Aurora County, South Dakota
Source: United States Marriages (1733-1990)/
Contributed by Marla Zwakman
Groom: Glen M. Hansen
Bride: Eva M. Gales
Married: 3 Oct. 1922 at White Lake, South Dakota
Aberdeen American (1 Dec. 1916) transcribed by FoFG MZ
Plankinton – Miss Marie G. Dunn and James M. Donegon were married here by Rev. A. J. Tardiff. Upon their return from a wedding trip they will be at home on a farm in Cooper township.
The Daily Republic, Mitchell, South Dakota
Jan. 5, 1952
Stickney - Miss Joan Marie Miller, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. J. C. Miller of Stickney, and Ronald H. Harris, son of Mr. and Mrs. Harold Harris of Plakinton, were wed in a nuptial mass at St. Mary's Catholic church in Stickney Saturday morning, Jan. 5. Rev. P. V. Duggan officiated at the double ring ceremony.
Miss Ruth Ann Gerhard and Hershell Page sang "On This Day, O Beautiful Mother," and "Ave Maria."
The bride's ballerina-length dress was of powder blue net over nylon, with a rhinestone trimmed bodice. Her corsage was of pink and white carnations, with a matching headband.
Attending the bride, as matron of honor, was her sister, Mrs. Norman Storm of Armour. She wore a ballerina length dress of gray taffeta, with a net skirt.
The bridegroom was attended by Marion Slater of Plankinton.
A wedding breakfast was served following the ceremony at the Legion hall. Teh breakfast was prepared by Mrs. Joe Malady, assisted by Mrs. Ernest Furchner and Mrs. Henry Dittrich. Misses Marlene Hargens and Eva Johnson were waitresses.
Vases of white mums, and decorations in white and yellow,k were used at the tables. A three-tiered wedding cake centered the bride's table.
Out-of-town guests attending were Mr. and Mrs. Harold Harris, Merrill and Gordon, Mr. and Mrs. John S. Miller, and Mr. and Mrs. Frank Scott, all of Plakinton; Mr. and Mrs. R. J. Kuckleburg, Barbara and Raymond, of Vivian; Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence Larson of Mitchell; and Mr. and Mrs. Norman Storm of Armour.
The bride is a graduate of Stickney high school and will complete her term of teaching in a rural school near Stickney. The bridegroom is a graduate of Plankinton high school, and is attending the University of South Dakota.
The newlyweds went to Sioux City for a short wedding trip.
From the Daily Republic, Mitchell, South Dakota
March 2, 1952
Contributed by Jeanne Jessie
KINYON-CRATER MARRIAGE VOWS SPOKEN AT PLANKINTON CHURCH
Plankinton - Miss Mickey Pearl Kinyon, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Reed Kinyon of Plankinton, chose a wedding gown of white nylon marquisette over satin for her marriage to George W. Crater, son of Mr. and Mrs. E. S. Crater of Stickney in the Plankinton Methodist Church the afternoon of march 2.
The bridal gown was created with a full skirt that fell into a paneled train, and a fitten bodice fashioned with jeweled neckline. It was trimmed with chantilly lace, and made with long pointed sleeves that came to points over the wrists. her double fingertip veil was held in place with a mother of pearl trimmed tiara. The bridal bouquet was of red roses.
Mrs. Alton Heidinger was matron of honor. She wore a gown of yellow taffeta with net over-skirt with matching headpiece trimmed in yellow rosebuds. She carried a colonical bouquet of pink and white carnations.
Linda and Lora Hawkins, as flower girls, wore identical gows [sic gowns] of pink moire taffeta. One carried a basket of pink carnations and the other carried a basket of rose petals.
Lonney and Kathy Kinyon were train bearers, the latter wearing a yellow moire taffeta gown. Ronnie Pavlin was ring bearer.
Alton Heidinger was best man. Ushers were Marvelle Kinyon and Raymond Crater.
The bride was given in marriage by her father, and marriage vows were read by Rev. H. D. Clark, before a candlelit altar banked with baskets of gladioli.
Mrs. Werner Assmus played traditional wedding marches, and accompanied Bruce Bosworth, and Miss Dena Metzner, soloists. The former sang "I Love You Truly," and "The Lord's Prayer," and the latter sang "Because."
A reception for 100 guests was held in the church parlors following the ceremony. Table appointments were in pink and yellow, with a four-tiered wedding cake centering the serving table. Kitchen arrangements were under the directions of Mrs. Don Weick, Mrs. Bernard Doran, Mrs. Beryl Folan and Marge Spissman. Waitresses were Eva Johnson, Marlene Hargens, Waye Jean Boehler, Violet Wulf, Betty Ditzler, Lorraine Lenocker, Carol Wulf and Mrs. Eddie Krell. The guest book was in charge of Mrs. Marvelle Kinyon. Takikng charge of the gifts were Barbara Kinyon, Shirley Kinyon and Mrs. Walter Wulf.
The bride is a graduate of Plankinton high school, and the bridegroom completed high school at Stickney. Mrs. Crater is employed at teh Farmers and Merchants State bank at Plankinton, and the bridegroom is employed at the J. F. Anderson Lumber Co., at Stickney.
The couple left for a wedding trip through the Black Hills, and will make their home in the Dodd Apartment in Plankinton on their return. For traveling the bride wore a navy blue taffeta dress with red accessories.
Out of town guests were Mr. and Mrs. J. E. Morrison and Mr. and Mrs. Harol Crater of Armour; Mr. and Mrs. Joe Vetter and family of Salmen; Mr. and Mrs. Francis Crockett and daughters and Mr. and Mrs. Tony Pavlin and family of Mt. Vernon; Mr. and Mrs. P. L. Kinyon, Shirley and Peggy Kinyon, Mavis Matteson and Lila Moldrem of Mitchell; Mr. and Mrs. Cecil Crater of Artesian, Mrs. Katherine Straw of Fulton and Alvin Hanten of White Lake.
