are residing at the bride's home. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 28, 1950]
DAVIS - HENDERSON
Lois Henderson Of Weirton Is Chester Resident Bride
MISS LOIS Edna Henderson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph S. Henderson of Weirton, and Gene Edwin Davis, son of Mr. and Mrs. Harold Davis of Carolina Ave., Chester, were married Thursday afternoon at 2 o'clock in the Chester Church of the Nazarene.
Rev. Paul M. Fitch, pastor, performed the double-ring ceremony in the presence of the immediate families.
The bride chose a white net street-length dress with white accessories. Her corsage was of gardenias and pink rosebuds.
Miss Mary Henderson, sister of the bride, was bridesmaid. She wore a pink dress of sheer seersucker with white accessories and a corsage of pink rosebuds.
Gayle Davis, brother of the bridegroom, was best man.
Following a reception at the home of the bride's parents, the newlyweds left for a trip through the Eastern states.
They will reside in a newly furnished apartment on Erie St., East Liverpool.
The bride was graduated from Weirton High School in 1940 and was employed at Isaly's in Weirton.
A graduate of Chester High School, the bridegroom works for Crucible Steel Co., in Midland.
Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 22, 1950
DOOLIN - WICKHAM
Announcement has been made of the engagement and approaching marriage of Miss Viola Wickham to John Doolin.
The bride-elect is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Wickham of Congo, and her fiance is the son of Mrs. Kate Doolin of Wood St., Wellsville.
July 27 is the date chosen for the nuptials at 8 o'clock in the parsonage of the First Church of Christ, Newell.
Mr. Doolin works for the Crucible Steel Co., Midland. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 22, 1950]
EAST - MUNSON
Dr. W.R. East of Cleveland and Miss May Munson of Columbiana were married last Saturday, Rev. W.P. Wyckoff eprforming the ceremony. [The Mahoning Dispatch. (Canfield, Mahoning County, Ohio), 23 July 1915]
ESTERLY - BAIRD
Miss Lomia Baird and David Esterly of Columbiana married in Youngstown by Rev. A.N. Craft. [The Mahoning Dispatch. (Canfield, Mahoning County, Ohio), 21 March 1913]
GEROME - GEER
Palms, gladioll and pink tapers in candelabras decorated the altar of the First Presbyterian Church where Miss M. Marjorie Geer, daughter of Mrs. Helen Geer of Seventh St. and the late Thomas Geer, and Henry Gerome, son of Mr. and Mrs. Theodore Gerome of Braddock, Pa., were united in marriage. The double ring ceremony was performed Saturday night at 7:30 o'clock by Rev. John C. Little, pastor.
Mrs. E. P. Nertz played a half-hour organ recital and Miss Elizabeth Ann Lowary sang "Because", "I Love You Truly" and "The Lord's Prayer".
The bride wore white eyelet embroidery organdy over blush pink satin with a Basque waist, Peter Pan collar, long sleeves buttoned at the wrist and a short train. Her veil of illusion had a crown of orange blossoms. She carried a shower bouquet of lillies-of the-valley centered with an orchid and carried out the tradition of something borrowed, a necklace belonging to her mother's aunt, something old, a six pence in her show and something blue. She was given in marriage by her brother, Paul Geer.
Mrs. Paul Geer, matron-of honor, was attired in a frosted embroidery green organdy gown. Pastel shade of yellow and blue of similar material were worn by the bridesmaids, Miss Doris McGhee of Kensington, cousin of the bride, Miss Shirley Speer of Connellsville, classmate of the bride at Presbyterian Hospital School of Nursing, and Miss Elsie and Betty Gassman, twins of Sebring, cousins of the bride. Each wore hats of matching color and carried baskets of flowers.
The bride's paternal grandmother, Mrs. Stella Geer of Smiths Ferry, wore lavender crepe and a corsage of carnations.
Conrad Mitchell of Braddock was best man and Theodore Gerome, brother of the bridegroom, Thomas Barnhart, Elmer Koelin and Ted Coritis were ushers. All are Theta Xi fraternity brothers of the groom.
Following the nuptials, a receptions for 125 guests was held in the social rooms with Mrss. Ja Emler, Mrs. Carrie Vogel, Mrs. Marie Jenkins, Mrs. Pat Jenkins, Mrs. Helen Moncrief, Mrs. Pearl McConnell and Myrna Lou Jenkins and Mrs. Nina Ingalls of Fayettville, Ark., serving.
A four-tiered wedding cake decorated with wedding bells and birds and a miniature bride and groom adorned the table.
For her going away costume on her honeymoon to Florida, Mrs. Gerome wore a white suit with matching accessories and an orchid. The couple will reside in Uniontown, Pa.
A graduate of Wellsville High School in 1944 and of the Presbyterian School of Nursing in 1948, the bride was a registered nurse at Presbyterian Hospital, Pittsburgh. The bridegroom was a graduate from Braddock High School and Carnegie Tech in Pittsburgh and served two years in the Navy. He is employed by the West Penn Power Co.
