Harry Bells To Observe Golden Wedding Sunday
Mr. and Mrs. Harry E. Bell, of Miami, Florida, will observe their fiftieth wedding anniversary, Sunday, August 18 at the home of Mrs. Bell's brother and sister-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Temple, 129 W. Ottawa St., Richwood. Open house will be observed from 2 until 5 p.m. when friends may call.
Mrs. Bell is the former Naomi Temple, daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Temple, of Jackson Township. Mr. Bell is the only son of the late Mr. and Mrs. David Bell, of Bell's Corner, near LaRue. They were the parents of one daughter, Mrs. Ruth Chauncy who passed away ten years ago in Miami.
The Bells were married in the Baptist parsonage in West Mansfield, Ohio, by the Rev. Sutton. They began housekeeping in LaRue where Mr. Bell was a barber. Several years later they moved to Battle Creek, Michigan. For the past twenty years they have resided in Miami. [The Richwood Gazette (Richwood, Ohio) August 15, 1957 - submitted by Ida Maack Recu]
CAMERON FAMILY REUNION
Held at Marysville on Tuesday, August 25 – Sixty-Two Members Present.
W. D. Cameron and wife, C. C. Cameron and wife, B. H. Mattison, C. A. White and wife, Ellsworth Reed and wife and J. M. White, wife and baby, of Richwood, were in Marysville, Tuesday, August 25, in attendance at the Cameron family reunion. The reunion was held at the F. M. Cameron home and sixty-two members of the family were present.
The Cameron family is one of the pioneer families of Union county, the first family, Joseph and Sarah Cameron, having moved to the state in its earliest days. When dinner time came two long tables were spread on the lawn at which places for more than fifty guests were fixed. Nearby a large family dining table was prepared for the older members of the family, Mrs. E. A. Millikin, J. L. Cameron, Mrs. Carrie Blake, Mrs. Mary Cameron, W. D. Cameron and wife and F. M. Cameron and wife. Later in the afternoon ice cream, cake, and melon and lemonade were served to the company.
It had been twenty-five years since the Cameron family had held a reunion so many of the members had died and many new ones added. A group picture of the company was taken. The officers elected were: Pres., J. L. Cameron; sec’y, W. D. Cameron. The 1915 reunion will be held at the W. D. Cameron home in Richwood. [The Richwood Gazette, September 3, 1914 - Sub by Ida Maack Recu]
THE CAMERON HOME
On East Bomford Street is the Scene of a Delightful Gathering Last Tuesday.
The home of Mr. and Mrs. W. D. Cameron, on east Bomford street was the scene of a most delightful family gathering last Tuesday, when the second annual reunion of the Cameron family was enjoyed by seventy-six members of that well known family.
The guests began to arrive early in the morning and all spent a most delightful day together. At the noon hour a delicious dinner was served which was heartily enjoyed by all present. The Cameron family is one of the pioneer families of this section and the following relatives were present from a distance: Robert Blake, and wife, Mrs. J. Allen Price, Sr., C. G. Cameron, of Indianapolis, Ind., Charles Millikan, wife and son, of Athens, Mr. and Mrs. C. L. Johnson and William Millikan, of Cleveland; Frank Millikan and wife, of Columbus; Mrs. E. A. Millikan, Edward Millikan, and sons, and Miss Mae Millikan, of Bellefontaine; Jesse Warrick, son and daughter, A. E. Reed and wife, and Mr. and Mrs. Earl Reece, of Marion, William Warrick and family, Jay Holloway, wife and son, and Mrs. Sarah Warrick, of Lunda; F. M. Cameron, wife and son, Virgil, J. L. Cameron, Mrs. Mabel Thrall and children, and Mrs. Josephine Dolbear and daughter, of Marysville; Merrill Cameron, wife and son, and Mrs. Carrie Blake, of Urbana; D. L. Foster wife and children, of Marion, Indiana.
The reunion next year will be held at the home of Mrs. Carrie Blake, at Urbana, August 17. At an organization meeting held in the afternoon, J. L. Cameron, was elected president and W. D. Cameron, secretary. [The Richwood Gazette, August 19, 1915 - Sub by Ida Maack Recu]
REUNION HELD AT M. M. CAMERON HOME SUNDAY
Sunday, August 28, will be a day to be remembered by the Johnson-Cameron clan, when one-hundred and twenty-eight relatives and friends gathered to spend the day and renew old acquaintances at the country home of Mr. and Mrs. M. M. Cameron, southwest of Richwood. The day being ideal for the occasion the long tables were spread on the beautiful lawn. After grace was extended by Rev. P. L. Lafferty, everyone present did justice to the bountiful dinner that adorned the tables.
