Two miles south of Garnett, in Hampton County,
we find one of the oldest Methodist church buildings in South
Carolina. It is a very simple white frame building, without
steeple, columns, or stained glass windows. It is surrounded
by large moss covered trees and shrubs.
The well kept
adjoining graveyard is fragrant with gardenias.
sturdy little church building has been in constant use since
its erection about 1790.
HAZEL CROWSON SELLERS
South Carolina Churches