Guests were present from Connellsville, Braddock, Pittsburgh, Brownsville, Uniontown, Pa., Cleveland, Sebring, East Liverpool, Florida and Fayetteville, Ark. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 27, 1950]
GRAHAM - HIGGINS
A ROMANCE BETWEEN step-sister and step-brother culminated in marriage last Friday for Miss Mary Louise Higgins and Clair Graham Jr. The single ring ceremony was performed by Felix Butch, justice of the peace at Lisbon.
The bride is the daughter of Mrs. Clair Graham, and the bride-groom is the son of Clair Graham, 796 Pennsylvania Ave.
The bride wore a blue crepe street-length dress. The bride-grooms father served as witness.
An informal reception for the immediate families and their friends followed at their home.
Formerly employed at the Style Dress Shop, the bride is a 1945 graduated of East Liverpool High School.
Recently discharged after serving a year and a half in the Army, the bride-groom is employed at the Crucible Steel Co., Midland.
They are residing temporarily with their parents. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 20, 1950]
HARTMAN - WILSON
The marriage of Mary Joan Wilson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph S. Wilson, 199 Penn Blvd., Mt. Lebanon, Pa., former local and Wellsville residents, to Clyde Francis Hartman Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. C. F. Hartman or Dormont, Pa., was solemnized June 30 at 7:30 o'clock in the First Presbyterian Church in Mt. Lebanon, Dr. J. Carter Swaim officiated.
The bride's mother is former Jessica Rae Murdock of Wellsville, sister of Mrs. Goldie M. Swaney of Wellsville. The bride's father is the son of the late J. S. Wilson Sr. and at one time was owner and manager of the Wilson Stationery Store on Fifth St.
A ballerina-length gown of white lace over white satin with sweetheart neckline and long tight fitting sleeves and full skirt was worn by the bride. Her bridal veil was white lace and illusion net, attached to a white satin helmet edged with orange blossoms. Her bouquet was white delphinium and white roses, with a while orchid in the center. Something old worn by the bride was a hankie belonging to her paternal grandmother, now deceased. Something borrowed was a cameo pin worn by her mother on her wedding day.
The maid of honor, Miss Laureme Hannal of Mt. Lebanon, was gowned in a pink lace, ballerina-length dress with a large matching horsehair braid hat. She carried pink roses with a large pink satin bow.
The bridesmaid, Miss Donna Williams of Dormont, wore a blue lace ballerina-length dress with large matching horsehair braid hat. She carried blue delphinium with a large satin bow.
Fred Hahn of Dormont was best man and the ushers were Fred Geuver and Richard Hellman, both of Dormont.
The bride's mother was attired in cocoa brown lace and the groom's mother wore sky blue crepe. Each had a gardenia corsage.
Following the ceremony, a reception was given in the church parlors for 200 guests. The couple is honeymooning in New York City. For going away the bride work a suit of navy blue and a navy blue hat with sea shell pink accessories.
Mr. and Mrs. Hartman will reside in Pittsburgh, where the Mr. Hartman is employed by the Gulf Oil Corp.
The bride is a graduate of Mt. Lebanon High School and attended the University of Pittsburgh. The groom attended Greenbriar Military School, is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh's School of Engineering, and was a sergeant in the U. S. Army for two years. He is a member of the Phi Delta Theta Fraternity. [Souce: The East Liverpool Review, July 17, 1950]
HAYDEN - KING
Dr. W. H. Hayden and Miss Zade King, both of Columbiana, married Sept. 10. [The Mahoning Dispatch. (Canfield, Mahoning County, Ohio), 15 Sept. 1916]
HORNER - CUNNINGHAM
MARRIAGE VOWS WERE EXCHANGED Friday night at 7:30 o'clock by Miss Martha Ellen Cunningham and Everett Horner Jr. White flowers, palms and lighted tapers formed the alter setting in St. Johns Evangelical Lutheran Church for the double ring rites performed by Rev. W. T. Wilson, pastor.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Roy Cunningham, 343 Grant St., and the bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Everett H. Horner of Beechwood.
Mrs. William Riedel Jr. presented a fifteen minute recital of traditional nuptial music.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride was attired in an aqua suit and wore white accessories. Her corsage was of yellow roses tied with white ribbon.
Miss Dorothy Horner, sister of the bridegroom, was maid of honor in a Navy suit with white accessories. Red roses former her corsage.
Roy Cunningham Jr., brother of the bride, served as best man.
Those who usered were William Reidel and Robert Heckathorn.
For her daughter's wedding, Mrs. Cunningham chose yellow with white accessories and a corsage of pink roses.
Mrs. Horner was dressed in Navy with white accessories and a corsage of white roses.
A miniature bridal couple topped the three-tiered cake at a reception for families and friends at the home of the brides parents. Mrs. Marcella Heckathorn, Mrs. William Reidel, Mrs. James Evans, Miss Hannah Franklin and Mrs. Roy Cunningham Jr., were aides.