In the afternoon a fine program of music, recitations and talks were given by Orson Smith, of Plain City; W. W. Moehn, of Pharisburg and M. M. Cameron. The program was presented through a loud speaker from the front porch. Later in the afternoon ice cream was served and everyone thought they had spent a day long to be remembered. Guests were present from Forest, Warren, Cleveland, Middletown, Green camp, LaRue, Marysville, Plain City, Peoria, Marion, W. Mansfield, Broadway, Pharisburg, Byhalia and York. [The Richwood Gazette, September 1, 1938 - Sub by Ida Maack Recu]
The Dysert reunion was held Memorial Day at the J. W. Dysert home. Forty-five members of the family were present from Grove Coty, Marion, Mansfield, Bellefontaine, Zanesville, East Liberty, Richwood, Essex and Claiborne. [The Richwood Gazette, June 2, 1932 - submitted by Ida Maack Recu]
Mr. and Mrs. Leo Morrison and children attended the Dysert reunion at Richwood, Sunday.[The Richwood Gazette, September 7, 1933 - submitted by Ida Maack Recu]
ATTEND DYSERT REUNION
Mr. and Mrs. Fred J. Isles and Mr. and Mrs. Russell Tinkey and three children, of Mansfield, were in Richwood, Sunday, in attendance at the Dysert reunion at the home of Mrs. Ola Cameron, on South Clinton street. Mr. Isles and family lived in the property now owned by Mr. and Mrs. Frank Harger. Mrs. Isles is a sister of Mrs. Ola Cameron.[The Richwood Gazette, June 4, 1936 - submitted by Ida Maack Recu]
The Dysert reunion was held at the residence of Mrs. Ola Cameron, Thursday. Those present were Mrs. Ethel Reams and daughter, of Pickereltown; Mrs. Mary Sivey, of East Liberty; Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Holmes, of Grove City; Mr. and Mrs. Russell Finky [Finkey] and children and Mrs. Anna Isles, of Mansfield; Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Dysert and son and Florence Dysert, of Arbela; Mr. and Mrs. James Gamble and daughter, of Mt. Victory and Miss Betty Shirk, of LaRue. Afternoon callers were Mr. and Mrs. Harry Dysert, of Richwoood; Mrs. Leo Morrison and daughter, of Green Camp and Mrs. James Huffman and son, of Essex. A very nice program was enjoyed in the afternoon after which Mrs. Ola Cameron returned home with Mrs. Mary Sivey. [The Richwood Gazette, June 6, 1940 - submitted by Ida Maack Recu]
HOLD REUNION -- The 12th annual reunion of the Honabarger family was held Sunday at the home of Dr. and Mrs. J. A. Honabarger, Church st. Dinner was served at noon to Mr. and Mrs. Ernest DeCamp, Canton; Mr. and Mrs. William Ott, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Ott, Mr. and Mrs. Otto Ott, William Ott, Jr., all of Stone Creek; Mr. and Mrs. Clyde Trocndly, Fresno; Mr. and Mrs. Edward Honabarger, Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Bahmer, Miss Nora Bahmer, Miss Irene Honabarger, Miss Florence Honabarger, Edward and Ernest Honabarger, all of Bakersville; Dr. and Mrs. J. A. Honabarger, John, Paul and Harold Honabarger. [The Coshocton Tribune (Coshocton, Ohio) May 17, 1934 - Sub bby Ida Maack Recu]
A family reunion was held Sunday at the home of Dr. and Mrs. J. A. Honabarger, Church st.
