Town of Trezevant

Carroll County TN





Trezevant on the Louisville & Memphis Railroad, ten miles southwest of McKenzie, was established in 1859 on lands belonging to L. B. White and W. A. Marshall. The first merchants were A. White and R. H. Algee. The former was the first postmaster. The business of the town now consists of five dry goods stores, two family groceries, one drug store, one grist-mill and three cotton-gins. The churches are the Cumberland Presbyterian, established in 1862; Baptist Mission, 1866; Southern Methodist, 1870, and Christian, 1875. The population of the place is about 400.

Source: Goodspeeds History of TN

Home