The couple left for a few day's trip to Cleveland.
Employed in the office at Erlanger's, the bride is a 1943 graduate of East Liverpool High School
The bridegroom, who is employed as truck driver for the city, was discharged a year ago after serving three years in the Army. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 29, 1950]
JONES - CLARK
A NEIGHBORHOOD ROMANCE culminated in marriage Saturday afternoon at 4 o'clock when vows were exchanged by Miss Bonnie Clark and Donald Jones in the parsonage of First Church of Christ. Rev. D. Park Chapman performed the double ring rites.
The bride is the daughter of Mrs. Eunice Clark, 606 College St., and Albert Clark, 527 1/2 Washington St., and the bridegroom is the son of Mrs. Alice Jones, 609 College St.
The bride wore a beige suit with brown accessories and a corsage of sweet peas.
Miss Marian Clark, sister of the bride, was maid of honor in white, she also wore a corsage of sweet peas.
William Roberts, half-brother of the bridegroom, served as best man.
Thirty friends and relatives attended a reception at the home of the bride's mothers. A miniature bridal couple topped the three tiered cake.
Upon their return from a honeymoon in Milwaukee, the couple will reside with the bride's mother.
A 1946 graduate of East Liverpool High School, the bride is a beautician at the Ceramic Beauty Shop. The bridegroom is a machinist at Treawell Construction Co., in Midland. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 25, 1950]
KENT - SIMPSON
BEFORE THE ALTAR OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN in St. Aloysius Catholic Church Saturday morning at 10:30 o'clock, Miss Irene Simpson became the bride of Robert E. Kent. Rev. Fr. Homer G. Oliver, assistant pastor, officiated for the double ring rites. Ferns and larkspur formed the setting.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Clarence D. Simpson, 1041 St. George St., and the bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Kent, 609 Edgewood Ave.
Miss Lysbeth Hamill, organist, provided a recital or traditional music.
Wearing a Colonial gown of white nylon set over satin, the bride was given in marriage by her father. Long sleeves and a square ruffled-trimmed neckline highlighted the fitted bodice. The lace-inserted hoop skirt was trimmed with two tiers of flounces, which was carried out in the long train. A halo of see pearls held in place her finger-tip veil of French illusion. The orchids of her cascading bouquet were encircled with fleur d'amour and baby breath. Her only jewelry was a single strand of pearls, a gift of the bridegroom. She placed a bouquet of white lilies on the Blessed Virgin's altar.
Mrs. George Tyler, sister of the bride, was matron of honor and Miss Joan LaNeve was bridesmaid. Both were dressed in identical gowns of white net over ice blue taffeta and carried pink rose buds and baby breath.
Richard Kent served as his brother's best man.
Those who ushered were Richard Simpson, brother of the bride, and Jerry Grubert, brother-in-law of the bridegroom.
For her daughters wedding, Mrs. Simpson chose beige and green with green accessories and wore a corsage of yellow rosebuds.
Mrs. Kent wore beige with white accessories and a gardenia corsage.
A wedding breakfast for the immediate families followed at the Travelers Hotel, and approximately 150 attended a reception in the afternoon at the home of the bride's parents. Wedding bells and a miniature bridal couple topped the four-tiered caked.
The couple left for a tour of the eastern states and Canada. For traveling, the bride was attired in a white suit and green accessories. She wore the orchid from her bouquet.
They plan to reside on George St. upon their return.
A 1944 graduate of East Liverpool High School and Ohio Valley Business College, the bride is employed in the office of Edwin M. Knowles China Co. The bridegroom was graduated from East Liverpool High School with the Class of 1941 and works for the New Castle Refractories in Newell. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 18, 1950]
LASCOLA - HARGREAVES
Miss Jane Ann Hargreaves, daughter of Mrs. Marion Arnette of Eigth St., became the bride of Ronald Green, son of Mrs. Thomas LaScola of First St., at a double-ring ceremony Saturday afternoon at 5:30 o'clock in the First Presbyterian Church.
The nuptials took place amid Christmas decorations and the Rev. John C. Little, pastor, officiated.
Miss Marilyn Rumberger and Joe Corbisello attended the couple.
The bride was attired in a two-piece winter wool dress trimmed with pearls and silver sequins and black accessories. She wore an orchid. Her attendant wore aqua and black accessories.
A reception was held at the home of the bride's parents and a two-tier wedding cake centered the table. Guests at the wedding and reception were from Aliquippa, Cuyahoga Falls, Ashland and Hudson.
The bride was graduated from Wellsville High School last spring and was an operator at the East Liverpool exchange of the Ohio Bell Telephone Co.
The couple will reside in Chicago, where he is continuing his studies at the DeForest School of Television, which he entered in June. He was graduated from Wellsville High School in 1951.
[Source: The East Liverpool Review, Dec 31. 1952.]