A dinner was enjoyed at noon by Mr. and Mrs. William Ott, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Ott, Mr. and Mrs. Otto Ott, Betty, William and Ward Ott and George Presler, all of Stonecreek; Mr. and Mrs. Clyde Treondtly, Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Karling, Mr. and Mrs. Loren Treondtly, all of Fresno; Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Honabarger, Mrs. Elizabeth Honabarger, Irene and Jacob Edward Honabarger, all of Bakersville; Florence Honabarger, Cleveland; Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Ott, Janice, Joan and Adrian Ott, all of Baltic; Mr. and Mrs. Ernest DeCamp, Canton; Mr. and Mrs. Charles Honabarger, Waynesburg; Dr. and Mrs. Honabarger and sons, John, Paul and Harold. [The Coshocton Tribune (Coshocton, Ohio)June 14, 1939 - Sub by Ida Maack Recu]
Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Honabarger were hosts when the third annual Honabarger reunion was held on Sunday in the social room at St. Paul ’s Renner’s United Church of Christ.. Those attending were Mr. and Mrs. Elmer F. Ott, Mr. and Mrs. Adrian Ott, Sharon and Tommy Ott, Mr. and Mrs. Paul Celuch, Paul Jr., Timmy, Susie and Cathy Celuch, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Honabarger, Jim and Bonnie Honabarger, John Mills, Mrs. Edward Riedesel, Linda, Brenda, Sonda, Mark and Marsha Riesdesel, Mr. and Mrs. Ed Honabarger, Mary and Martha Honabarger, Mr. and Mrs. Ed Honabarger Jr., Stephanie and Andrea Honabarger, Mrs. John Mullett, Mr. and Mrs. Melvin Sherer and Sandra Sherer, Mr. and Mrs. Jake Honabarger and Neal Honabarger. [The Coshocton Tribune ( Coshocton, Ohio ) June 28, 1963 - Sub by Ida Maack Recu]
The descendants of Edward and Elizabeth Bock Honabarger, held their seventh annual reunion at Bakersville Park, Sunday with 49 in attendance. Mrs. Melvin (Irene Hanabarger) Scherer was hostess for the day. Games and a social time were enjoyed following the basket dinner at noon. Attending from a distance were Mr. and Mrs. Ted Lehman of East Sparta, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Honabarger, Mr. and Mrs. John Mills, Mr. and Mrs. James Honabarger and Tracie, all of Waynesburg.
Plans were made to hold the 1968 reunion the first Sunday in August at the Bakersville Park. Mrs. John (Florence Honabarger) Mullet, will be the hostess. [The Coshocton Tribune (Coshocton, Ohio) August 17, 1967 - Sub by Ida Maack Recu]
Green Camp – The ninth annual reunion of the Reeley family was held at the H. E. Reeley home west of Green camp Sunday with 40 present. A cafeteria dinner was served.
W. E. Reeley of Akron was elected president. Wilda Reichardt, secretary and treasurer. The next meeting will be held at the G. C. Reichardt home west of Green Camp next year at the same time. Those present were: Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Reeley, Mrs. Frank Reeley, Mrs. Dora Almendinger of Waldo, John Reeley of Westfield, Mrs. Alice Brown of Marion, Mr. and Mrs. Calvin Porter and daughter and Miss Ruth Murray of Mansfield; Arless Walters of Marion; Daymond Almendinger of Waldo; Mr. and Mrs. Ray Reeley of Cardington; Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Dysert and Mr. and Mrs. Watt Treese of Richwood; Mr. and Mrs. John Reeley and children, Mr. and Mrs. Dan Reeley of Marshall, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. Edison Reeley and daughters of Akron and Carl Reichardt, Wilda Reichardt, G. E. Reichardt, B. F. Reeley, Mr. and Mrs. Carl Haberman and daughters, Dorothy and Betty, Chester Graham. [The Marion Star ( Marion, Ohio ) August 21, 1930 - submitted by Ida Maack Recu]
Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Sinift and son, Metellus, attended the first reunion of the Sinift family at the Marysville fair ground Sunday. A most enjoyable time was had. [The Richwood Gazette, September 14, 1922 - submitted by Ida Maack Recu]
Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Sinift and son, Metellus, spent Sunday and Monday in Fairfield and Perry counties, the Sinift reunion being held ay the grandfather’s homestead near Rushville. The Sinifts were joined at Byhalia by relatives from Lima, Ada, McGuffy and Kenton.[The Richwood Gazette, August 21, 1924 - submitted by Ida Maack Recu]
The fourth annual reunion of the Sinift family was held at the Marysville fairground Sunday, August 16. A fine dinner was spread at the noon hour after which a program of hymns and good readings was given. Several good talks wee given by the elder members of the family, which were greatly enjoyed by all. A large number of relatives were present from Detroit and Battle Creek, Mich. ; Ft. Wayne, Ind. ; Bellevue, Lima, Ada, Kenton, Marysville, Richwood, Columbus, Rushville and Newark. The next reunion will be held at Lafayette park, near Lima . [The Richwood Gazette, August 20, 1925 - submitted by Ida Maack Recu]
The fifth annual reunion of the Sinift family was held Sunday, September 5, at LaFayette park, near Lima. Nearly 100 were present from Detroit, Battle Creek, Medina, Paulding, Lima, Kenton, Ada, Marysville, Columbus, Jacksonville, Fla., and Richwood. A fine dinner was spread, after which a nice program was rendered including: Reading and song, Ruby Carmen; piano duet, Mrs. Ruby Hunsiker and Metellus Sinift; vocal solo, Peter Sinift. A very interesting talk on “The Sabbath School and the Home,” was given by the president, C. L. Sinift. The following officers were re-elected: C. L. Sinift, McGuffey, president; Austin King, Columbus, vice president; Metellus Sinift, secretary and treasurer; program committee, Mrs. F. E. Bretz, of Columbus, Mrs. John Carmen, of Alger, and Elmer Kershner, of Battle Creek. A closing hymn, “God Be With You Till We Meet Again,” with Mrs. Charles Sinift at the piano. Benediction by the president.
