Churches of Hyde County, South Dakota

 

 

Grace Bible Church of Hyde County, SD
 

History Of Grace Bible Church
The Fellowship of Grace Bible Church began under the ministry of The Christian and Missionary Alliance in December 1937, when special evangelistic services were held in the Hyde County Courthouse with the first service on December 25th. Rev. Wm Graves and Fred Goehring of Berkeley California, were in charge. On January 15, 1939, the newly formed organization was known as Grace Bible Church.

The first officers were:
Chairman - Dick Lauing
Treasurer - Jacob Goldsmith
Sunday School Supt. - Fred Erlandson
Secretary - Mrs. Jacob Goldsmith

The first Sunday School was held on January 29, 1939, with a membership of 43. Regular Sunday morning and evening services with a young people's meeting during the week and prayer meeting each week were held from the time of the church's organization. On April 12, 1940, the church was officially organized as the Grace Bible Church of the Northwestern District of the Christian and Missionary Alliance


Submitted by Norita Shepherd Moss
 






Hyde County Genealogy Trails


Back to the Main Index page for Hyde County
2007 Genealogy Trails