MARTIN - REYNOLDS
Bonnie Mae Reynolds Weds In Church Rites At Elyria
GOWNED in white satin and Chantilly lace, Miss Bonna Mae Reynolds became the bride of Richard Calvin Martin Sunday afternoon at 3:30 o'clock. White gladili, palms and tapers in seven-branch candelabra formed the setting in the First Methodist Church at Elyria. Rev. James H. Sivard, pastor, performed the double ring rites.
The bride is the daughter of Mrs. Pearl Reynolds of Elyria and the bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. E. T. Martin, 1007 Smithfield St.
Mrs. Robert Hand was soloist and Mrs. C. A. Squire, organist, provided a recital of nuptial music.
H. C. Steger, uncle of the bride gave her in marriage. Her Empire style dress was fashioned with a Chantilly lace bodice and an off-shoulder effect was created with a yoke of net. Long matching mitts were worn and panels of matching lace trimmed the skirt highlighted with a long train and the same panel effect.
Her finger tip veil of imported illusion was held in place by a satin cap edged in Chantilly lace. She carried a bouquet of stephanotis and observed the traditional "something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue".
Miss Sara Young of McDonald, Pa., sorority sister of the bride, was maid of honor and bridesmaids were Miss Marilyn Martin of East Liverpool, sister of the bridegroom, Miss Claire McIntyre of Elyria, and Mrs. D. M. Brevoort of Chicago, college classmates of the bride.
All were dressed in ice blue tulle with a lace bodice fashioned with a bertha collar and lace capes. They wore matching hats and mitts and carried purple asters tied with matching ribbon.
Richard Crawford served as best man. Ushers were Harry Martin, Edward Martin and Dan Martin, all brothers of the bridegroom.
A reception for 150 followed in the church social rooms. White gladioli and blue delphiniums encircled the three tiered cake decorated with white roses.
Mrs. Reynolds chose black sheer marquisette over rose beige with black accessories and her corsage was of pink carnations.
Mrs. Martin was attired in gray lace with black accessories and wore a coursage of Rubrum lilies.
The couple left for a two week honeymoon in Canada. For traveling the bride wore a white suit with black velvet accessories.
Upon their return, the couple will reside in Cleveland.
A teacher at Neville School last year, the bride attended William & Mary College and is a graduate of Muskingum College at New Concord. She is a member of Pi Gammu Mu and Delta Gamma Theta Social Sorority. Last summer she made a student tour of Europe. She plans to teach in Cleveland this fall.
The bridegroom received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry and Biology in June at Muskingum. He was a member of the "Stag Club". Upon completion of his studies he will be associated with his father in business.
Among those from East Liverpool attending were Mrs. Harry L. Martin, Dr. and Mrs. Arthur A. Turner and children, Carolee and Arthur, Mr. and Mrs. Curtis Patterson, Mrs. Lydia Crawford, Mr. and Mrs. John L. Robins, Miss Dorothy Hist, George Pugh and James Cramer. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 31, 1950]
MCCULLOUGH - CHAMBERLIN
Betty Chamberlin Weds Grid Star, R. G. McCullough
Announcement has been made of the marriage of Miss Betty Lou Chamberlin ot Robert Glenn "Pete" McCullough.
The ceremony took place April 8 in Lisbon, with Rev. Paul Gerrard of the Presbyterian Church officiating.
She is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. L. E. Chamberlain of Calcutta and the bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Glenn McCullough, 339 Garfield St.
Miss Ruth Chamberlin, sister of the bride, and Richard McCullough, brother of the bridegroom, were attendants.
Both are 1949 graduates of East Liverpool High School, where Mr. McCullough starred in the backfield on the football team. Mr. McCullough is a sophomore at Columbia University in New York City. He is majoring in electrical engineering. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 31, 1950]
MCDOWELL - HAUDENSCHILT
NUPTIALS AT 7:30 O'CLOCK Thursday night in the parsonage of the Orchard Grove Community Methodist Church united Miss Ann Haudenschilt, daughter of Mrs. Ruth Buzzard of Monroe St., and William McDowell, son of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph McDowell of McKea Ave.
Rev. David W. Skeen, the pastor, performed the single-ring rites in the presence of the immediate families and friends.
The bride wore a white single-breasted gabardine suit with matching accessories and a corsage of white carnations.
Her matron of honor, Mrs. William Chambers, wore a poudre blue silk print street-length dress with white accessories, and her corsage was of ten roses. Mr. Chambers served as Mr. McDowell's best man.
Immediately following the ceremony, a reception for the wedding party and friends was held at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Chambers, 258 Drain St., where the bride has resided for the past four years.
Vases of summer flowers and a three-tierd wedding cake topped with a miniature bridal pair decorated the bride's table. Mr. and Mrs. Emory Cain, foster parents of the bride, and Mr. and Mrs. John Cain and son, Jackie, all of Conway, were guests.