[The Richwood Gazette, September 9, 1926 - submitted by Ida Maack Recu]
The seventh annual reunion of the Sinift family was held Sunday at Lafayette park, with 125 present from Detroit, Battle Creek, Ft. Wayne, Cleveland, Lima, Columbus, Kenton, Bellevue, Texas, Richwood and other places. A bounteous dinner was served ay the noon hour, after which a fine program of music, readings and talks was given. Officers for the ensuing year are: Charles L. Sinift, of Columbus, president; D. H. Snyder, of Line, vice president; Metellus Sinift, secretary-treasurer. The reunion will be held at the same place and time nest year. [The Richwood Gazette, September 6, 1928 - submitted by Ida Maack Recu]
Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Sinift, J. H. Lilley and Metellus Sinift attended the ninth annual reunion of the Sinift family, wchich was held Sunday at Lafayette Park, near Lima. There was a large attendance from the following places: Columbus, Lancaster, Ft. Wayne, Lima, Ada, Kenton, McGuffey, Alger, Detroit and Richwood. [The Richwood Gazette, September 11, 1930 - submitted by Ida Maack Recu]
Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Sinift and Metellus Sinift attended the 13th annual Sinift reunion Sunday at LaFayette Park, near Lima. [The Richwood Gazette, September 6, 1934 - submitted by Ida Maack Recu]
C. L. Sinift of Columbus was a Sunday dinner guest of his cousin, J, W. Sinift and family. He also accompanied Mr. and Mrs. Sinift, Metellus Sinift and Mrs. Rogers to the Sinift reunion in the afternoon, which was held at Lafayette Park, near Lima.[The Richwood Gazette, September 12, 1942 - submitted by Ida Maack Recu]
TEMPLE 40th Wedding Anniversary
Mr. and Mrs. W. H. Temple, of West Ottawa St., held open house Sunday, December 7, in celebration of their 40th wedding anniversary. Mr. and Mrs. Temple were married December 7, 1907 by Rev. L. S. Colburn in the old Baptist parsonage in Richwood. Mrs. Temple, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Guyton (deceased) was born April 18, 1888. Mr. temple, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Temple (deceased) was born April 4, 1885.
Mr. and Mrs. Temple started farming in Jackson township, moving to Leesburg township in 1911, and in 1920 moved to their present farm in Claibourne township. Mr. Temple retired in April 1946, upon moving to their home in Richwood.
Mr. and Mrs. Temple have three children, Don L. Temple, of Marion, Ohio; Mrs. William Russell, of Mt. Victory, Ohio, and Bill Temple Jr., of Richwood, also 4 grandchildren.
Out of town guests were Mr. and Mrs. Ethan Temple Jr., Mr. and Mrs. R. G. Smallwood, Mrs. Kenneth Tobin and Mrs. Glen Penry and son, of Marion, Ohio; Mr. and Mrs. Charles McCoy and daughter, Evelyn and Mr. and Mrs. Wilmer McCoy, of Mt. Sterling, Ohio.
[The Richwood Gazette (Richwood, Ohio) December 11, 1947 - submitted by Ida Maack Recu - submitted by Ida Maack Recu]
Temples to Celebrate 50th Wedding Mar. 16
Mr. and Mrs. L. L. Temple, of near West Jackson, Richwood, Ohio, R. F. D. 1, will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary Sunday, March 16. Open house will be observed from 2 to 5 in the afternoon and from 7 to 9 in the evening.
Mr. and Mrs. Temple were married in the Richwood Baptist parsonage, March 19, 1902 by Rev. N. Y. Matthews.
Mrs. Temple is the daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. W. B. Robinson, and Mr. Temple is the son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Temple, all residents of Jackson township. [The Richwood Gazette (Richwood, Ohio) March 6, 1952 - submitted by Ida Maack Recu]