"The Prairie Queen church was dismantled in 1953 when the congregation
merged with the Grace Lutheran of Nunda.
All that remains of the town of Prairie Queen is the arched gate reading
"Prairie Queen 1884," which
was donated by the undertaker, Vernon Albertson. A path from the gate
leads to a stately monument with the picture
of Prairie Queen Lutheran emblem and these words, "In memory of the
Prairie Queen Lutheran Church founded
in 1884. This congregation merged in 1953 with Grace Lutheran of Nunda."