The newlyweds left for New Castle, Ind., to make their home. For traveling, the bride was attired in a brown rayon gabardine suit with white accessories and her carnation corsage.
She is a graduate of the Conway High School. Her husband a graduate of East Liverpool High School, served 36 months in the Army during World War II, including 30 months in England, and is employed at the Perfect Circle Foundry in New Castle. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 17, 1950]
MCINTOSH - MCDONALD
Married - On Thursday, 12 June 1851 last, by the Rev. John Moore, Alexander S. McIntosh and Jeannet McDonald, all of Madison Township, Columbiana County, Ohio
Following a wedding trip through southern states, Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Adams are residing with the bride's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Oliver Lutton of Dewey Ave. Their nuptials took place July 16 at 1:30 o'clock at the home of Rev. Thomas Smith in Marietta, Ga., who performed the double ring rites.
Mrs. Adams is the former Miss Ileen Lutton and the bridegroom is the son of Mrs. Roberta Whitcomb, 753 Ohio Ave., Midland, and Cecil Adams of Wellsville.
For her wedding, the bride chose a white street-length dress with matching accessories and a corsage of white lilies.
Mrs. Gladys Harries of Gainesville, Fla., was matron of honor in a pink dress with white accessories.
Corporal Orrie Lutton, uncle of the bride, served as best man.
Mrs. Evelyn Lutton or Marietta, Ga., and Delwyn Harris of Gainesville were also present.
The bride is employed in the warehouse at Taylor, Smith & Taylor Co., Chester, and the bridegroom works at Crucible Steel Co. in Midland. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 27, 1950]
METZGER - FROSCH
Patricia Joy Frosch Wed In Nuptials At Joliet, Ill.
OF INTEREST TO LOCAL residents is the announcement of the marriage of Miss Patricia Joy Frosch to Richard Price Metzger. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Albert Frosch of Joliet, Ill., former East Liverpool residents.
Her husband is the son of Mr. and Mrs. John W. Metzger of Decatur, Ill.
The nuptials took place June 25 in the First Presbyterian Church, Joliet, with Rev. Arthur W. Hoffman, pastor, officiating.
Gowned in a ballerina-length dress of blue embroidered organdy the bride was given in marriage by her father. a matching Juliet cap held in place her veil of ice blue illusion net. Lilies of the valley and fluer d'amour formed her bouquet.
Miss Jay Prudent of St. Clairsville was maid of honor and Miss Mary Ann Davis of Joliet, and Miss Frances Worling of Lake Villa were bridesmaids. All are sorority sisters of the bride.
Jack Goldman of Decatur was best man and ushers included Harold Bosten of Chicago, and Hamilton Riddle of Mattoon.
They are residing at Mattoon after a honeymoon at Port Huron, Mich. Both are graduates of the University of Illinois. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 18, 1950]
MOLYNEAUX - KEAGY
In an informal service last Tuesday afternoon at 3:30 in the First Presbyterian Church of Canton, Mrs. Robert L. Keagy, the former Grace Elizabeth Hogue of Salineville, was married to Rev. David E. Molyneaux of Flint, Mich.
Simple arrangements of palms, fern and candelabra were used at the altar, where Rev. Clifford A. Barbour of Knoxville, Tenn., and Rev. George Parkinson officiated.
Daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Howard Hogue of Salineville, the bride chose a ballerina gown of delicate pale pink net over taffeta.
Mrs. Earl Rogers of Summitville was her sister's only attendant.
Rev. James H. Brown of Defiance served as best man and James Smallwood of Akron, and Ray Siver of Salem ushered.
Music for the service was presented by Miss Anna Cook of Salem at the organ. She accompanied Miss Jean Thalner who sang.
After a reception in the church the couple left for a brief stay in Chicago before leaving for Europe next week on a month long honeymoon.
After Aug 20 they will be at home at 922 Beard St., Flint, where Rev. Molyneaux will resume his pastorate at the Flint First Presbyterian Church. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 18, 1950]
MORRIS - CREAMER
Christmas Eve Rites Unite Shirley Creamer, R. D. Morris.
Marriage vows were exchanged, on Christmas Eve by Miss Shirley Jean Creamer and Richard D. Morris in the Boyce Methodist Church. The Rev. Paul Bailey, pastor officiated.
The bride is the daughter of E. L. Creamer, 1752 Pennsylvania Ave., and the bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Ray Morris of Sixth St., Chester.
A light blue street-length dress with dark blue accessories was worn by the bride and her corsage was of white carnations. Her rhinestone necklace was a gift from the bridegroom.
Miss Patty Morris, sister of the bridegroom, was maid of honor in an aqua dress with a corsage of pink flowers.
Ray Handey served as best man.
A reception followed at the home of the bride's father. After a brief honeymoon in Cleveland, the couple will reside with her father.