The Daily Republic, Mitchell, S.D.
Jan. 19, 1952
contributed by Jeanne Jessie
RUTH ANN CERHARD OF PLANKINTON IS BRIDE
Plankinton - St. John's Church in Plankinton, was the scene of the wedding of Miss Ruth Ann Gerhard, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. H. T. Gerhard of Plankinton, to Hershell Page, son of Mr. and Mrs. E. R. Page of Stickney the morning of Jan. 19. Rev. Father Schreiber performed the nuptial ceremony, at an altar adorned with poinsettias and white gladiolas.
The bride was given in marriage by her father, H. T. Gerhard. She wore a ballerina-length gown of white Chantilly lace over satin, with a sweetheart neckline. Her jewelry was a diamond lavaliere which was her father's gift to her mother for their wedding. Teh fingertip veil was attached to a pearl-trimmed white velvet hat. She carried a white, orchid-covered, prayer book, with a fall arrangements of stephanotix. With it, she used a point-lace handkerchief which was carried by her mother at her wedding.
Her only attendant (was) Mrs. Louis Kettley of Mitchell. She wore a flame taffeta ballerina-lnegth gown with a net stole and white accessories, and carried a colonial bouquet of white roses.
Lawrence Larson of Mitchell, was best man. The ushers were R. V. Fitzgerald, Jr., and C. E. Gerken. The Mass servers were Bill Nolan and Tom Streeck.
The pre-nuptial music was played by Mrs. Clifford Swanson of Rockford, Ill., who also sang "I Love Thee," and "At Dawning." During the Mass, Mrs. Martin Carroll sang "Ave Maria," "Oh Lord I Am Not Worthy," and "Oh lord Who at Cana's Wedding Feast."
A breakfast was held at the Gerhard home for the wedding party and the immediate families. A four-tiered wedding cake, centered the bridal table, which was arranged with appointments in red and white. Mrs. Wm. Minow, Tyndall, Mrs. R. T. Fitzgerald, and Mrs. R. W. Burchfield assisted in serving. Mrs. Lorraine Nicoll had charge of the guest book and the gifts.
For their trip to New York the bride wore a gray suit with red and black accessories.
The bride is a graduate of Plankinton high school and Yankton College. The bridegroom is a graduate of Stickney high school and in engaged in farming near Stickney.
They will be at home on their farm after February 15.
The Daily Republic, Mitchell, South Dakota
Wednesday, January 23, 1952
Contributed by Jeanne Jessie
GARDNER-KRISTENSEN VOWS SPOKEN AT CRYSTAL LAKE CANDLELIGHT CEREMONY
White Lake - Miss Betty Gardner, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Gardner, and Raymond Kristensen, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ed Kristensen, were married at a candlelight service at St. John's Lutheran church at Crystal Lake Sunday evening. The Rev. W. Fink performed the double ring ceremony.
Ushers seating the guests were Jimmie Gardner and Denny Gardner. Traditional wedding marches were played by Miss Lorraine Markhardt. Adina Matzer sang "I Love You Truly," and "Because."
The bride wore a white satin gown that fell entrain. She wore a fingertip veil, and carried a white Bible with a corsage of white carnations.
Marlene Krumm and Caroline Artz, were the bride's attendants. They wore floor length gowns of blue and pink respectively.
Judy Hansen was flower girl. She wore a blue, floor length dress. Gary McCord was ring bearer.
Edward Kristensen and Richard Mier attended the bridegroom.
After the ceremony, a reception was held at teh home of the bride's parents. The table was centered with a three-tiered wedding cake. Kitchen hostesses were Mrs. Henry Beckman and Mrs. Ernest Boedeker, and waitresses were Adina Matzer and Mildred Artz. Mrs. Art Sheetz was in charge of the guests book.
Out of town guests were Mr. and Mrs. George Krumm and son of Mt. Vernon; Mr. and Mrs. Donald Krumm of Mitchell; Mr. and Mrs. Allen Jensen of Woonsocket; Mr. and Mrs. Frank Gardner of Plankinton; Mr. and Mrs. William Westendorf, Mr. and Mrs. Nick Schmidt and Mr. and Mrs. William Hutchmacher, and Frank and Tony Westendorf of Kimball, and Mr. and Mrs. Bob Wagner of Corsica.
Unknown Newspaper, probably The Daily Republic, Mitchell, South Dakota
WHITE LAKE GIRL WEDS IN DOUBLE RING CEREMONY
White Lake - Miss Lorraine Adams, daughter of Charles Adams of White Lake became the bride of Roland Redman, son of Mr. and MRs. John Redman of Wessington Springs, at a double ring ceremony at the First Congregational Church March 2. Rev. Elmer Wilhelm of Alpena officiated.
The bride wore a ballerina length gown of white nylon net, with lace panels, over white satin. The bodice of white satin was made with a net yhoke and long tapered sleeves. She wore a fingertip veil. Her bridal bouquet was of pink and white carnations.
Miss Bessie Grant was the maid of honor. She wore a ballerina length gown of lilac net over lilac satin, with matching headpiece.
Irvin Adams was best man and Harold Mettler and Earl Adams ushered.
Mrs. Wilhelm played the wedding marches and Claire Tiede sang "I Love You Truly," with Mrs. R. R. Klein accompanying.
A reception for the bridal couple was held in the church basement.
Miss Twyla Edwards was in charge of the guest book. The centerpiece on the bride's table was a three-tiered wedding cake. Decorations were carried out in white and lavender, the bride's chosen colors.
The bride is a graduate of White Lake high school and a teacher in a rural school The bridegroom is farming near Wessington Springs.