Preble County Ohio Genealogy and History
Gossip and Visiting News
We understand that George Wikle intends about the first of May, to remove to West Alexandria, Preble county, Ohio. He has purchased property in that village where he expects to continue the sale of dry goods. He will carry with him our best wishes for his health and prosperity. [Connersville Examiner, 7 Apr 1869, KT - Sub by FoFG]
Mrs. Dr. Garner is visiting friends at West Elkton, Preble County, Ohio. [The Highland Weekly News, (Hillsborough, Highland County, Ohio), July 12, 1882, p 8, - PT - Tr. by FOFG]
G.W. Daugherty, of Eaton, was here today. [Hamilton Daily Democrat 25 Feb 1890 - KT - sub by FoFG]
September 11, 1937
- Mr. and Mrs. E.L. Travis left Thursday on an automobile trip to California and Oregon. While in Oregon they will visit Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Fudge at Portland.
- Mrs. Anna Price, operator in the Camden telephone exchange, is enjoying a vacation from her duties this week. Mrs. Frank Frau is filling her place.
- Miss Dorothy Coombs and sister Dr. Vera Iher, Hamilton, have returned from a trip to Spring Lake near Grand Haven, Mich.
- Mr. and Mrs. Deloss Call and sons have returned from a visit with relatives in Missouri.
- Mr. and Mrs. Emmett Perkins attended the Montgomery county fair at Dayton, Wednesday.
- Miss Kathryn Kiracofe of Eaton, who will sail from New York October 1 for India, will give an address in the Gratis Church of the Brethren Sunday night. REv. William Deaton, pastor, will give the sermon at the morning service. Miss Kiracofe will do missionary work while in India.
[Hamilton Daily News Journal, September 11, 1937, Page 10 - KT - Sub by FoFG]
May 10, 1893
- Aunt Sallie Lockwood is visiting friends in Richmond this week.
- Judge Hume, of Hamilton, was in Eaton on legal business yesterday.
- Mrs. I. N. Welsh was in Cincinnati on Monday.
- Mrs. Young and her son leave this week for a trip to Kansas.
- Oscar Sheppard, of West Alexandria, was in Eaton on legal business this week.
- Mr. Perry, of Columbus, was at Hotel Bonner yesterday.
- The L. L. A. boys will have an open meeting at their rooms in the Odd Fellows' building Wednesday evening. The following invitation has been sent out- You are cordially invited to attend the Open Meeting of the L. L. A. at their rooms in IOOF block. Eaton, Ohio, May 10, 1893, at 7:30 pm By order of committee
- Mr. Ben Lockwood says if he did not get the first or the booby prize, at the archery party at Mrs. Welsh's, he was there all the same and made a few fine shots.
- Mr. Webber, the insurance agent, spent Tuesday in Eaton on some special business.
["Hamilton Daily Republican" (Hamilton, Ohio) Wednesday, 10 May 1893; MZ - Transcribed by FoFG]
BACK -- HOME
Copyright ©Genealogy Trails