She is employed at Rapport's Dress Shop and her husband, a 1951 graduate of Chester High School, works at the Taylor, Smith & Taylor Co. [Source: the East Liverpool Review, Dec. 31, 1952]
NESSLEY - NORTON
MARRIED, On Tuesday morning last, by the Rev. John C. Tidball, Mr. Samuel Nessley, of Columbiana County, to Miss Catharine, daughter of Mr. Thomas Norton, of this place. [Wednesday, June 15, 1831; Jefferson Democrat and Farmers' and Mechanics' Advocate (Steubenville, Ohio) Page: 3]
OTT - ROSENBERGER
Ira Ott of Cleveland and Mrs. Irene Rosenberger of Columbiana were married in Lisbon Monday. [The Mahoning dispatch. (Canfield, Mahoning County, Ohio), 14 July 1916]
PATTON - HAND
Announcement is made of the marriage of Miss Mildred A. Hand, 1145 Main St., and R. Earl Patton, 1149 Main St., performed July 18 by Rev. Charles M. Tyndell, rector of Christ Episcopal Church at Winchester, Va.
The couple has returned from a trip through the Southeastern states.
Mrs. Patton is employed in the office of the Edwin M. Knowles China Co. at Newell and Mr. Patton is employed with the McLain Fire Brick Co.
They will reside at 1149 Main st. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 31, 1950]
PELOSO - ADAMS
Miss Betty Joyce Adams, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Bruce Adams of Kenilworth, became the bride of William Peloso of Cleveland in a ceremony performed Dec. 20 at Richmond, Ind.
The Rev. William Duga, pastor, officiated at the rites held at St. Mary's Catholic Church.
The bride, 1948 graduate of Wells High School, was graduated from Ohio Valley Business College and has been employed in the invoice department of the Crucible Steel Co. at Midland.
Her husband is a carpenter at the Cadillac Corp. at Cleveland, where the couple now resides. [Source: the East Liverpool Review, Dec. 31, 1952]
RALSTON - LITTLE
ANNOUNCEMENT IS MADE of the marriage of Mrs. Edna Sims Little to David H. Ralston. The single-ring rites took place Sunday afternoon at 1 o'clock in the parsonage of the Methodist Church, Midland. Rev. Charles Stewart, pastor, officiated.
Mrs. Little is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Sims, 1845 Main St., Wellsville, and the bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Harry B. Ralston of Smiths Ferry.
The bride chose an aqua organdy street-length dress with white accessories and wore an orchid.
They were unattended.
The bridegroom is a graduate of Midland High School with the class of 1940 and works for Crucible Steel Co.
They are residing at 457 Mulberry St. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 20, 1950]
SAMBOL - SCHOLL
Mr and Mrs. James F. Scholl of Midland Ave. announce the marriage of their daughter, Beatrice Delores, to James J. Sambol, Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. James J. Sambol of Aliquippa.
The ceremony was performed June 26 in the Elwood City Methodist Church by Rev. H. V. Leland, a former pastor of the local Methodist Church.
The bride wore a ballerina-length dress of white nylon marquisette fashioned with a high neckline, cap sleeves, fitted bodice and full skirt. Her tiny hat was covered with white flowers and green veiling. She wore a corsage of mixed flowers. Her rhinestone bracelet was a gift of the bridegroom.
Miss Shirley Montgomery was maid of honor. She wore a green marquisette dress of ballerina-length and a corsage of yellow rosebuds.
Neil Scholl, brother of the bride, was the best man.
The bride is a graduate of Midland High School. She completed a two-year secretarial course at Geneva College and is employed in the order and shipping department at the Crucible Steel Co.
The bridegroom was graduated from Aliquippa High School. He and his father operate a service station in Aliquippa.
The newlyweds are residing in Beaver. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 27, 1950]
SANTAMARINO - ROWLEY
Wellsville Couple Exchanges Vows Christmas Eve
In the parsonage of the Evangelical United Brethern Church at Wellsville on Christmas Eve marriage vows were exchanged by Miss Frances Rowley and Leroy Santamarino. Her paternal grandmother was a charter member of the church, and the Rev. L. R. Carothers, pastor officiated.
The bride is the daughter of Mrs. Ethel Rowley of Buckeye Ave. Wellsville and the late George Rowley and the bridegroom is hte son of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Santamarino of 10th St., Wellsville
A coral color ballerina-length gown was worn by the bride with white accessories. She wore a corsage of white rosebuds and her rhinestone necklace was a gift from the bridegroom.
Mr. and Mrs. Harry Fraser sister and brother-in-law, of the bride, were attendants and she chose a beige dress with black and gold accessories. Red rosebuds formed her corsage.
After a brief trip to Michigan, the couple will reside on W. Third St. East Liverpool.
