Abraham Sells was for more than half a century a resident of Coshocton county. His father's family located very early in the century near New Comerstown. Abraham learned his trade of cabinet making at Marietta, and set up in Coshocton in 1814. he was for some time a justice of the peace, and also coroner of the county. He died September 22, 1869, in his seventy-sixth year. His widow, now about his age at death, resides in Coshocton with her son B.F. Sells.
["Historical Collections of Coshocton county, Ohio", 1876 - SW — Sub by FoFG]
DR. W. B. SQUIRE, Worthington, was born in Coshocton County, Ohio, January 17, 1830, a son of Samuel and Jane (Stilwell) Squire, who were natives respectively of Vermont and West Virginia. Both sides of the family are of English extraction, their advent in America dating previous to the Revolutionary war. The Stilwells first settled on, Staten Island and the Squires in Vermont. Members of each family served in the early Indian wars, and also in both wars with Great Britain. In 1813, Bradley Squire removed with his family from Vermont to Coshocton County, Ohio, where he embarked in agricultural pursuits and passed the remainder of his days. This man was the father of Samuel Squire, and grandfather of Dr. W. B. Squire, of Worthington. Samuel Squire was a farmer throughout life, and to him and wife were born four sons and four daughters.. Both he and wife are now dead. W. B. Squire was raised on a farm, his early years being passed in the common schools, and at the age of sixteen years he began his career as a public instructor. When eighteen years old, he began the study of medicine, and in February, 1856, graduated from the Cincinnati School of Medicine. In the meantime (1855), he had come to Greene County, Ind., located where Jasonville now is, and, laying out that village, named it in honor of Jason Rodgers, a merchant of the place. In July, 1861, he helped recruit what afterward became Company F, Thirty-first Indiana Volunteer Infantry, but after serving about seven months he was compelled to resign his commission on account of illness. In 1863, he re-enlisted, and was made Surgeon of the Fourteenth Regiment, which position he held until the close of the war. He had moved to Worthington in 1862, and on his return from the army began the practice of medicine, at which he has ever since continued to a greater or less extent. In 1871, he embarked in the drug trade, and in addition to this he opened a dry goods store in 1877, and in both branches of trade is doing a first-class business. Dr. Squire and Miss Rebecca J. Thrasher were married in 1852, and four children blessed them--Azubia J., Samuel F., E. Byrd and Ida May The mother was a native of Clark County, Ohio, and her death occurred in Greene County, Ind., in 1871. Mrs. Hattie A. Walker became Mrs. Dr. Squire in 1872, and Ethel L. is the only child burn to this union. Mrs. Squire was born at New tonville, Mass., in 1841. Dr. Squire has always voted the Whig and Republican tickets, but has never aspired to any political prominence, preferring to confine his entire attention to private business matters. He is a Mason and a K. of P., and is a member of the Methodist Episcopal Church.
[Source: History of Greene and Sullivan Counties, state of Indiana: from the earliest time to the present, together with interesting biographical sketches, reminiscences, notes, etc. Chicago: Goodspeed Bros. & Co., 1884] —