Custer County, South Dakota

Dakota
1885
Compiled by O. H. Holt

Custer City is finely situated in the upper valley of French creek, in the northern part of Custer county, and was the first town settled in the Black Hills. It is about forty-five miles south of Deadwood, and has a tri-weekly stage line connecting with the important points both north and south. The population is nearly 500. The town has several good hotels, a bank, and several mercantile houses. The people are intelligent and enterprising, and are devoted to the development of their city.

 



BACK
©Genealogy Trails