The bride is a 1951 graduate of Wellsville High School and is employed at the Genuine Parts Co. Her husband works at the Crucible Steel Co. at Midland. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, Dec. 29, 1952]
SHOUB - MACLEAN
Miss Margaret A. MacLean Marries William J. Shoub
TWO OF THE older families of Wellsville were joined when Miss Margaret Ann MacLean, daughter of Wilbur L. MacLean of Riverside Ave., and William J. Shoub, son of Mr.and Mrs. Earl G. Shoub of Broadway, were united in marriage Sunday afternoon at 4:30 o'clock in the First Presbyterian Church at Wellsville.
The double ring nuptials were performed before an altar banked with palms, white gladiolus and two seven-branch candelabra bearing lighted tapers. Dr. S. W. Beltler of Erie, Pa., former pastor of the church, assisted by Rev. John C. Little, pastor, solemnized the marriage.
Escorted to the altar by her father, the bride wore a gown of white frosted organdy styled with a scalloped bertha neckline and a ruffled skirt ending in a chapel train. Her veil was held in place by a bonnet of the same material as the dress. She carried a bouquet of spray orchids and lily of the valley and white orchids. For something old, the bride wore a pearl ring which belonged to her paternal grandmother.
The matron-of honor, Mrs. Bianca Bacon of Lisbon, cousin of the bride, wore a green frosted organdy dress and carried a bouquet of white carnations and yellow roses. She wore a tiara of yellow roses.
Mrs. Dorothy Rose and Miss Gretchen Eckfeld, cousins of the bride, and Miss Ann Shoub, sister of the bridegroom, who served as bridesmaids, were attired in identical dresses of white organdy over yellow taffeta. They also carried bouquets of white carnations and yellow roses and wore yellow roses in their hair.
The bride's aunt, Mrs. A. D. Dorrance of Alliance, wore a pink crepe dress with blue accessories and a corsage of pink roses. The bridegroom;s mother's dress was blue with white accessories and her corsage was of pink roses.
The bridegroom's father was the best man and ushers were Homer Ferguson, George Curry and James McDevitt, cousins of the bridegroom and Norman Eckfeld, cousin of the bride.
A recital preceded the ceremony, Mrs. Darlene Minford of Pittsburgh, sorority sister of the bride at Denison University in Granville, singing "I Love You Truly", "Because", "Always" and "O, Promise Me" and Mrs. Winifred Neitz, organist playing several selections including "Liebestraum", "Ich Leibe Dich" and "Kameradi Ostrow"
A reception was held at the home of the bride's father following the ceremony. Hostesses were Mrs. Dante Lavelli of Cleveland, Mrs. David Holloway of Columbiana, mrs. Walter Shoub of Huntington, Mrs. John Cochran of Detroit and Mrs. Norman Eckfeld.
Fro traveling, the bride wore a rose suit with brown accessories and a corsage of white orchids. Following an eastern trip, the young couple will reside at 529 Riverside Ave.
Guest were present from Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cincinnati, Canton, Alliance, Huntington, Detroit, Wheeling, Harvey, Ill., Steubenville and Columbians. [Source: the East Liverpool Review, August 1, 1950]
STANLEY - HILL
The Methodist Church was the scene of nuptials at 2 o'clock Friday afternoon, uniting Miss Eugenia Hill, daughter of Mrs. Lucille Hill of Birmingham, Ala., and Howard Stanley, son of Mrs. W. L. Stanley Worrell of Eupora, Miss.
Rev. M. V. Stone, pastor, officiated for the double-ring ceremony.
The bride wore a gown of embroidered white organdy, designed with a low scalloped neckline, cap sleeves, a wide sash and a full, gathered ballerina-length skirt, lavishly embroidered at the hemline.
She wore a single strand of pearls a gift of the bridegroom, and her fingertip veil or nylon net was caught in place by a bandeau of orange blossoms. Her flowers were a corsage of orchids.
Mrs. Robert Pyle was her sister's matron of honor in a ballerina-length gown of Navy blue eyelet with a sweetheart neckline, cap sleeves and a full skirt. She wore matching accessories and a corsage of gardenias. Donald Brooks was best man.
A reception for the wedding party followed at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Brooks, 1228 St. George St., East Liverpool, where a three-tiered cake, topped with a miniature bridal couple, centered the bride's table. Mr. and Mrs. Taylor E. Loar of Hanover were guests.
The couple left for a brief motor trip through Ohio and Pennsylvania and Mrs. Stanley was attired in a yellow linen dress with white accessories and her orchid corsage.
The newlyweds plan to make their home at 240 Carolina Ave. The bridegroom is a member of the dredge crew employed near New Cumberland by the Iron City and Sand & Gravel Co. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 18, 1950]
WEST - PANSY
In a gown of her own creation, Miss Ann Rita Pansy became the bride of Richard Gordon West in a single-ring ceremony, Saturday, July 15, in the Presentation Catholic Church.
Rites were performed by Rev. Paul P. Leger before an altar decorated with bouquets of while flowers and ferns.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and mrs. Ross Guy Pansy of Inglewood, Calif., former residents here. The bridegroom is a son of Mr. and Mrs. Gordon E. West of Los Angeles.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride wore a white satin gown with yoke, long pointed sleeves and peplum of effect of Chantilly lace. The scalloped neckline and long train were of silk. She carried a cascade bouquet of eight white orchids. Her tiny rhinestone earrings were a gift of the bridegroom.
