We regret that we are
perform personal research for anybody.
The oldest and northernmost county in the Sequatchie Valley is Bledsoe County; it became Tennessee’s thirty-third county by an act of the Tennessee legislature in November 1807. It was named for Anthony Bledsoe, a Revolutionary War patriot who migrated to Tennessee from Virginia in the late 1700s. He was killed in a Native American attack at Bledsoe's Station.
In 1795 John McClellen and Charles McClung explored the area of the Sequatchie Valley that would become Bledsoe County, and several early settlers accepted Sequatchie land as payment for service in the Revolutionary War.
In 1816, the county seat was moved from Madison, six miles from Dunlap and fifteen miles from Pikeville, to its current location, Pikeville.
Bledsoe County’s 404 square miles are divided into three distinct regions: Sequatchie Valley, Cumberland Plateau, and Walden Ridge.
Towns and Other Populated Places
Cold Spring ~ Dill ~ Lees Station ~ Lusk ~ Melvine ~ Mount Crest ~
New Harmony ~ Nine Mile ~ Pailo ~ Summer City ~ Tiptop