Last Will and Testement of Jacob Siegel
[Spelling is as it is on documents - Contributed to Genealogy Trails by Norita Moss]
In the name of the Benovelent Father of all I Jacob Siegel of Shelby County State of Ohio do make and publish this my last will and testiment.
(1) First it is my will that my just debts and all charges be paid out of my Estate.
(2) Seckond it is my will that Fifty Dollars Shall be taken from my Estate and Shall be used for Holy Masses and Erect a Tumb Stone on my grave.
(3) Third i give and devise to my daugter Regina Brucken or her Heirs out of my Estate the sum of Five Hundred and fifty Dollars $550.00/100.
(4) Fourth i give and devise to my daughter Chatarina Brown or her Heirs out of my Estate the sum of Two Hundred Dollars $200.00/10.
(5) Fifth i give and devise to my Son Ferdinand Siegel or his Heirs out of my Estate the sum of Two Hundred Dollars $200.00/100.
(6) Sixth i give and devise to my Son Reinhard Siegel or his Heirs out of my Estate the sum of Five Dollars $5.00/100.
(7) Seventh i give and devise to my Son Philipp Siegel or his Heirs out of my Estate the sum of Five Dollars $5.00/100.
(8) Eight it is my will after all the above has been fully complied with as it says, if there Should be Some money left it is my will that it Shall be eaqually devidet amongst my childer or their Heirs.
(9) Ninth it is my wish that Anton Brucken shall be my lawful administrator of my estate.
In testimony heareof i have heareunto Set my hand and Seal this 21st day of January. A.D. 1879.
Signd and acknowledged by Said Jacob Siegel as his last Will and testiment in our presence: and Signd by us in his presence
J. H. Rottinghaus
Application To Probate Will
In the Probate Court Shelby County, Ohio. Jacob Siegel deceased. To the Honorable the Judge of said Court. And now comes J. H. Rottinghause and produces for admission to Probate in said Court, the Last Will and Testament of Jacob Siegel late a resident of the Township of McLean in said County, who died A.D. 1880.
Said will was not deposited during the lifetime of the Testator, in the office of the Judge of the Probate Court of said County, for safe-keeping, as allowed by law. Said Testator died leaving no widow and the following persons, all of his next of kin resident in the State of Ohio.
NAME - DEGREE OF KINSHIP - P.O. ADDRESS:
Ferdinand Siegel son Wainsfield, Auglaize County, O.
Philip Siegel son McCartysvill Shelby Co. O.
Reignhart Siegel son Loramie PO Shelby Co. O.
Regena Brucken daughter Loramie PO Shelby Co. O.
Catharine Brown daughter Plesent Hill Miami Co. O.
ADMITTED TO PROBATE the 4th day of May 1880
Attest:______ Wymann probate Judge
Journal No 2 Page 152; Recorded in Record No 2 Page 492 Doc No 2 Page 176