Miss Lena Moniello of New Haven, Conn., a cousin of the bride, was maid of honor. She wore a Nile green gown and carried a bouquet of red roses.
The bridesmaids were Misses Mary Pichelli, Louise Glovanelli and Evenlyn Borato, all of Midland, Mary Menich and Jean Robertson of Inglewood, and Rose Rivelli of Wellsville. They wore pastel orchid gowns with matching picture hats.
The bride designed her attendants' gowns.
Francis Fanfera was the best man. The ushers were Daniel Borato, Jess Bernardi, Anthony Pantoni, Fritz Grant, Joe Giambroni and Alfred Cilli. Anthony Schuster of Sharpsburg was ring bearer.
A dinner for 150 guests was given at the Club Belvedere following the ceremony, and 500 attended a reception that night in the Croation Hall.
The bride attended Midland High School, and was graduated from Inglewood High School and El Camino College. She is a dental assistant and a receptionist in Inglewood.
The bridegroom is a graduate of Horace Mann School in Los Angeles and is a purchasing agent for the Keene Pipe & Supply Co. there. Following a wedding trip to the east, the newlyweds will reside in Inglewood. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 25, 1950]
ZUBEL - MILLS
Miss Phyllis Beth Mills wore her grandmother's pearl brooch at her wedding Sunday afternoon to Ambrose D. Zubel of Wheeling. The open church nuptials were solemnized at 3 o'clock in the Chester Methodist Church. Rev. Merrill V. Stone, pastor, performed the double-ring rites before an altar of white flowers, palms ferns and lighted tapers.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. D. M. Mills, 319 Grant St.
Mrs. Elmer Kell, organist, provided a half-hour recital of traditional wedding music and Mrs. Harold Hall, aunt of the bride was soloist
The bride wore a gown of Chantilly lace over nylon net and was given in marriage by her father. A nylon net yoke edged with a ruffle of matching lace fashioned the fitted bodice with long sleeves. A Basque waist highlighted the full skirt and short train.
Her three-quarter-length veil of illusion fell from a Juliet cap of Chantilly lace. She carried a cascading bouquet of gardenias.
Mrs. William Van Fossan, maid of honor, wore ice blue nylon net over matching taffeta. She wora a matching net headband and carried yellow, blue and lavender tinted carnations.
Miss Patty Sullivan of Moundsville, roommate and sorority sister of the bride, and Miss Rebecca Wilson of Clarksburg, sorority sister, were bridesmaids in smilar dresses of poudre blue. They carried tinted carnations of blue, yellow and lavender.
Charles Knabe of Wheeling served as best man and Harold Hall of Canton, Orville Johnson of Chester, and Jack Smith of Philadelphia were ushers.
Mrs. Mills chose a poudre blue gown of lace with matching hat and corsage of white gardenias.
Mrs. Michael Kumpar of Wheeling, sister of the bridegroom wore Navy, with a gardenia corsage.
Two hundred attended the reception following at the Travelers Hotel and a miniature bridal couple topped the four-tiered wedding cake. Aides were Miss Patricia McGown of Newell, Miss Lou Roderick of Weirton, and Miss Shirley Almond of Toronto, all sorority sisters.
For their Eastern honeymoon the bride wore a dashia and white Jersey dress with a dashia hat and a gardenia corsage.
Until fall the couple will reside at 317 Grant St., and both will begin teaching duties at Welch W. Va.
A graduate of Wells High School, the bride received her Bachelor of Science Degree in June from West Virginia University, Morgantown. She was a Home Economics major and a member of Alpha Xi Delta Sorority.
The bridegroom is a Physical Education Major and received his Bachelor of Science Degree in June at West Virginia University. He is a member of Sigma Nu Fraternity.
Pre-nuptial events for the bride included a buffet supper Friday night at the home of Mrs. Claude Mills, 210 Jefferson St., with Mrs. Wallace Geer Co-hostess.
Yellow daisies and bridal wreaths were the theme in decorations with yellow daisies corsages for each guest.
Aides were Miss Carol Jividen and Miss Joby Young.
Games preceded dessert and winners were Mrs. Gorden Skelton and Mrs. Vanfossan. Guests included Miss Wilson, Miss Sullivan, Miss Almond, Miss Lou Roderick and Mrs. Harold Hall.
A party followed rehearsal Saturday night at the home of the bride's grandmother, Mrs. Alice Springer, 314 Indiana Ave., Chester. Mrs. Hall and Mrs. Johnson, aunts of the bride, were hostesses.
Twenty-five were present and pink and white color scheme in flowers decorate the table. [Source: The East Liverpool Review, July 24, 1950]
BACK -- HOME
Copyright © Genealogy Trails